Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

Sorry but no way is Real going to sell Higuain, the guy is an immense goal scoring machine... I would love him to be here, one of the best finishers out there. But sadly I can't see it happening. Tbh I've been dreaming of Higuain for a long time, I just haven't said anything because he seems like an unrealistic target... on the other hand, so did Torres. I don't rate Benzema as highly as Higuain.

I am for this one. He is young, talented and a good goal scorer. And maybe the more important thing is that he is on form. To pretend to be one of the biggest club, you have to possess a striker who scores on a regular basis. We do not have this.

On the other hand, at the end of the season Anelka and Drogba are leaving, Kalou will probably follow them (even if he doesn't, we can't count on him). Thus, we will have three strikers : Sturridge, Lukaku and Torres. The first one isn't considered as a striker, the second is no near to be ready, and as for the third... Do I need to explain ? So it is not like if we will have a pair fo world-class strikers..

Though, I am not sure about the price...

Torres and Higuaín are freakishly similar as players. Of course he's done better than Torres has for the past one and half year but he wouldn't do much for us in our current state either. Only Henry and R9 would score like crazy in our current team.

Buy as many strikers and forwards as you want, it means fuck all till we start providing them with service.

Exactly. It's like last season, "oh my god, play Anelka, Drogba and Torres together, we'll totally kick ass!" Then it turns out playing three center forwards with poor supply isn't really a good idea. Especially against teams who park the bus.

Chelsea's priorities this winter should be a deep lying playmaker (and we all know who that player is) and a right winger/forward.

Im not suggesting that. I'm just thinking why pay 50 mil for a player to sit on the bench.

Higuain won't sit on the bench. If paying £50m means to have a striker who scores goals, and to have someone who will keep this poor player Torres currently is, then I am all for it.

Torres and Higuaín are freakishly similar as players. Of course he's done better than Torres has for the past one and half year but he wouldn't do much for us in our current state either. Only Henry and R9 would score like crazy in our current team.

True. But Higuain would have scored this sitter at Old Trafford, if you know what I mean.

And, of course Huguain won't change anything about our lack of creativity. And you'll tell me that to score goal, you have to have players who make assists. I'll answer you that you also need to have players who put those passes in the net. And currently, we don't have a player who turns a pass into an assist. Drogba no longer offer that, and Torres never offered us that so far. That is the reason I was for the purchase of Falcao, and the reason I am for the purchase of a new striker.

I agree Torres and higuain are very similar to each other, which is why i don't think he would succeed here.

Benzema is the Madrid striker i think would best fit us.

True. But Higuain would have scored this sitter at Old Trafford, if you know what I mean.

And, of course Huguain won't change anything about our lack of creativity. And you'll tell me that to score goal, you have to have players who make assists. I'll answer you that you also need to have players who put those passes in the net. And currently, we don't have a player who turns a pass into an assist. Drogba no longer offer that, and Torres never offered us that so far. That is the reason I was for the purchase of Falcao, and the reason I am for the purchase of a new striker.

Yeah another quality striker would be good but not just any quality striker, that's how we got Torres, one that fits the game we (are trying) to play. But there are other areas we should focus on first.

I agree Torres and higuain are very similar to each other, which is why i don't think he would succeed here.

Benzema is the Madrid striker i think would best fit us.

Yeah he would be a better fit.

Yeah another quality striker would be good but not just any quality striker, that's how we got Torres, one that fits the game we (are trying) to play. But there are other areas we should focus on first.

Yeah he would be a better fit.

There are doubts aboit benzemas consistency. Higuain is the better player.

There are doubts aboit benzemas consistency. Higuain is the better player.

Benz doesn't have any consistency issues. It took him long to perform at the expected level but he's been great and consistent all year long.

Higuain the better player(?).. that's your opinion. For me they're of the same level but different types of strikers.

Benz doesn't have any consistency issues. It took him long to perform at the expected level but he's been great and consistent all year long.

Higuain the better player(?).. that's your opinion. For me they're of the same level but different types of strikers.

I dont disagree benzema is a good player i just feel Higuain has more to his game just my opinion but I respect your views.

As much as I would like to see Higuain in Chelsea blue, I don't think it is very likely. Real Madrid isn't generally in the business of selling off their best players, especially when the best is yet to come. Higuain's departure would mean that they would be left with only Benzema and Ronaldo to fill the role of striker, and Jose seems to fancy playing Ronaldo on the wing.