Philippe Coutinho

Unionjack

I used to rate him very high. I think he was consistent in his last 1.5 seasons in the EPL. I also dont blame him for struggling for a place in that talented Barca attack, but after the Wolrd Cup i have a different opinion about him: there is an argentinian football term called PECHO FRIO. Those players you can't really trust because they can just wake up depressed in the morning of a decisive game.

18 minutes ago, milka said:

Look good if  Hazard leave : 

cqs1548112252a.jpg

Except Fekir is not a winger, he has played there twice in last two years.

Coutinho is more likely a winger. He has played LW a lot this year for Barca.

I cannot see the board tossing out the £170m or more it would take to grab both anyway, especially as striker, a REAL one (unless it is Jovic, who is the most affordable great option by far) will be close to, or more than £100m (Icardi or Dybala or Werner).:(

We will be extraordinarily lucky if we can prise out £100m for Hazard this summer. More than likely we end up getting only around £75m or so from Real (they officially have said £50m, so I am splitting the difference). Thanks board!!

11 hours ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

I used to rate him very high. I think he was consistent in his last 1.5 seasons in the EPL. I also dont blame him for struggling for a place in that talented Barca attack, but after the Wolrd Cup i have a different opinion about him: there is an argentinian football term called PECHO FRIO. Those players you can't really trust because they can just wake up depressed in the morning of a decisive game.

no tiene sangre en las venas:)

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

As much as he is an aesthetically pleasing player i would rather we didn't get him.

He tends to hold on to the ball too long and always wants to make things happen himself, for Sarri to work here we need less of those profile not more. 

Zero chance we should dump £100m on him. Barca got ROBBED by Victimpool, lolol. £145m!!!

So Barca just spent 90 million euros on Frenkie de Jong. I bet they are eager to sell some players right now to balance the books so we should go all out with Willian+cash deal for Coutinho. They might even be crazy enough to accept it!

27 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

So Barca just spent 90 million euros on Frenkie de Jong. I bet they are eager to sell some players right now to balance the books so we should go all out with Willian+cash deal for Coutinho. They might even be crazy enough to accept it!

The reports say £65m for the transfer fee, but I assume Barca (shockingly so if they did as Shitty said 'fuck that we are out') matched PSG's insane official wage offer which was £200k per week, meaning the total cost (NOT counting any add-ons) including wages is £117m for 5 five years.

I also would think this makes Barca a lock for de Ligt as he and de Jong wanted to go to same team.:(

On 1/22/2019 at 0:00 AM, Tomo said:

As much as he is an aesthetically pleasing player i would rather we didn't get him.

He tends to hold on to the ball too long and always wants to make things happen himself, for Sarri to work here we need less of those profile not more. 

We have a couple like that already!

On 1/20/2019 at 2:15 AM, Superblue_1986 said:

One of the biggest things that a player like Coutinho would give us which we lack at the moment is a goal threat from outside the box. Lampard would lick his lips in a team like this that dominates possession and pins teams to the edge of their penalty area or deeper because he would get ample opportunities to have a shot at goal from around the edge of the box. Coutinho showed in his time at Liverpool that, given the opportunity he isn't afraid to have some long range shots.

Yes, goal threat is his biggest asset. He’s a strange one though and a bit similar to Eden in how inconsistent he can be. And like Eden, it’s really not about when he wants it, but rather when the opponents let him. He struggles against tight marking and against physical players... he’s really frail and will not help a lot with the pressing.

so, a player who gives a lot but also takes away some... definitely NOT a Barcelona player.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:30 AM, Tomo said:

I think he could work. Assuming Hazard leaves, we will need a creative player along with fresh legs like Pulisic and Lozano (?). 

Barcelona would offer Philippe Coutinho to the best clubs for a transfer amount of about 105 million pounds. and Chelsea should be part of it. All recent speculation on transfers suggests that the Blues are one of the best teams willing to sign Coutinho, recently with Don Balon. declaring that they were ready to make an offer for the Brazilian international. Given that Eden Hazard is more and more likely to leave for Real Madrid this summer.

See More

26 minutes ago, live-chelsea said:

Barcelona would offer Philippe Coutinho to the best clubs for a transfer amount of about 105 million pounds. and Chelsea should be part of it. All recent speculation on transfers suggests that the Blues are one of the best teams willing to sign Coutinho, recently with Don Balon. declaring that they were ready to make an offer for the Brazilian international. Given that Eden Hazard is more and more likely to leave for Real Madrid this summer.

See More

CL football next season is essential for us to attract top players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You