Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

I want Romelu Lukaku (or whatever the youngster's name is!).

He is the perfect player to replace Drogba, and he is only 17. Already he is playing for one of the top teams in Belgian football, and would only be around £15 million to £20 million to sign. Would love to see a player who potential like him then already big names like Higuain who will want an demanding wage.

Young players like that are always a gamble though aren't they? He is scoring goals in the Belgian league yes, but it is a big jump up to the Prem. It's great to sign those types of players but they are best of playing in the youth team/reserves for a few years first. I you want a player to slot straight into the first team then you have to spend money.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a random fact. Higuain is only on £15,000 a week wages at Real Madrid.....What a burn. He might want to leave because they wont meet his new contract demands which are going up to a staggering...Wait for it...50,000 a week! LOL. This guy is pretty cheap by modern standards and a good finisher, apparently people say hes not that good at creating chances, only taking them, but either way, at Chelsea you get loads of chances as a striker.

• 1 year later...

Buy as many strikers and forwards as you want, it means fuck all till we start providing them with service.

Exactly we need to address the right wing issue. this MUST be AVB's first port of call , or i am giving up hope :)

I am for this one. He is young, talented and a good goal scorer. And maybe the more important thing is that he is on form. To pretend to be one of the biggest club, you have to possess a striker who scores on a regular basis. We do not have this.

On the other hand, at the end of the season Anelka and Drogba are leaving, Kalou will probably follow them (even if he doesn't, we can't count on him). Thus, we will have three strikers : Sturridge, Lukaku and Torres. The first one isn't considered as a striker, the second is no near to be ready, and as for the third... Do I need to explain ? So it is not like if we will have a pair fo world-class strikers..

Though, I am not sure about the price...