• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

13 minutes ago, Robchels said:

People can’t be this naive around here. :)

while he can rotate, dropping senior players who are underporming needs to be done very carefully. That’s the easiest way to lose the dressing room and ones job for a manager.

LOLOLOL

Tell that to Zidane, Klopp, Pep, Poch, Fergie, Valverde, Deschamps, Max Allegri, Simeone, Joachim Löw, Giovanni Trapattoni, Rinus Michels, Marcelo Lippi, Bob Paisley, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Jock Stein ,Arrigo Sacchi, Carlo Ancelotti, etc etc 

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

LOLOLOL

Tell that to Zidane, Klopp, Pep, Poch, Fergie, Valverde, Deschamps, Max Allegri, Simeone, Joachim Löw, Giovanni Trapattoni, Rinus Michels, Marcelo Lippi, Bob Paisley, Ottmar Hitzfeld, Jock Stein ,Arrigo Sacchi, etc etc 

LOLOLOLOL (I have more lols than you)

Right, because it did not happen to our very last two managers... and it will happen again to this one. Much quicker if he drops senior players.

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can't wait for us to find a way to lose to a Spurs side without Kane, Son, Sissoko, Dembele and Dele Alli.  :beer:

Where there's a way.. We'll find it. Own goal.. Or maybe won't lose. Just a 0-0 draw bore. 

How many times can we miss? 

At this rate I just can't help but think to myself: Will we realistically see a change during this game? Will Alonso be dropped? Any optimism I had of Sarri is truly gone after the Arsenal game. He's one-dimensional, he brought with him a very limited player who pathetically can only play in one position. There's no unpredictability in the gameplay and I don't see it changing soon. (Right now Eddie Howe's preparation  work for the game on the 29th is already cut out) He keeps rewarding mediocrity. Willian and Alonso don't deserve to be at this club, the sight of them on the pitch is disgusting. 

On 1/20/2019 at 0:55 PM, BlueLyon said:

Fans saw it with Iva. They saw it with Cahill. They saw it in Cesc. Now they see it in Alonso and Willian. The managers however always reacted much later, but once they did they proved fans were actualy right.

It is funny when you say fans are always right. We all think we are smarter than the manager but both Conte and Mou pick Iva as starting the RB. He stopped playing when we change to 343. 

The same with Alonso. Alonso is undroppable under Conte. We all think that Emerson is the guy. New manager came in and alonso is still playing all the time. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

You must be fuming right now 

I'm still raging, got about 2 hours sleep.

The NFL will bring a rule change in more than likely moving forward, won't change what happened. If anything it will probably come in and cost us next season given recent luck.

Kepa

Azpilicueta Rudiger Luiz Emerson

Kante

Kovacic                 Ampadu

CHO                                      Hazard

Giroud

LOL Ampadu in the midfield

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So it is Alli, Kane and Son out for Spurs, the only player we have to worry about is eriksen. No doubt they will park the bus from minute 1. Still i am absolutely 0 confident we will get anything from this. With a decent manager I would be sure we would savage them, even with the average squad we have right now.

51 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

So it is Alli, Kane and Son out for Spurs, the only player we have to worry about is eriksen. No doubt they will park the bus from minute 1. Still i am absolutely 0 confident we will get anything from this. With a decent manager I would be sure we would savage them, even with the average squad we have right now.

Would you prefer we had kept Antonio? Genuine question.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Yes, I prefer Conte and I think he is the better coach, better suited to the players we have and the identity of the club. The way he bitched around with lack of backing by the board and their failures in the transfer market was very unprfessional and also what he texted Costa, but it is not his fault they replaced Matic with Drinkwater. So overall, he was not perfect either but I think a pragmatic coach is what you need when you have a board that clueless in the transfer market and not one who needs too many players that are very limited in the way they play and only suited to one particular system. For Sarri's system to work we need, 5-8 new players and that's simply not worth it, as we do not have patience with managers anyway. Also I don't like posession-based football but that is just a personal preference. The problem is not Sarri himself but the lack of continuity in the board's recruitment policy wrt to players and managers. Unless that does not change only pragmatic managers will succeed here. If indeed it has now changed and the board are willing to give a manager 2-3 years and 300m to build a new squad, then sure, give it a go but I hope that manager is not someone who after 6 months comes out and says "I can not motivate the players anymore". Sarri,  he simply is not good enough. He repeats Conte's mistakes, neither learns from his own, sets up his team to fail. All teams have to do is come at us with force for us to crumble adn concede and all they have to do to stop us from scoring is packing the box with players. This has been evident for weeks now, yet nothing has changed. If we really would go on and back a manager for years it should be someone like Klopp or Guardiola who at least get their teams motivated. Sure even those are not perfect. But they learn from their mistakes, always strive to improve, rotate enough to keep their players fresh and keep them enjoying their football. No player nor fan at Chelsea enjoys anything atm bc of Sarri's rigid medieval 4-3-3 and false 9 bullshit. Being an attacking manager does not equal having no plan B, persisting with the same bullshit over and over again.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yes, I prefer Conte and I think he is the better coach, better suited to the players we have and the identity of the club. The way he bitched around with lack of backing by the board and their failures in the transfer market was very unprfessional and also what he texted Costa, but it is not his fault they replaced Matic with Drinkwater. So overall, he was not perfect either but I think a pragmatic coach is what you need when you have a board that clueless in the transfer market and not one who needs too many players that are very limited in the way they play and only suited to one particular system. For Sarri's system to work we need, 5-8 new players and that's simply not worth it, as we do not have patience with managers anyway. Also I don't like posession-based football but that is just a personal preference. The problem is not Sarri himself but the lack of continuity in the board's recruitment policy wrt to players and managers. Unless that does not change only pragmatic managers will succeed here. If indeed it has now changed and the board are willing to give a manager 2-3 years and 300m to build a new squad, then sure, give it a go but I hope that manager is not someone who after 6 months comes out and says "I can not motivate the players anymore". Sarri,  he simply is not good enough. He repeats Conte's mistakes, neither learns from his own, sets up his team to fail. All teams have to do is come at us with force for us to crumble adn concede and all they have to do to stop us from scoring is packing the box with players. This has been evident for weeks now, yet nothing has changed. If we really would go on and back a manager for years it should be someone like Klopp or Guardiola who at least get their teams motivated. Sure even those are not perfect. But they learn from their mistakes, always strive to improve, rotate enough to keep their players fresh and keep them enjoying their football. No player nor fan at Chelsea enjoys anything atm bc of Sarri's rigid medieval 4-3-3 and false 9 bullshit. Being an attacking manager does not equal having no plan B, persisting with the same bullshit over and over again.

Would rather have Sarri still, you are completely removing the blame from Conte for the signing he made. Bakayoko, Drinkwater, and Morata were all players Conte wanted. Look at the players we have singed under Sarri completely different skill sets. Biggest reason for the shit squad we have right now is due to the donkeys Conte signed.

I am not convinced by Sarri, leaning toward him not being the answer. But at least we are moving in the right direction, most likely the next guy can capitalize. 

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I wouldn't. Conte's "suffering" last season is as bad as Sarri's pointless posession. Mourinho also deserved the sack. We have to keep searching until we find the right manager. People want basically anyone to stay long term, but it's not easy to find to find a Ferguson, or even someone like Pocchetino at Spurs. 

On the other hand, I do think we need our legends and ex-players in and around the club. Very happy Zola and Joe Cole are back now and a lot of others are in various ways still connected to the club. We also have a huge gap between the footballing and financial side, and we desperately need to appoint someone with insight and knowledge of the game, but above all with a vision of how the team should be built and play football. This person should be in charge of recruitment (both players and coaches/managers) and the other board members would only take care of the financial side of negotiations. 

The only person IMO who didn't deserve the sack was Di Matteo.