Philippe Coutinho

Unionjack

On 1/31/2019 at 4:15 PM, live-chelsea said:

Barcelona would offer Philippe Coutinho to the best clubs for a transfer amount of about 105 million pounds. and Chelsea should be part of it. All recent speculation on transfers suggests that the Blues are one of the best teams willing to sign Coutinho, recently with Don Balon. declaring that they were ready to make an offer for the Brazilian international. Given that Eden Hazard is more and more likely to leave for Real Madrid this summer.

See More

We really do need to go in Billy Big Bollox style for him or similar.

• 2 months later...

Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho will join Chelsea this summer should FIFA lift their transfer ban. (Diario Sport)

Chelsea see Coutinho as a replacement for Eden Hazard and are ready to spend up to €100m to get the player. [MD]

CAM or  RW :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, milka said:

Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho will join Chelsea this summer should FIFA lift their transfer ban. (Diario Sport)

Chelsea see Coutinho as a replacement for Eden Hazard and are ready to spend up to €100m to get the player. [MD]

What a joke would be terrible way to spend all the Hazard money, most overrated player in football.

1 hour ago, milka said:

I'm hoping this is a lazy rumour I rather go for Felix who's got huge potential to be the next superstar 

Just now, the wes said:

I'm hoping this is a lazy rumour I rather go for Felix who's got huge potential to be the next superstar 

Yes. Potential. 

We shouldn't be taking risks right now. This team needs proven quality. Felix for his own benefit should stay at Benfica a season or two more before making the jump. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yes. Potential. 

We shouldn't be taking risks right now. This team needs proven quality. Felix for his own benefit should stay at Benfica a season or two more before making the jump. 

If he stays at benfica for another two seasons his value will double it's the best time to sign him now 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Still a massive risk and for that kind of money I would want proven quality. We are already relying on CHO and Pulisic for 'potential'. 

Felix will eclipse both of their careers in the game, the guy will be a top, top player. He is better than both of Callum and Christian. We dont have a chance,  Ronaldo has told Juve to sign him and Barca/Real/Bayern will all be very interested too.

6 hours ago, milka said:

You mean CAM or LW? CAM for sure. Plus sign Pepe for RW. But with Barkley and RLC here I'm afraid we won't go for upgrade. 

I really like Coutinho but I don't think he's worth the money being quoted. If we avoid the ban and we're prepared to go on an audacious spree then I'd be very happy for us to buy him because he's proven quality.

However we have so many holes in our team at present, I think that £100m could be used far more productively to improve the overall quality of the squad as opposed to trying to find a replacement talisman for Hazard. 

For example Pepe and a new left back for that same money would be more preferable. 

Or if we're looking at Coutinho more for a central role, then Fekir I think would be a more cost effective option.

At worst in the summer (assuming we can buy) we need to replace Hazard with a new wide player, a top quality left back and a top quality striker (I believe Reece James should be given an opportunity next year to compete with Azpi for right back).

However we could also really do with upgrading David Luiz and Jorginho. Possibly a new goal scoring midfielder too although I've seen enough of RLC in the last couple of months to believe if he stays fit he could become an excellent player in that position for us.

I just don't see Coutinho being a signing we desperately need to make unless we're prepared to be splashing out about £300m in the summer.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I really like Coutinho but I don't think he's worth the money being quoted. If we avoid the ban and we're prepared to go on an audacious spree then I'd be very happy for us to buy him because he's proven quality.

However we have so many holes in our team at present, I think that £100m could be used far more productively to improve the overall quality of the squad as opposed to trying to find a replacement talisman for Hazard. 

For example Pepe and a new left back for that same money would be more preferable. 

Or if we're looking at Coutinho more for a central role, then Fekir I think would be a more cost effective option.

At worst in the summer (assuming we can buy) we need to replace Hazard with a new wide player, a top quality left back and a top quality striker (I believe Reece James should be given an opportunity next year to compete with Azpi for right back).

However we could also really do with upgrading David Luiz and Jorginho. Possibly a new goal scoring midfielder too although I've seen enough of RLC in the last couple of months to believe if he stays fit he could become an excellent player in that position for us.

I just don't see Coutinho being a signing we desperately need to make unless we're prepared to be splashing out about £300m in the summer.

I wouldnt mind paying 100m on single player, but Coutinho isnt that special to be worthy of such fee.

I agree we should rather get Pepe and Chilwell for 110 or so compared to just Coutinho for 100.

But at the same time we must stop spending on average players just to fill as many positions. Then we just brings deadwood that doesnt fix issues and we waste money and time. We have to get 3 quality players per summer window, regardless of the cost. 

Right now my priority if we can sign players would be LB and ST. Kovacic shouldnt be bought and RLC needs to play, so CM should be someone talented, but not one to eat RLC all the minutes. Id love Ndombele, but that would mean RLC career here as starter is done. If Hazard leaves, then obviously a suitable replacement for him like Pepe.

The only way he can be effective is if you give him the entire left side of the pitch. The full back will always look worse with him there, the left midfield will struggle. I think is similar case to Dybala. You need to adapt everything to play him. Its not worth it. At least Dybala is a wc finisher.

Look Pogba at United: if the team is doing well he will play well. If the team is not working you never see him in the pitch. Exactly the same with Coutinho. 

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I wouldnt mind paying 100m on single player, but Coutinho isnt that special to be worthy of such fee.

I agree we should rather get Pepe and Chilwell for 110 or so compared to just Coutinho for 100.

But at the same time we must stop spending on average players just to fill as many positions. Then we just brings deadwood that doesnt fix issues and we waste money and time. We have to get 3 quality players per summer window, regardless of the cost. 

Right now my priority if we can sign players would be LB and ST. Kovacic shouldnt be bought and RLC needs to play, so CM should be someone talented, but not one to eat RLC all the minutes. Id love Ndombele, but that would mean RLC career here as starter is done. If Hazard leaves, then obviously a suitable replacement for him like Pepe.

This point is important. We can't have another transfer window like summer 2017.

I think the key is our focus must be on first team quality, not squad filling. This is regardless of price. If we can find an Andy Robertson type player for £10m then fantastic. If that player however costs far more then that is what needs to be done.

The squad can be filled out with academy players. Summer 2017, Aina could have been pushed into Zappacosta's spot and RLC into Drinkwater's spot. That would have saved us around £60m in transfer fees! 

If 2 or 3 more academy players can come into the squad in the summer, alongside CHO, RLC and Christensen, it freshens up the make up of the squad for free and boosts the club's academy profile and homegrown quota. 

This will allow us as you alluded to, focus on 3 or 4 key positions in our first team to improve and also not worry about homegrown levels. They can be the best players we can feasibly get hold of.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

He does it well but Coutinho is basically a long range shooter merchant. That's all he is. 

Not really. Hes great at dribbling and finding a final pass also.

His time at Barca hasnt been a huge success and his stats are poor but the player he was at Liverpool was more than basically just a long range shooter merchant. He was hugely overrated based on the fee he went for but theres so much more to his game than just shooting.

In 152 PL games for Liverpool he had 41 goals and 35 assists which means he was involved in a goal (scoring or assisting) every 2nd match, which for a attacking midfielder or wide 10 is pretty good, obviously some goals were shots from outside the area but he got a decent amount of assists too. Would basically be like calling Lampard nothing but a long range shooting merchant or Hazard nothing but a dribbler. Theres much more to his make up than just long shots. I am surprised hes struggled at Barca though, really quite am and that has put me off the idea of going for him in any capacity, particularly even more as the most advanced midfielder in our 3 which a lot of people seem to think he has excelled in during his career although he struggled at Barca in that role where he was specifically picked out to be the long term replacement for Iniesta. His best football has been from the left side be it in a 433 or 4231 or 3421 or 442.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You