Christian Pulisic

the wes

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Chelsea target Christian Pulisic FEARS Blues move - he thinks Liverpool would be better

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/747209/Chelsea-news-Christian-Pulisic-Liverpool-transfer-latest-update

he can fuck off then if he really thinks that.

Article on Pulisic and Sancho

https://statsbomb.com/2018/12/christian-pulisic-is-very-good-its-just-that-jadon-sancho-is-amazing/

If Sancho is playing above Pulisic, we should be either going after him, or giving way more time to CHO (or both).

IMO we should go for Fekir who is left footed, has physicality to play in PL, can score goals, has prime years ahead, but isnt completely green like Pulisic. Also most importantly, he can keep possesion and play in tight space which is perfect for Sarri football. Unless there is some real injury concern in the background, I dunno why arent we going after him (lyon president said we were in talks but we stopped pursuit).

We might aswell take risk with false 9 because there isnt single quality striker available (Icardi too expensive, Suarez and Lewa wont move,...). Depay, Richarlison,...maybe it could work under Sarri. 

And the best bit is versatility since Fekir and even Hazard can play uptop or either flank, so there would be alot of movement and fluidity. 

45 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

IMO we should go for Fekir who is left footed, has physicality to play in PL, can score goals, has prime years ahead, but isnt completely green like Pulisic. Also most importantly, he can keep possesion and play in tight space which is perfect for Sarri football. Unless there is some real injury concern in the background, I dunno why arent we going after him (lyon president said we were in talks but we stopped pursuit).

We might aswell take risk with false 9 because there isnt single quality striker available (Icardi too expensive, Suarez and Lewa wont move,...). Depay, Richarlison,...maybe it could work under Sarri. 

And the best bit is versatility since Fekir and even Hazard can play uptop or either flank, so there would be alot of movement and fluidity. 

No to Fekir, he has had massive knee problems, its why the scouser scum pulled out at last minute. Speaking of which, there i just now bullshit articles fromLyoncmp saying the knee wasnt the real isue. I do not buy that at all.

If he was on a free (like Ramsey would be), then sure, but no way is he worth a risk for £65m or so.

Plus he is not a true winger, he is more of an AMF

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

No to Fekir, he has had massive knee problems, its why the scouser scum pulled out at last minute. Speaking of which, there i just now bullshit articles fromLyoncmp saying the knee wasnt the real isue. I do not buy that at all.

If he was on a free (like Ramsey would be), then sure, but no way is he worth a risk for £65m or so.

Plus he is not a true winger, he is more of an AMF

We dont need true winger aka someone who can cross or drift in middle. We need someone who is good on the ball in tight spaces, can pass and score. At least not in Sarri system and if we tried false 9, as I suggested. 

Our play will become more and more dominant under Sarri, as opposed to counter attacking football and therefore superfast direct wingers arent as important as techicaly superior all round ones like Fekir, Hazard, Insigne,...

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

We dont need true winger aka someone who can cross or drift in middle. We need someone who is good on the ball in tight spaces, can pass and score. At least not in Sarri system and if we tried false 9, as I suggested. 

Our play will become more and more dominant under Sarri, as opposed to counter attacking football and therefore superfast direct wingers arent as important as techicaly superior all round ones like Fekir, Hazard, Insigne,...

That doesn't address Fekir's knees. He is damaged goods. We would be fools to pay £65m plus for him.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

That doesn't address Fekir's knees. He is damaged goods. We would be fools to pay £65m plus for him.

Yes its possible indeed. But its also possible he still goes to Liverpool or some team and improves them greatly.

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes its possible indeed. But its also possible he still goes to Liverpool or some team and improves them greatly.

I doubt they go back for him, but even if they might, are we now to play defensive transfers games, dropping £60 to £70m (and a huge gamble as well due to the knee thing) just to keep teams from grabbing players?

Would much rather drop that type of money for Kai Havertz, who is tracking to 18 to 20 goals and 15 to 17 assists in a much harder league and is 6 years younger. Bayern Munich want him and CF Luka Jovic pretty badly, so that will be tough.

We now have blown a chance at getting my value pick (UJ's too) Talisca, who just now made his move perm to China (he is only 24) after being on loan for 6 months. He only cost Guangzhou Evergrande £17m, which is crazy low. In the calendar year 2018 he has scored (between 2 leagues, plus Champions League) 36 goals and has 16 assists in equivalent of 57 games, with 20 of those goals and 8 of those assists coming in just 38 European Super Lig and Champions League games. He would have been a beast in Sarriball, 1.91m tall, insane pace, deadly shot and is left-footed and can play RW as well. GRRRR Wolves still want him badly, so no clue what will happen, as China clubs are strange to deal with.

I must admit to feeling a bit iffy about him when we were 1st linked to him but been thinking about it, reading peeps comments and checking up on him and think he might actually do good with us.

OK I know hes going to be dear but this day and age what player of any worth isn't going to be. And I think as he is quite dynamic he would do well under Sarri.

I would prefer a more prolific goal scorer/assister tho to be honest as we are crying out for lads that can find the goal and might prefer his team mate Sancho but I can't see that happening any time soon.

3 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Can't see him leaving a team that's probably going to win their domestic league (and that are dark horses in the UCL) for a top four struggle in the PL. 

3 reasons why he might

playing time

money

London  (and yank exposure)

I want Nicolas Pepe anyway

Chelsea transfer news: Christian Pulisic set to join Blues in £60m deal from Borussia Dortmund… and Callum Hudson-Odoi could exit

Maurizio Sarri has won the battle to sign the 20-year-old, who made it clear he wanted to sign for the Blues

https://talksport.com/football/461388/chelsea-transfer-news-christian-pulisic-60m-deal-borussia-dortmund/