• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

29 minutes ago, 0007 said:

Yaya Toure is a City’s legend but he didn’t fit into Guardiola’s philosophy and was sold as soon as possible.Big decisions need to be made by the board and by Sarri if we want to climb  back to the very top.

he left on a free

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bit calmer and thinking about the game. Honestly did not think this was a horrible performance esp away from home against a tough opponent.

It was just sloppy in very specific important areas. The first goal was a brilliant play and that first touch was half of the goal. Now the second was just sloppy.

And we did have opportunities in the final third, but we lacked any sharpness to put it in the back of the net. Pedro was making all the bad choices today (shooting too soon), or miskicking it, well he was completely off. Hazard was pretty poor as well. Thought WIllian had a decent game actually, for his standards. Giroud was scary in how he actually managed to not even connect to the football on WIllian's assist.

TBH Kovacic is looking like a player we do not really need and it will be hard to justify his price tag. Jorginho and Kante line needs work esp away from home.

Won't mention certain players because I'm just not really interested in that discussion.

Either one of Arsenal strikers would walk into our starting XI and that was the difference today/yesterday.

I see we are back to blaming the manager.

Fine let's sack Sarri - who's next?

I guess you people really don't understand the word continuity - all the teams above us have had it and stick to it. 

But sure let's sack him and go get somebody else, who will last 18 month's then be sacked again. 

Then we end up with a mishmash of players all costing the club a fortune and our perfomance will still be mediocre.

This is why Chelsea fans get a bad rap, we are spoiled and whiny. Back the club, back the manager and give him 3 years. If he doesn't deliver then fine, change.

44 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

I guess you people really don't understand the word continuity - all the teams above us have had it and stick to it. 

But sure let's sack him and go get somebody else, who will last 18 month's then be sacked again. 

Then we end up with a mishmash of players all costing the club a fortune and our perfomance will still be mediocre.

This is why Chelsea fans get a bad rap, we are spoiled and whiny. Back the club, back the manager and give him 3 years. If he doesn't deliver then fine, change.

:clap:

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have ourselves a level headed Chelsea fan. 

It's this simple, he's been hear months, he has not been allowed enough time to implement his style, philosophy and players. Yesterday and for the previous weeks he needs to take the blame like the rest. He picks the team, he's allowed Alonso and Willian to continually start, that's wrong, and that is inconsistent. People say he has no record of playing youth, I'm sorry but that is where he needs to change, and we no the player I'm making an example of.

Sarri is not helping the club, fans or himself by the way he is selecting and lack of plan B, the substitutes are the same, the selections are the same and the style is the same.

He needs to look at himself, the same with the players.

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

It's this simple, he's been hear months, he has not been allowed enough time to implement his style, philosophy and players. Yesterday and for the previous weeks he needs to take the blame like the rest. He picks the team, he's allowed Alonso and Willian to continually start, that's wrong, and that is inconsistent. People say he has no record of playing youth, I'm sorry but that is where he needs to change, and we no the player I'm making an example of.

Sarri is not helping the club, fans or himself by the way he is selecting and lack of plan B, the substitutes are the same, the selections are the same and the style is the same.

He needs to look at himself, the same with the players.

This is the issue I have. I don't want him sacked and want to see him have time to get the players he needs to play to his style. At the moment however it's not working and there is no point keeping trying every game for it to suddenly click as it hasn't in 23 games. Pass pass.. Lovely. 

It's obvious it's not working. One shot on target in the last 10 minutes is hardly a good sign! 

Change it up. Take a risk cause be surprised if we fail to finish 4th he'll be kept. Especially after being so far ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

That isn’t really a level headed opinion. It’s more of a Sarri defence post if any. He did not criticise the manager for his poor selection and formation yesterday and we are supposed to brush it off because there’s could be no replacement.

If we have a mishmash of GOOD players that’s one thing but we don’t. Alonso and Willian are very bad players. Yet he continue to use them over dynamic players of CHO and Emerson who desperately need PL experience for them to improve.

I don't understand why he hasn't started CHO or Emerson either, I really don't. It is baffling to say the least. That is on Sarri but what Muzchap said is correct, we can't keep sacking managers everytime the current gaffer doesn't get win after win. Our fans are overreacting big time.

14 minutes ago, DDA said:

I don't understand why he hasn't started CHO or Emerson either, I really don't. It is baffling to say the least. That is on Sarri but what Muzchap said is correct, we can't keep sacking managers everytime the current gaffer doesn't get win after win. Our fans are overreacting big time.

They've sacked managers for less. If we get to the end of the season.. Finish 5th be surprised 

It's not even about the losing. Ours wins lately have been far from convincing. I don't get the hesitation to change things. 

Yesterday was shite. There is no point having so many passes and possession if all it leads to is one shot on target in the last few. Obviously doesn't help players are under performing but then don't play them!. Mix things up change it around. To predictable. 

Finish 4th but start poorly and carry on how we have so far next season he'll be gone. 

2 hours ago, Muzchap said:

To put this into perspective, Klopp finished 8th in his first season. Only took till this season to finally get a new keep and the January transfer window to buy a top CB, despite fans banging on at him. But, look what he is doing now. We have to accept we will be frustrated by him choices, but we have to back him and realise it is a project we have to be patient with. Look at Guardiola at City. That took a while to come to fruition. 

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

The aim for this season is CL next season, not the title. So I’m not expecting us to win win win win win. But in return, I want to see progress. So far, I’m seeing nothing. We are on a verge on the second January in a row that we see ourselves from a very good position in to out of the CL spots.

We just lost to an Arsenal side that has Maitland Niles and Guandizi (or whatever his name is) in the squad and we failed to have a single shot on target...

And we gave Arsenal their second clean sheet of the season! I’m sorry, but this is something NOT to brush off. It’s not overreacting. It’s a disgrace, for a club like us. Even Fulham had shots on target against Arsenal!

8 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

They've sacked managers for less. If we get to the end of the season.. Finish 5th be surprised 

It's not even about the losing. Ours wins lately have been far from convincing. I don't get the hesitation to change things. 

Yesterday was shite. There is no point having so many passes and possession if all it leads to is one shot on target in the last few. Obviously doesn't help players are under performing but then don't play them!. Mix things up change it around. To predictable. 

Finish 4th but start poorly and carry on how we have so far next season he'll be gone. 

Sarri has walked into a dressing room full of players who think they are better than what they are. It was a miracle they won the title under Conte. It was actually Contes 3 at the back system, Hazard, Cesc and Diegos connection that won us that title. The rest were lucky to be apart of that system. They over achieved big time and were lucky it was Peps first season an Klopp didnt have the players to fully impliment his style. Now Sarri has walked into a dressing room who ousted Conte and even posted on social media clips with Conte blcoked out with trophy emojis for fuck sake. How that was ever allowed in the first place is beyond beggers belief. The club is rotten to the core from the Board to the pitch. It needs a huge revamp from the backroom staff to players who are stealing from Romans pocket. The fans beg for attacking football and get a manager who was producing epic results in Napoli and can't even give him a few seasons regarding the mess our club has been in for quite some time. He hasn't even had a full summers transfer window with funds. How the fuck do people think Klopp and Pep have such immense squads? They have either spent big or addressed their problwms directly with top talent. Give Sarri a chance.

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Really disappointed to see Hazard and Pedro and Luiz get MOTM votes, especially the first two

they were both HORRID (arguably the worst game of the year for both)

what game where these people watching?

I voted Luiz, because apart from the first 10 mins when he played really wild, he actually kept Auba under control and looked more assured as the game went on. He set up our best chance of the game too with a brilliant pass for Pedro and nearly every long pass he made, carved a potential opportunity. I don't think he was unsuccessful with any long pass yesterday. Also he was not really at fault for any of the goals directly.

3 minutes ago, Stats said:

I voted Luiz, because apart from the first 10 mins when he played really wild, he actually kept Auba under control and looked more assured as the game went on. He set up our best chance of the game too with a brilliant pass for Pedro and nearly every long pass he made, carved a potential opportunity. I don't think he was unsuccessful with any long pass yesterday. Also he was not really at fault for any of the goals directly.

Kepa saved a tonne of shots, it would have been far worse if not for some crazy saves, and Luiz was far from convincing all game. Not saying he was bad, but certainly not stellar. I have less issue with Luiz as MOTM, (can see your points), than Hazard and Pedro. They were shambolic.

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

Sarri has walked into a dressing room full of players who think they are better than what they are. It was a miracle they won the title under Conte. It was actually Contes 3 at the back system, Hazard, Cesc and Diegos connection that won us that title. The rest were lucky to be apart of that system. They over achieved big time and were lucky it was Peps first season an Klopp didnt have the players to fully impliment his style. Now Sarri has walked into a dressing room who ousted Conte and even posted on social media clips with Conte blcoked out with trophy emojis for fuck sake. How that was ever allowed in the first place is beyond beggers belief. The club is rotten to the core from the Board to the pitch. It needs a huge revamp from the backroom staff to players who are stealing from Romans pocket. The fans beg for attacking football and get a manager who was producing epic results in Napoli and can't even give him a few seasons regarding the mess our club has been in for quite some time. He hasn't even had a full summers transfer window with funds. How the fuck do people think Klopp and Pep have such immense squads? They have either spent big or addressed their problwms directly with top talent. Give Sarri a chance.

Lets see where we end up and what happens in summer..if anything knowing the board. Its just little moments lately that have been worrying. 

But unless he changes things quickly he won't get a few seasons. Be lucky to get 2. Time is what he won't get if past sackings are to go bu and obviously that fault lies with the club. 

Just don't get the game plan yesterday. There didn't seem to be a point to the play. Pass pass.. Down their end.