test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

588 posts in this topic
On 13/01/2019 at 10:53 PM, Vesper said:

Alonso will hit the post 3 times, and be lauded as having a truly massive offensive impact.:blink:

Alonso has a decent scoring record against Arsenal funny enough(3) but i'm grasping at the prevail straws when it comes to Alonso now 4sure! I remember Hudson Odi ripping Bellerin a new one back in pre-season lets hope for something similar . Hell we better defend better than we did back the bridge or we will screwed big time .

Yeah was quite confident when went 2-0 up then suddenly we were level. Not that great with a lead so hopefully... Time for that to change 

Johnnyeye likes this

Arsenal have had 2 back to back defeats... Either they might come at us with full intent to get back to wining ways or we score  early demoralize their spirits and manage to scrape a victory (maybe?)

Vesper likes this

3 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Arsenal have had 2 back to back defeats... Either they might come at us with full intent to get back to wining ways or we score  early demoralize their spirits and manage to scrape a victory (maybe?)

I have to think they'll come at us.  They don't want to lose to us at home.  They'd have a 9 point deficit to climb out of at that point.

Johnnyeye likes this

53 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Most likely like with recent games we score early they'll come back at us and we'll be chasing. 

Be nice to take a lead and not look like losing it within 5 minutes till we do. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Expect Mr Bug Eyes to come in from the wilderness and put in a 9/10 performance against us. <_<

Something dumb like that seems to always happen to us. A player who hasn't scored in months does so against us. A keeper who never keeps clean sheets turns into De Gea. A player out of form or out of the team comes in and is man of the match.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Expect Mr Bug Eyes to come in from the wilderness and put in a 9/10 performance against us. <_<

Something dumb like that seems to always happen to us. A player who hasn't scored in months does so against us. A keeper who never keeps clean sheets turns into De Gea. A player out of form or out of the team comes in and is man of the match.

Nah. Will probably hurt his back from streaming too long on Twitch again...

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nah. Will probably hurt his back from streaming too long on Twitch again...

😂

29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Does it? I can't recall it happening often to us and certainly no more than any other team.

Johnnyeye and DYC. like this

I reckon MAYBE that if Higs doesn't get here in time to start then we stick Girood on. He must be itching to start and if we stick him on against his old club he might go potty!

take their eyes off Eden. And he likes playing with Giroood.

If not OG then Morata.

A EDEN  OG/MORATA  PEDRO with ROSS B as ACM would probably be our best chance for goals if not Pedro then CHO

I'm nervous. This is a must-win game at all costs because of United playing Brighton this weekend at OT.

And our record at the Emirates does not favour us.

Each chance against these lot is vital and we must maximise the chance aka SCORING. Remember what happened last season when we didn't take our chances?

What pisses me off though, is this team is virtually/almost no different than the team that was in the Emirates last season. Maybe even worse since some of our players could be playing out of position. 

7 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm nervous. This is a must-win game at all costs because of United playing Brighton this weekend at OT.

And our record at the Emirates does not favour us.

We have won more games there than we have lost.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Would be a big statement if we win and make the gap 9 points, huge in fact.

Problem being is we are pussy cats of late.

To good to be true.. We'll take a lead then go haha as if and be chasing them after. 

Hopefully be different.. We score we keep going! Or they score first still keep going. 

Do they have any important players out for this? 

I really hope Sarri starts Giroud here. Not only because I think he'd be effective against their shite defense, but back at the Emirates he'll be hella up for it. Make their CB's who are always shaky have to work very hard physically. 

Bosnian Blue likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Do they have any important players out for this? 

I really hope Sarri starts Giroud here. Not only because I think he'd be effective against their shite defense, but back at the Emirates he'll be hella up for it. Make their CB's who are always shaky have to work very hard physically. 

If this was the Arsenal of the late 00's i would agree as that side struggled against physical players but coped well against nimble players, this Arsenal team is the opposite, i reckon Pedro, Willy and Hazard could have them tripping over themselves.

Stats and Strike like this

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Would be a big statement if we win and make the gap 9 points, huge in fact.

That's only if United lose against Brighton at OT.

Which looks very bleak. In fact, they could be 3 points behind us before we play Arsenal as they play earlier.