test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-1 Spurs

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      3
    • Azpilicueta
      1
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Luiz
      1
    • Emerson
      1
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      1
    • Barkley
      0
    • Pedro
      0
    • Hazard
      9
    • Giroud
      0
    • Willian (sub)
      0
    • Kovacic (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

395 posts in this topic
34 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

What are the rules for this one? A 2-1 Chelsea win takes the game to OT? Or is it the away goal rule applied? 

No away goal rule. No extra time. If the score is level on aggregate after 90 minutes, it goes straight to penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

What are the rules for this one? A 2-1 Chelsea win takes the game to OT? Or is it the away goal rule applied? 

Away goals count after extra time

petre.ispirescu likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason said:

No away goal rule. No extra time. If the score is level on aggregate after 90 minutes, it goes straight to penalties.

 

8 minutes ago, Jack25 said:

Away goals count after extra time

lol. so what now?

but i think it is a mix from both. There is extra time but there is no away goal rule, at least if it is if wikipedia is right. also i remember when we beat liverpool having drawn 1-1 at anfield and iva scored a 1-0 winner at the bridge in extra time, so that would vindicate that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two posts above you, guys:

3 hours ago, Jason said:

No away goal rule. No extra time. If the score is level on aggregate after 90 minutes, it goes straight to penalties.

The change is from this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

 

lol. so what now?

but i think it is a mix from both. There is extra time but there is no away goal rule, at least if it is if wikipedia is right. also i remember when we beat liverpool having drawn 1-1 at anfield and iva scored a 1-0 winner at the bridge in extra time, so that would vindicate that.

My understanding is always that away goals count after extra time. If we win 2-1 tomorrow, Spurs would go through is it's still 2-1 to us after extra time due to their away goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

and away goal rule?

nothing written about that in the article

Doesn't count as I understood it 

Starman60 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and away goal rule?

nothing written about that in the article

 

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

"14.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB."

Away goal doesn't count extra. 

Muzchap and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack25 said:

Away goals count after extra time

 

48 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

 

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

"14.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game no extra time shall be played and the tie shall be decided by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB."

Away goal doesn't count extra. 

Jack is wrong there. They changed the rule this season.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/08/do-away-goals-count-in-the-carabao-cup-semi-finals-8322786/

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Sundays debacle, I'm really not bothered about this game, whereas usually the chance of getting to a final, any final would have me tingling. I think even if we do manage to beat the Spuds we wont be able to roll City over again. For me, I think we must put all our efforts into securing 4th spot and keeping Arsenal and United out. Because the erratic way we're performing at present points to a 6th place finish. I feel Sarri needs to be given plenty of time, but so far I'm not impressed with his stubbornness and refusal to change a system that has stopped paying dividends.Also the playing of our best players out of position. If, on Thursday night, he decided to change it around, tweak his system and play some youth and peripheral players, even if we lose I'd be kinda happy. But sticking to a system that the big teams have sussed is a recipe  for another disastrous night at the Bridge.

Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Can see us going 2 up, then they get one back, then penalties. Then fuck knows.

Yep!!!! We'll find a way. Score look hopeful then think nahhhhh. Off they go... Run run run. Oh shit they have the ball.. Oh balls in the net. Oh woops that is how you score! Back to the circle we go. Run around in circles. Over the bar.. Pass pass... Oh they've scored again! Oh shit we lost but hey we had lots of possession hurrah!!!! We win the stats! 

 

Vesper and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep!!!! We'll find a way. Score look hopeful then think nahhhhh. Off they go... Run run run. Oh shit they have the ball.. Oh balls in the net. Oh woops that is how you score! Back to the circle we go. Run around in circles. Over the bar.. Pass pass... Oh they've scored again! Oh shit we lost but hey we had lots of possession hurrah!!!! We win the stats! 

 

:D

bigbluewillie and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Muzchap said:

It took Klopp 3 seasons to get his defence sorted when even football spectator knew that was the problem. That's 6 Windows. He's lost every final he's played in.

If he was manager here he would have been sacked ages ago, same for Pep... 

Pep won the league last season. So no, he wouldn’t have been sacked if he mirrored it here. Finishing 3rd place on his first season isn’t bad. We didn’t sack Mourinho on his return (1st season) did we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.