Malcom

the wes

I think Malcom is better than William. He should never go to Barcelona though. He is not better than their other attacking players, his best position is in the RW and its pretty much the same position as Messi. He will always play out of position there.

Barca/Real Logic

They buy a player

he FAILS

they sell for much higher than they paid

Chelsea reality

We buy a player, they FAIL (or even better, just cannot break into starting lineup)

we sell at massive loss, even if the player goes on loan and plays to level we thought he would when we bought him

956b0611be01c03dcfcd4fb7b4954ada.png

So there has been a LOT of hype over Malcom over the last what 2 years? Similar with Bailey.

Whats our thoughts on Malcom now as a player??

13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

When we get a forward who decides to move and work you will see the difference with Jorginho, the same with a RW in place of Willian.

Runs in behind are the key to breaking down these teams who sit deep. We don't have full backs or wingers doing it, with that example it's easy to read what we do.

YES!!! Couldn't agree more!

I see that is where Pulisic is going to be good as he does like getting behind defenders.

Jorgi would have loved Schurrle cause he liked doing it too.

Wish we had a few that just tried to move into some sort of position for Jorgi to pass to. Stop all you moaning gits harping on about sideways and back passes!

On 1/13/2019 at 7:10 PM, the wes said:

Malcom isnt in the Barcelona squad in tonight game 

Probably on his way to Spuds!

It would be crazy to see him there with us still having Willian.

Football transfer rumours: Tottenham to bring in Malcom from Barcelona?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/15/football-transfer-rumours-tottenham-malcom-barcelona

• 1 month later...

Anyone know whats going on with Malcom?

He went for weeks as a none starter. 5 games playing less than 10 minutes.

Yet he starts against RM the only time Ive watched Barca/RM in ages and has an amazing game. Scores and gets MOTM.

Hes been on the bench ever since.

I know they aren't short of class but it does seem a waste of his talents.

When they were both in France, he and Fekir were often linked to us. My view was that I'd much prefer Malcolm of the two. I also believe that he, not Willian, was Barca's principle target for that position in summer 2018. People have pointed out that they're loaded with talent but, even so, I'd be surprised if they were prepared to give up on Malcolm so quickly. 

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

When they were both in France, he and Fekir were often linked to us. My view was that I'd much prefer Malcolm of the two. I also believe that he, not Willian, was Barca's principle target for that position. People have pointed out that they're loaded with talent, bue even so I'd be surprised if the were prepared to give up on Malcolm this summer.

If this season and Ousmane Dembele last season has shown me anything, is that these guys need time to adapt and grow into that Barca team. Dembele is the superior talent clearly but his first season was hugely inconsistent before he got injured. Malcom hasnt played a lot but when he has its been wee flashes of his ability. Hes nowhere near ready to start at a club like Barca but can grow into the team there. Roma would of been the more ideal move for him I feel.

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If this season and Ousmane Dembele last season has shown me anything, is that these guys need time to adapt and grow into that Barca team. Dembele is the superior talent clearly but his first season was hugely inconsistent before he got injured. Malcom hasnt played a lot but when he has its been wee flashes of his ability. Hes nowhere near ready to start at a club like Barca but can grow into the team there. Roma would of been the more ideal move for him I feel.

Don't ask me for evidence, I don't have any, but my reading of the runes is that Roma were used by Barca and Malcolm's representatives as a stalking horse for their move.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:47 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Hes nowhere near ready to start at a club like Barca

I dont understand why not.

He was a animal against RM.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

When they were both in France, he and Fekir were often linked to us. My view was that I'd much prefer Malcolm of the two.

Why not both? Their not the same positions and Fekir would be just what we need here.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You