Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Higuain is a good striker! I may be biased, but there is hardly any outstanding differences between him and Benzema. Everyone said that Torres wasn't suited to us because he wasn't aided by any mid-fielders, but if we do get a strong MF, why can't Higuain join CFC? He will cost less than Torres and be more efficient!

Higuain needs creativity, like he's going to get that at Chelsea.

We need a hard worker up front who is a good footballer, not someone who relies on creativity or it's not going to work.

You mean an immovable statue like drogba and crouch? Or a poacher like Higuain and Huntelaar.

You mean a respone from a person who gets butt hurt when you talk about his fellow countryman?, or someone who is really stupid and puts Drogba into Crouch's catagory?.

Or someone who can't spell? You criticized my argument before you heard my opinion. According to your response, I should be more hurt over someone criticizing Israel than the USA.

Oh sorry for making typo's and not being arsed to edit my post. No you're a tit and just hate people who don't think Argentinian players are good. You went mad when we beat Barcelona 1-0 because Messi was on the team... how are you even a fan?.

Higuian could work with some of the new signings Chelsea but he would struggle with the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge etc are playing on the wings. If Higuian is who we are after Lavezzi is a must.

Argentina make the world's greatest Fowards, but really struggles in the Goalkeeping, Defence and Midfield departments.

Higuian could work with some of the new signings Chelsea but he would struggle with the likes of Malouda, Kalou, Sturridge etc are playing on the wings. If Higuian is who we are after Lavezzi is a must.

Argentina make the world's greatest Fowards, but really struggles in the Goalkeeping, Defence and Midfield departments.

What about Zanetti, Cambiasso, etc?

Cavani, Falcao, Dzeko, Adrian, Doumbia, Benzema are workers, they would somehow fit system. But Higuain, Gomez etc are poachers and we would need realy good midfield and specialy good wingers with good crosses to actualy make poachers usefull. Since we dont have that, working ST needs to come IF we will get him anyway

I am more optimistic a poacher would succeed in our system then i was in the beginning of the season. Mainly because 4-2-3-1 is much more suited for a poacher skills.

4-3-3 is more suited for a more rounded striker, who can drop back and link up plays between midfield and attack. Drogba and Messi are prime examples of that.

I am more optimistic a poacher would succeed in our system then i was in the beginning of the season. Mainly because 4-2-3-1 is much more suited for a poacher skills.

4-3-3 is more suited for a more rounded striker, who can drop back and link up plays between midfield and attack. Drogba and Messi are prime examples of that.

It makes sense on paper, granted. However it also takes the right players too. Mata could only do so much from his position but we'd need another player of that calibre too, who knows if Marin's got a killer pass on him or not. Ramires' wasn't blessed with the best passing abilities either, but he's effective at running into the box and cutting it across, case & point would be his pass to Drogba in the first leg v. Barca.

In an ideal scenario we could be a 4-2-3-1 squad off the ball and 4-4-2 when in possession because I think a poacher and all-round striker would be much more effective than a lone-poacher.

It makes sense on paper, granted. However it also takes the right players too. Mata could only do so much from his position but we'd need another player of that calibre too, who knows if Marin's got a killer pass on him or not. Ramires' wasn't blessed with the best passing abilities either, but he's effective at running into the box and cutting it across, case & point would be his pass to Drogba in the first leg v. Barca.

In an ideal scenario we could be a 4-2-3-1 squad off the ball and 4-4-2 when in possession because I think a poacher and all-round striker would be much more effective than a lone-poacher.

It would definitely help having another like Mata type player, a signing like Shinji Kagawa would be a good shout for that role. I was generally speaking playing a #10 is almost necessary when you have a lone poacher.

We can blame and criticize Torres all we want, but tbf to him we tried to make him and play him like Drogba, and not even try to accommodate for his skill set. But as i said i am more optimistic players like Torres can succeed now that we have changed our formation and have Mata in the #10 role.