Christian Pulisic

the wes

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

For some reason, Pedro has been really poor so far. He needs to snap out of it like Willian has done.

Pedro actually started the season really well (and Willian had a shocking start, although admittedly he was just back from his summer break) but then picked up the hamstring injury at Norwich (IIRC) and has gone off the boil since then. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

For some reason, Pedro has been really poor so far. He needs to snap out of it like Willian has done.

I think with Pedro you need player to feed him the ball (hazard or Cesc) or link up with him (Giroud). I don't think this team is ideal for him but it is either him or Puli or CHO on the right. I think he can work well with CHO

We need to be careful with Pulisic which we end up sell him and we end up with another Salah and KDB Situation again give the kid time B.sliva wasn't brilliant in his first season now look at him he's quality now 

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3960181/pulisic-hurt-by-lille-snub-but-wont-give-up

Pulisic on being left out at Lille and coming on at Southampton...

"Of course," Pulisic said, when asked if it was difficult to be left out of the matchday squad for last week's Lille game. "You want to play, be on the field and be in the team as much as you can and it hurt not to be there, but I'm happy I got my opportunity today.

"I did the best I could with the minutes I got. I tried to help the team as best I could. Today, I guess I'm happy but I'm going to keep working harder, and I'm never going to stop to try to get more minutes.

"I'm not just going to throw a fit and give up ever, so if I'm on the bench it doesn't mean the gaffer doesn't think I'm a part of the team, I've just got to keep pushing and earn my spot.

"That's my job [to get assists]. I'm in an attacking role and I'm going to do the best I can, to try to get goals and assists. I think that's been good so far, so I just want to continue to work hard."

On not starting games...

"It's tough to say. I want to be starting, I want to be starting every game. I'm working hard in training, I want to be there, I hope everyone can see that, so with moments like this I hope I can make a case for myself.

"He [Frank Lampard] likes players who work very hard and show a lot in training and I just have to continue to do that, do my best in training and try to earn my position."

On settling into the Premier League and the price tag...

"Culture-wise, it's been easier than Germany to be honest. From the football side, I guess you could say that. Obviously, I haven't been getting as many minutes as I would like. I will just keep going, keep pushing. I know my time's going to come.

"This number [the £58 million transfer fee] doesn't mean anything to me. Obviously, I go out and try to give my best every time I'm on the pitch. I'm not sure what the price tag means to you, but I just have to keep trying to perform at my best for myself and for the team.

"You can't completely ignore it [criticism]. I don't live under a rock. I hear things, I see things, but I do my best to block it out. I'm just working hard for myself.

"The outside opinions don't matter as much to me as to what's in the team and myself and the people who care about me. So I'm just going to keep working and do my best and not worry about it."

On 10/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, Magic Lamps said:

This is why I think he will make it eventually. Not just a pace merchant but highly intelligent player. To see the run from Michy in his back, move the ball just that inch to get the angle for the pass and then time it perfectly shows a mature understanding of the game. 

Its all about how consistently he can do it.

He is definately young and will have to work hard to adjust the league, but he has talent.

The question is can he become consistent. Willy has amazing game sometimes but that happens rarely and thats why he just doesnt cut it.

13 hours ago, communicate said:

I think with Pedro you need player to feed him the ball (hazard or Cesc) or link up with him (Giroud). I don't think this team is ideal for him but it is either him or Puli or CHO on the right. I think he can work well with CHO

fair points

For me very simple, 

19 hours ago, the wes said:

We need to be careful with Pulisic which we end up sell him and we end up with another Salah and KDB Situation again give the kid time B.sliva wasn't brilliant in his first season now look at him he's quality now 

We won't sell him. We bought him for 60 m, we have two winger who are 30+ in our team why sell him. 

IMO pulisic can play well with Willian or CHO. Let Willian and CHO be the creator and Puli can focus on just running behind. 

14 hours ago, communicate said:

For me very simple, 

We won't sell him. We bought him for 60 m, we have two winger who are 30+ in our team why sell him. 

IMO pulisic can play well with Willian or CHO. Let Willian and CHO be the creator and Puli can focus on just running behind. 

Willian the creator...you are having a laugh mate :D

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

:D

lol Not any bigger of a laugh than thinking Pulisic is ready to play here:ph34r:

Enjoy the afro while you still can, I have faith Lampard will bin him come summer.

24 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Enjoy the afro while you still can, I have faith Lampard will bin him come summer.

Lol how long have people been waiting for that?

Willian is teflon. Wanted by Barcelona,Spuds, and all managers. Cross him at your own peril.:getin:

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Death.

Taxes.

Sir Mikel OBE complaining about Pulisic not being ready. 

To be fair though you and I both know how it is here.

Kalou was at a level not much different than where Pulisic is now and he was slaughtered. Of course the entire level of the squad was much higher back then, but the point remains.

Nobody wins if Pulisic is thrown out into the deep-end before hes ready.

28 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

To be fair though you and I both know how it is here.

Kalou was at a level not much different than where Pulisic is now and he was slaughtered. Of course the entire level of the squad was much higher back then, but the point remains.

Then is then. Now is now. Times have changed. Things have changed.

28 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

What do you think Lampard has been doing? 

To be fair though you and I both know how it is here. Kalou was at a level not much different than where Pulisic is now and he was slaughtered. Of course the entire level of the squad was much higher back then, but the point remains.

How is Kalou in the slightest bit similar to Pulisic after all is said and done, do tell?  

Kalou cost a relatively small sum from the Dutch league whilst Pulisic was playing at a whole different level in his teens. People are obviously going to expect completely different things from both players as a result.

Seems like you're stretching to vindicate your stance.

Fuck me did I really see a comparison saying Christian Pulisic who played in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe prior to joining Chelsea is at the same level of Salomon Kalou, prior to joining Chelsea, who played in the Erevidise as a striker? How do I unsee something? 

Kalou was a CF, who was very very raw technically when he first. He ended up as a wide player here but he wasnt even the same type of player either as what Pulisic is, who is much more of a creative player with a much more sounder technical skillset and better level than Kalou had when he came.