test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Gonzalo Higuain

Started by Jason,

360 posts in this topic

Be sure we are going to extend the loan for a season and then look for a better option by summer of 2020. There is no way we can recoup that 36M for a 33 yo unless he goes to China. 

41 minutes ago, Stats said:

Expecting him to go straight in the team for Sunday against Wednesday. Nice game for him to get his debut and hopefully a goal or 2 under his belt and if all goes well, should see him start the league game against Bournemouth too.

I'm going to watch Chelsea Women on Sunday afternoon, and wasn't sure I wanted to go to the Wednesday game too. Of course, because I'm an addict, I did buy a ticket in the end and I'm glad that I'll be there to see Gonzo's debut. By the way, tickets were still on sale for both games the last time I checked. Women play in Kingston at 2:00pm, the men in Stamford Bridge at 6:00pm.

Stats likes this

It’s a bloody shame that he is not included against Spuds.

I absolutely hate the false nine formation with Hazard up top. 

kellzfresh likes this

A thing I always like seeing with our new signings is how they form friendships with our other players who speak their languages. Should be easy for Gonzalo to settle in with all the other Spanish speakers we have.

As far as his game goes, I hope that even if he doesn't score right away he at least works his socks off and makes himself a huge pain in the ass for defenders. Make opposing teams fearful of a Chelsea striker for the first time since Diego Costa left.

kellzfresh likes this

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

It’s a bloody shame that he is not included against Spuds.

I absolutely hate the false nine formation with Hazard up top. 

Giroud might start...

Hi Napoli highlights tend to have a few other attackers in the box occupying defenders (his finishing and dribbling/touch are still class, don't get me wrong).  We still need other players to get in to dangerous positions or he's going to have at least 2 defenders draped all over him all the time.

Just love this business to bits. I'm always for pragmatic solution when there is no clear option available. Welcome, Gonzalo!

"When the opportunity to join Chelsea presented itself, I had to take it," he said.

"It's a team I've always liked that has a lot of history, a wonderful stadium and they play in the Premier League, a league I've always wanted to play in.

"I now hope I can give back that trust Chelsea have shown me out on the pitch. I can't wait to start and I hope to adapt as soon as possible."

Marina Granovskaia, the director of football at Chelsea, added: "Gonzalo was our number one target in this transfer window and arrives with a proven record at the highest level. He has previously worked with Maurizio to great effect and is familiar with how the coach likes to play.

"This was not an easy deal for us to do because of the numerous parties involved, but we are delighted we were able to make it happen and we look forward to seeing the impact Gonzalo will make for us in the second half of the season."

He's seems strong as an ox and not easily knocked off the ball. I expect some goals from Him, Gonna guess at 10 prem goals for the remainder of the season

I like this deal a lot and I'm expecting big things from him. He's exactly what we need right now (although few years younger and a bit faster version of Higuain would be even better)

Sideshow Luiz likes this

53 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Drogba

365 goals

44 goals in the CL

All-time African scorer in European major competitions

17 major trophies

Time 100 (100 most influential people in the world) 2010

FIFA All-world first team 2007

FIFA Golden Foot: 2013

19 May 2012:wub:

Higs: