Christian Pulisic

the wes

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Do you see it being fixed HERE though?

Why not? Why does he have to be loaned out? You don't see suggestions on CHO, who is younger and has less experience than Pulisic, to be loaned out, do you? We obviously don't know what's going on behind the scene but assuming if things are a lot calmer and patient between the relevant parties than the mass hysteria outside, then I don't see what's the issue. Furthermore, it's not like we're 100% successful with all these loans anyway. A lot have sent the players backward rather than help them improve and move forward. 

5 minutes ago, communicate said:

High left mean another assist@Jason

Erm, is it a surprise? We were attacking, you would expect him to be in attacking positions. Would've been disappointed if he was hiding behind the ball. Moreover, it's not like he didn't drop deep and help the defence when needed. 

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Great assist today, I do feel initially he'll be a good impact player from the bench, especially in situations like today when we're winning against a tired defence because his pace,  trickery and direct running can stretch teams and cause problems. 

He'll adapt and come good, I'm sure of it but it just takes some time.

At the risk of starting the whole debate again, that's the thing I don't understand. Like okay, he shouldn't be starting games right now but you would think Lampard and co. would try to ease him in by bringing him on for 20-30 minutes here and there but that hasn't happened much. That's the more perplexing thing than him not starting at the moment, IMO. 

15 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Great assist today, I do feel initially he'll be a good impact player from the bench, especially in situations like today when we're winning against a tired defence because his pace,  trickery and direct running can stretch teams and cause problems. 

He'll adapt and come good, I'm sure of it but it just takes some time.

Even if hypothetically that becomes his ceiling that would still be very good for us, after all it's squads that win titles.

He's a bit of a blank canvas right now, can see him becoming a pacey suber sub type player but equally could see him evolving to the level Mane and Sterling are currently at, usually I have an idea on what a young players ceiling is but with Pulisic I really can't call it.

Erm, is it a surprise? We were attacking, you would expect him to be in attacking positions. Would've been disappointed if he was hiding behind the ball. Moreover, it's not like he didn't drop deep and help the defence when needed. 
He was playing high close to Tammy/michy basically waiting for their flick on. Just watch how high and how close to striker Puli play compare to Willian.

I said it before, you want puli to play more drop Mount or now drop Cho. He will produce.

15 minutes ago, communicate said:

He was playing high close to Tammy/michy basically waiting for their flick on. Just watch how high and how close to striker Puli play compare to Willian.

I said it before, you want puli to play more drop Mount or now drop Cho. He will produce.

You would still expect Willian to be in attacking positions. It's just that he would do it differently than Pulisic because they are not the exactly the same type of players.

And by the way, Willian isn't going to play every game this season and time will tell whether he can keep his current form throughout the season. So, Lampard has to make sure things don't crumble when he doesn't play...

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

One thing is to come up on tired defence when leading, something else is to play from the start.

But at least he is getting some impact from the bench, thats cool.

TBF, the Southampton defence looked horrible throughout the game, tired or not. 

You would still expect Willian to be in attacking positions. It's just that he would do it differently than Pulisic because they are not the exactly the same type of players.
And by the way, Willian isn't going to play every game this season and time will tell whether he can keep his current form throughout the season. So, Lampard has to make sure things don't crumble when he doesn't play...
Pedro will probably will play on the right if Willian is not available and we will play 433.

3 hours ago, communicate said:
18 hours ago, Jason said:

Pedro will probably will play on the right if Willian is not available and we will play 433.

For some reason, Pedro has been really poor so far. He needs to snap out of it like Willian has done.