Gonzalo Higuain

the wes

I like Higuain but he is one hell of a lazy player. Not quite as bad as Berbatov, but his work-rate is no better than Torres', which is why Mourinho prefers Benzema at CF for Madrid.

Who cares how much he runs if he is actually scoring? Unlike the sunshine haired number nine.

His work rate shouldn't matter. He does seem lazy and static (doesn't make many runs) but he is poacher and can stick them in the back of the net. I don't think he is that great. Good, yes, but not special...yet. If we get Higuain the likes of Cavani and Falcao are probably completely ruled out. I would really prefer we wait and get Cavani instead.

Higuain and Ba for around £30m makes more sense.than Falcao for £50m

Hard to disagree when you put it like that. But with Torres, Lukaku and Ba all under contract, I'd prefer a different type of striker. It's all a bit too similar for me. Even though I do rate Higuain. But I do agree that he tends to go missing in big games though, his only major flaw.

This guy is incredibly overrated. He needs 5 chances to score a goal, never ever appears in big games, not even close to a top class player. Everybody would be an upgrade compared to Torres, but we can do so much better.

I agree mate. Use to think Higuain was an absolute beast and prayed to the God of Blue to bring him to The Bridge but after watching a fair few of his performances for RM, I was left unimpressed. He isn't as prolific as he was once and does need too many chances to score especially in big games. Having said that though, he is one cool cat and you never know how he could react to a new start at the Champions of Europe (I will refer to us as that for as long as i live). Is there actually any substance to the rumours at all?

According to the latest blog by Guillem Balague, Real Madrid are trying to fund their move for Falcao by the potential transfer of Higuain, which Guillem estimated to be around €25m.

I believe this could be a good move for us in case we managed to sell Torres and would add to our bid in building a strike force that can challenge the strikers who are leading the two Manchester clubs.

Hard to disagree when you put it like that. But with Torres, Lukaku and Ba all under contract, I'd prefer a different type of striker. It's all a bit too similar for me. Even though I do rate Higuain. But I do agree that he tends to go missing in big games though, his only major flaw.

Torres, Lukaku and Ba are similar? What are you looking at, their shoe size?