test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

374 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not going to shit on the deal or moan but I'm not over the moon either. So long as he isn't Hazard's replacement then I don't really see a downside to this transfer. At only 20 years old and with him being American, even if he is good but not great we'd make our money back. The whole loaning him back for the rest of the season is puzzling since as others have mentioned, he isn't a regular currently and we could use him now.

I think it's pretty clear that this was something in the works for a long while behind the scenes and that after spending such a big amount we won't be buying anyone else this month. Only outgoings like Cesc and maybe Moses & Cahill. Especially with Sarri saying (alarmingly) that we don't need a striker.

I'm fairly certain Sarri doesn't mean that, ofcourse he's not going to say we need one, imagine if we fail to sign one and Sarri has to go back and ask two players he has basically told the world are shit to deliver for him?

Pizy likes this

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Tie down Hazard, play Pulisic RW and buy a top class forward and we are good to go.

Sorry if this maybe to positive for some.

I can totally live with that, but Eden seems hellbent on leaving atm. The striker needs to be Icardi or Dybala

Preferably Icardi, although many would take Dybala instead.

Unionjack likes this

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I just meant that if you and I had a quid for every 'is monitoring' article that never came true, we both could buy matching

Koenigsegg CCXR Trevitas (almost 5m usd a pop new, now 10m plus)

Image result for Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita

Oh that's quite true but am sure the club won't be replacing Hazard(if he leaves with Pulisic)...and atleast we gonna spend big on his replacement but the quality of the player might be the issue...

Unionjack likes this

56 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If Hazard fucks off we need to do everything we can to get Dembele from Barcelona and pair him with Pulisic.

Less than zero chance Barca will sell Dembele, unless some splashes £150m plus (not joking, they paid around £140m when add-ons are counted in) for him, and Messi said he is the future of the club.

Stats likes this

I dont understand how peeps think of him as a LW replacement. He has been a predominant RW.

I know hes not going to give tons of As and Gs as i just mentioned to a mate but hes very good on the ball and fast as hell.

Hes very young so will only get better.

And with both Barca and Klopp really wanting him theres got to be something about him.

OK I might have gone a different way myself but hes a good player and the only downside I see so far is the loan back which is a sod.

He will be great on the break hyst as long as we get a striker and a ACM who CAN give us goals to go with him and Eden. (Who we still dont know WTF hes doing.) But Martinez came down again and says he doesn'y need to leave us.

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

The negativity around on social media about this is crazy.

Think it's mostly because everyone's worried his signing means Hazard is off. I'm going to guess 90% of the opposition fans making fun of this and calling him shit would have been creaming themselves if their club had signed him.

For instance, I'm seeing loads of fans from United, Arse, and Liverpool saying he's bad but they've all wanted him badly in the past.

Unionjack likes this

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think it's mostly because everyone's worried his signing means Hazard is off. I'm going to guess 90% of the opposition fans making fun of this and calling him shit would have been creaming themselves if their club had signed him.

For instance, I'm seeing loads of fans from United, Arse, and Liverpool saying he's bad but they've all wanted him badly in the past.

Been all about Klopp wanting him for ages.

In his farewell to BvB fans he mentions his excitement on working with Sarri. 

I do think having Sarri here has much pulling power. His possession based attacking football makes playing for a big club like Chelsea, that win a trophy almost every year, even more attractive.

Tomo, Fernando, 11Drogba and 1 other like this

it's a good signing, but not a phenomenon: for that money maybe i would took other and I'm afraid he could be a fail.
He has a very good technique and great vision but is not strong physically and this in PL could be a great problem, moreover he score almost nothing.
In BVB he lost his place for a young 2000 boys who's a rookie.
definitly a upgrade on willian and pedro, but not player who can do take Hazard place!

laura90 likes this

Also, I really hope Sarri approved this, that it was his wish too, not just Marina's wet marketing dream. If he really likes Puly, he will make him good.

Unionjack likes this

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I dont understand how peeps think of him as a LW replacement. He has been a predominant RW.

I know hes not going to give tons of As and Gs as i just mentioned to a mate but hes very good on the ball and fast as hell.

Hes very young so will only get better.

And with both Barca and Klopp really wanting him theres got to be something about him.

OK I might have gone a different way myself but hes a good player and the only downside I see so far is the loan back which is a sod.

He will be great on the break hyst as long as we get a striker and a ACM who CAN give us goals to go with him and Eden. (Who we still dont know WTF hes doing.) But Martinez came down again and says he doesn'y need to leave us.

In a perfect world

we get a straight £125m for Eden from Real (I am dreaming I know)

let Kovacic go back

And buy

CF Icardi (release clause is still £98m next year unless he renews)

AMF Pablo Sarabia £50m

CMF  Nicolò Barella £45m

LW Thorgan Hazard £45m

DH DMF Sandro Tonali £20m

CB Alessio Romagnoli £55m or Éder Militão £45m

LB Chilwell or Junior Firpo £45m or Alex Telles £45m

total around £350-360m

plus this £60m spent on Puli

£410-20m total gross

sell

£125m for Eden

Cesc  £10m

Bakayoko ,£30m

Moses £17m

Zappacosta £18m

Morata £45m

Bats £35m

Alonso £45m

Drinkwater £20m (buying club gets discount due to wages)

Barkley £25m (Sarri just said, supposedly he is free to look around)

Baba Rahman £10m

Kenedy £20m

net generated

£400m

so almost break even

and I didnt even sell Willian! As we need the depth as Pedro is too injury prone

KEEP CHO FFS

VASTLY better squad, even after losing Eden

IF we did sell Willian

replace with Hirving Lozano (we would then have the best USA and the best Mexican player on the planet, HUGE revenue streams)

Going to bring a few to the US fanbase and sell some shirts! And I know we are doing Japan for pre season but wouldn't suprize me some sort of visit to the US in the summer too

11Drogba likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Seems like @Vesper to Pulisic is like what @Mana is to Morata. :P 

Yo. At least Morata was 24 going on 25 when we signed him.