Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

And besides, we would need to pay a lot for him...what was the point of payin' 18m for Lukaku then? Just no.

and 50m for torres... the point would be that lukaku is one for the future, higuain would make instant impact

and 50m for torres... the point would be that lukaku is one for the future, higuain would make instant impact

If we were going to bring him in we would need to offload someone , if JM was to snap Drogba up on a free in the summer he may let one of his strikers go but i cant see it being Higuain.

Torres, if he continues being depressed and wood-legged

Torres was supposed to be an instant impact at 27 years of age. LoL and he was an impact. He hit us so hard that we still can't get our hand around it...:D

Higuain is 23 only.

Torres was supposed to be an instant impact at 27 years of age. LoL and he was an impact. He hit us so hard that we still can't get our hand around it... :D

Higuain is 23 only.

So is Mata... and we would be lucky to have such players waiting for their peak. Torres might just be past his peak, or at least with the current personnel we have. If Torres sucks till the end of the season, then I'm all for going all guns blazing for Higuain :D Although yes, it feels unrealistic. I'm not sure Higuain himself would want to come, seeing how Torres ended up.. Real is strikers candyland.

So is Mata... and we would be lucky to have such players waiting for their peak. Torres might just be past his peak, or at least with the current personnel we have. If Torres sucks till the end of the season, then I'm all for going all guns blazing for Higuain :D Although yes, it feels unrealistic. I'm not sure Higuain himself would want to come, seeing how Torres ended up.. Real is strikers candyland.

We have shitloads of strikers and it's absolutely stupid and moronic to buy another one no matter how good he is XD I would rather see Sturridge play there.

I really like Higuain and he's a pure quality and by no means I'm not saying he is not worth the money needed for him or that he is bad, but we are much better investing that money into our midfield and defense which are leaking and aging.

We have shitloads of strikers and it's absolutely stupid and moronic to buy another one no matter how good he is XD I would rather see Sturridge play there.

Get rid of Anelka, Drogba and Torres and all of a sudden we don't look so riddled with strikers. It's not gonna happen though. Torres has probably already levelled his transfer price with merch sales.

Get rid of Anelka, Drogba and Torres and all of a sudden we don't look so riddled with strikers. It's not gonna happen though. Torres has probably already levelled his transfer price with merch sales.

Indeed, but again it is not a position on top of our priorities. I would rather see us cash out on Modric 40m then 10m on some old midfielder or a young one that will struggle to adapt.

Indeed, but again it is not a position on top of our priorities. I would rather see us cash out on Modric 40m then 10m on some old midfielder or a young one that will struggle to adapt.

What do midfielders have to do with this topic?

He is just stating other areas need to be addressed before we sign a new forward a creative midfielder and a right winger (if we continue to play 4-4-3 ) for example.

It is true, it's too early to say... but when Anelka and Drogba leave and Torres doesn't start firing, and AVB insists on playing Danny as a winger, then striker will be as big of a problem as midfield.

Our main strikers would be Higuain and Torres, Sturridge and Lukaku on the bench, but rotate between the four.

2 strikers?

I think we'd play Higuain at the top of the attack, flanked by Sturridge & Mata. I believe Villas-Boas always plays a lone-striker.