test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja1

Farland Mendy

Started by ja1,

We haven’t been linked with him but should we ever get in the market for a new Lb (and we really should) this guy would probably be top of the list for a realistic option. 

Many rate him as the next best elite left back, he appears to have all the strengths you’d want from a modern LB - pace, strength, dribbling ability, crossing, and playmaking ability. 

If we were to go for a LB I’m sure many would agree the gold standard would be to get an Alex Telles or Sandro and keep Alonso/Emerson as back up. However failing that I wonder if this guy would be a ‘next best’ type of signing, who could also well be cheaper.

OneMoSalah likes this

24 minutes ago, ja1 said:

We haven’t been linked with him but should we ever get in the market for a new Lb (and we really should) this guy would probably be top of the list for a realistic option. 

Many rate him as the next best elite left back, he appears to have all the strengths you’d want from a modern LB - pace, strength, dribbling ability, crossing, and playmaking ability. 

If we were to go for a LB I’m sure many would agree the gold standard would be to get an Alex Telles or Sandro and keep Alonso/Emerson as back up. However failing that I wonder if this guy would be a ‘next best’ type of signing, who could also well be cheaper.

I'm big fan of this guy great player

ja1 likes this

5 hours ago, ja1 said:

I rate him, but...........

in terms of who we should target (Alex Sandro is done permanently as an option, he just renewed with Juve and is on verge of being too old, especially after summer 2019)

for once Transfermarkt has (amazingly) for most of the top ones in straight row

(although not right order (for me)

My order would be

1.3469772fb755ac38cdcf58a665daf487.png

(but probably going to Bayern Munich, although (and yes the fee will be a lot, but he is top 3 LB in the world LB, AND top 8 in world CB)  His release clause is NOT insane  £72m

2.aa9d62b613d68fa18a33ca7b0286f8b8.png

by far my favourite (assuming Hernandez is Munich bound)

3.7e887d9e0a9bb9ea84a3b63d8109bfa3.png

big advantage, he is HG

4.5ab9d343dc319667ac44acc1b82ec8cc.png

5.5705ecd1715e39c9468f961959f6ecce.png

6.1d18798cd380633d0510676772e8ce43.png

7.069b5be6c9cc22187e72126bd9057ca0.png

8.e429f0412b5d1f0c2c745f5aaf1345f6.png

9.7579ff2713fc11cf56678f9d371c9c71.png

10. 8ba8cd0f53d74c6764006ce879721b7d.png

Unionjack and ja1 like this

How many non home grown slots do we have open in the team right now?  That seems to be a big factor in possibly tipping things in the direction of Chilwell.  

Vesper and Unionjack like this

I watched a compilation of him the other day. he has a terrible first touch, cant really dribble and relies on his physical aspects. I would go for Chillwell instead. I have a feeling he would be another Zouma

Vesper likes this

Would be a great signing. Pep is apparently keen sees him as Benjamin Mendys replacement.

7 hours ago, kc_blue said:

How many non home grown slots do we have open in the team right now?  That seems to be a big factor in possibly tipping things in the direction of Chilwell.  

Going to be a very big problem IMHO.

Look at who we will be losing

Cescy - Cahill -    HOPEFULLY Waterboy - MAYBE CHO - MAYBE Moses - MAYBE AC

Leaves us Ross - RLC - Green  - Blackman Still injured  - Colkett Returned to us

We will HAVE TO bring in our loanees to bolster the numbers and puposly go out looking for HG players.

Its all wrong I tell you - ALL WRONG!!

We should be allowed in this day and age to use whatever bloomin nationality or color we want. I couldn't give 2 flying farts about bringing up players to feed the England team. We support Chelsea.

kc_blue and Vesper like this

7 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Very poor forward planning by the board to get into this situation.

Vesper and Unionjack like this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Leaves us Ross - RLC - Green  - Blackman Still injured  - Colkett Returned to us

We will HAVE TO bring in our loanees to bolster the numbers and puposly go out looking for HG players.

Its all wrong I tell you - ALL WRONG!!

We should be allowed in this day and age to use whatever bloomin nationality or color we want. I couldn't give 2 flying farts about bringing up players to feed the England team. We support Chelsea.

A good start is to buy Angus Gunn for backup GK

Free Willy!!!!!!!!

Image result for Free willy

48 minutes ago, Vesper said:

A good start is to buy Angus Gunn for backup GK

Free Willy!!!!!!!!

Image result for Free willy

We will more than likely dig up more Rob Greens!