Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Doesn't change the fact that a physical striker who plays with his back to goal is best suited for Chelsea.Torres and Drogba are evident to that.

he used to be suited for chelsea when we had automatic midfielders like Obi and Essien, with their long balls. But now with Oriol and some other midfielders, passing has improved, though we need some attacking midfielder or left winger to complement Juan. The days of strong Strikers like Drogba are almost over. we just need some few players. Now bring on Cavani or Higuain, I have no preference.

I don't think so. He is a very good finisher but not better than Aguero (the difference isn't much though). Let's see what happen in the future....

Actually he is. Gonzalo Higuain has the season prior to his injury, the season he got injured and this season have/has had the best strike rate in Europe. The best goal per minute ratio of any striker in Europe including Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie and Lionel Messi.

Prior to the injury: http://soccernet.esp...=europe&cc=5739

This season: http://www.guardian....#zoomed-picture

---

He has always been more clinical than Sergio Aguero. Even this season. That is indisputable when you look at the number of goals he has scored in the number of matches compared to Aguero. Even for Argentina; Aguero scored 14 goals in 33 matches compared to Higuains 13 goals in 23 matches.

If we get rid of Drogba or Torres then yes. If both are staying then no.

We have 1 ST spot, and there's 4 players that will compete for it if Higuain signs. Torres, Drogba, Lukaku and Higuain. Why spend 30M on a guy that won't get that much playing time? I'd rather wait until the summer. Drogba will be gone, Torres will stay if he is on form, if not, sell and buy Higuain. Not to mention he can't play champions league this season with us.

Like the poster above, I very much doubt Real Madrid want to sell Higuain given his excellent form this season and his non disruptive attitude even when he is rotated with Benzema.

A hugely talented striker, would be ideal for the flowing football AVB is trying to implement and, Drogba aside, would be a big improvement on our current striking options.

Like the poster above, I very much doubt Real Madrid want to sell Higuain given his excellent form this season and his non disruptive attitude even when he is rotated with Benzema.

A hugely talented striker, would be ideal for the flowing football AVB is trying to implement and, Drogba aside, would be a big improvement on our current striking options.

He's better than Drogba is now, Drogba has had like 5 good games this year.

Higuain would be a Good Replacement for Drogba, we need a Couple of Very good Strikers and Torres and Hiugain can be that. Lukaku will possibly go on loan and Danny is Playing at RW so Higuain can be a good option to Replace Drogba and Fight for that CF spot with Torres. Although if we get rid of OTH Drogba and Torres that Cavani should be our Man

Nobody suits the current Chelsea set up than Didier Drogba, and it is certainly more than 5. Perhaps you should be a little bit more grateful that the great man has stepped p his game when others have faltered so severely when he could just as easily run down the last year of his contract with his mind purely on a big money move to China.

Actually he is. Gonzalo Higuain has the season prior to his injury, the season he got injured and this season have/has had the best strike rate in Europe. The best goal per minute ratio of any striker in Europe including Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie and Lionel Messi.

Prior to the injury: http://soccernet.esp...=europe&cc=5739

This season: http://www.guardian....#zoomed-picture

---

He has always been more clinical than Sergio Aguero. Even this season. That is indisputable when you look at the number of goals he has scored in the number of matches compared to Aguero. Even for Argentina; Aguero scored 14 goals in 33 matches compared to Higuains 13 goals in 23 matches.

These stats do not prove that Higuain is more clinical than Aguero. Minutes-per-goal ratio/ Number of goals scored per match does NOT prove that one player is more clinical than the others. In order to prove that I don't have to go for some different sources; I will use your own sources.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/nov/02/premier-league-top-goals-scorers#zoomed-picture

According to that article, Minutes-per-goal ratio of Edin Dzeko is far less than that of Messi, Mario Gomez, Ronaldo, and even Van Persie's. Does that mean Dzeko is more clinical/better finisher than those players? I don't think so.

In order to know who is more clinical, we will have to see number of goals scored from number of good chances they get.

Tbh buying Higuain would be a terrible idea, about a month ago I would of said different. The thing is Higuain is a goal scorer/poacher, we can't assist players like him, none if our players can cross, and we never put in through balls or long balls. We need a playmaker and a winger. I'm telling you if RVP came into our team, he wouldn't score, every striker we get will get a pass with there back towards goal, and drogba has always been able to work like that, that's why we need him.

If Sturridge played centre forward all of his games he wouldn't have 9 goals, he would have about 3 or 4, and that would be off huge determination and fight.

:clap:

I'll never say another bad thing about Roman if he buys Higuain.

Yep, just what we need - another expensive striker - it must be January again or we are not doing so well!

We should have enough with Torres and Danny, thats 55 million of talent.

We need a creative midfielder, a right back who can defend and cross and a left winger so Mata can go central

Feed Torres and he will score. Get Higuain and its the same old problems

Yep, just what we need - another expensive striker - it must be January again or we are not doing so well!

We should have enough with Torres and Danny, thats 55 million of talent.

We need a creative midfielder, a right back who can defend and cross and a left winger so Mata can go central

Feed Torres and he will score. Get Higuain and its the same old problems

Agreed, It's not the time to get a Striker, we lack Creatvity which was so Painfully evident against Fulham

Beat ya to it, Wu Tang fan(If thats from RZA that is) lol. But hey, guess Gonzalo is out of the way. Damn I liked Il Pipita.

:lol: indeed.

But yes it seems so. Then again, he said if Real want to sell then he'd consider. So it depends if Real will listen to an offer..