Aaron Wan-Bissaka

the wes

Manchester United and Chelsea are set to fight over the signature of Crystal Palace defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka this summer, according to the Daily Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aaron-wan-bissaka-transfer-chase-13867026.amp

• 3 weeks later...

I like him, but I'd much rather we gave Reece James the opportunity to stake a claim for right back. 

I firmly believe that if he was brought back next season as understudy to Azpilicueta, and given chances to play games he'll be first choice within 18-24 months and we'd have our right back sorted for a decade without spending a transfer fee.

It's essential for us to have two young, energetic, fast, powerful full backs next season. Wan Bissaka and Chilwell does look good and promising. HG status is just a plus. But worrying thing is that Alonso and Azpi just signed new long term contracts and knowing our board and Sarri I'm afraid they won't drop or sell players on 150k per week salary. New full backs did wonders for City I hope we are aware that we are in similar situation. 

13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If we want to be like Arsenal. Mine and Sarri's goal is to be best team in Europe very soon. You don't get that with Aina as starting back.

If Wan-Bissaka was from Chelsea academy he would be on loan at Vitesse.. Our academy is top, we should use it. I don't think that the only way to become a top team is buying players for 50-60 million pounds from Crystal Palace and Leicester. Make our own stars. 

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Ola Aina is gone. Torino said they will buy him perm this summer based on their option.

Even if they want to activate their option it's up to the player. If he refuses to sign for them or the parties fail to agree personal terms then the deal is off. Fiorentina had an option to buy Salah too but he rejected them bc he wanted to go to Roma, it's always the player's choice.

1 minute ago, nyikolajevics said:

Even if they want to activate their option it's up to the player. If he refuses to sign for them or the parties fail to agree personal terms then the deal is off. Fiorentina had an option to buy Salah too but he rejected them bc he wanted to go to Roma, it's always the player's choice.

I highly doubt Aina will turn it down, he is their main starter now. Every time I have seen him play this year he has been fantastic, especially the night he totally bossed CR7.

On 05/02/2019 at 7:59 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

I like him, but I'd much rather we gave Reece James the opportunity to stake a claim for right back. 

I firmly believe that if he was brought back next season as understudy to Azpilicueta, and given chances to play games he'll be first choice within 18-24 months and we'd have our right back sorted for a decade without spending a transfer fee.

Lower championship to top level PL player in 3 seasons? Dont be silly.

Reece is a big talent yes but he needs time to make the progression. Wan-Bissaka has been class for Palace this year.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Reece is a big talent yes but he needs time to make the progression. Wan-Bissaka has been class for Palace this year.

Arguably been the best RB this season. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Plenty of players his age are going or have gone from academy football or championship clubs to very good level premier league players in far less time.

There are also plenty of players that come to play in England that are a success having been playing in leagues no better quality than the Championship.

Until we start giving some players chances we are never going to know just how good they are and what there level is.

Wan-Bissaka has been excellent this season, but does he have a higher upside than Reece James or has he just been offered a platform to play games and gain top level experience by his club? Reece James is one of the brightest talents out of our academy over the last couple of seasons and buying a young player in his same position just seems a massive 'fuck you' to him. If we can't start providing a pathway for these players to establish themselves in the squad then we might as well give up on them all now and keep relying on filling up our squad on dross like Zappacosta and Drinkwater.

On 2/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Bournemouth bought David Brooks, a young man from the Championship. He tore us a new one when they beat us 4-0.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

This is starting to look like a pattern. The plan probably is: German clubs hoarding English players and then selling them back to England few years later for huge profits after Brexit has inflated the prices of English players even more.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You