Christian Pulisic

the wes

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Or maybe, you're just obsessed with Willian. :lol: 

No big clubs in their right mind would make Willian as their first choice starter but based on how you've been putting it, we will not survive without Willian in the XI. God help us all. 

At the same time, in the past three games, Willian has been our best attacking player in my humble opinion (and this is coming from someone who absolutely does not rate Willian!). 

18 hours ago, Abreu03 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Willian is better at doing nothing. 

The fact that this moist, semi-incoherent, post had not 1 or 2, but 4 people liking it just shows the Willian opinion on here is not logical at all. Its emotional based on some perceived slight against a manager who won a trophy for us. Yet the same emotional response will never be made against the keeper who outright refused managers orders in front of the world and probably cost us a trophy that night.

This is becoming embarrassing. 

5 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The fact that this moist, semi-incoherent, post had not 1 or 2, but 4 people liking it just shows the Willian opinion on here is not logical at all. Its emotional based on some perceived slight against a manager who won a trophy for us. Yet the same emotional response will never be made against the keeper who outright refused managers orders in front of the world and probably cost us a trophy that night.

This is becoming embarrassing. 

I find Willian and Obi Mikel most frustrating players I have ever seen in a Chelsea shirt. 

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

A manager that spent half a season taking the piss out of the entire fanbase no less.

Conte was absolutely HATED by 90% of the forum. People are trying to use an attack on him to cover up their irrational hatred of a player who has been a humble servant to this club.

6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

How many top clubs would make Pulisic their first choice starter?

We have to be honest here.

Right now? Maybe not. But Willian has been the finished article for years and he remains infuriatingly inconsistent. How many more excuses are people gonna come up with?

20 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Conte was absolutely HATED by 90% of the forum. People are trying to use an attack on him to cover up their irrational hatred of a player who has been a humble servant to this club.

You criticized the keeper for defying the manager but seemingly turned a blind eye on the player who disrespected the manager who won 2 trophies with us on social media OR who decided to go for personal glory with the late penalty last week? Sounds fair...

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Right now? Maybe not. But Willian has been the finished article for years and he remains infuriatingly inconsistent. How many more excuses are people gonna come up with?

What excuses? Seems you can't even be as much as neutral regarding Willian these days without being branded an apologist. I was never that huge a fan of Willian even when he was all the range but the scapegoating at this point is getting ridiculous, in pre season I read someone criticize him for having the cheek to take his entitled holiday.

7 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

At the same time, in the past three games, Willian has been our best attacking player in my humble opinion (and this is coming from someone who absolutely does not rate Willian!). 

Define "best" here. For all of Willian's ability to dribble with the ball from deep, get it into dangerous areas, but his final ball has continued to be horrendous overall year in year out. This is becoming like the time when people are praising Torres for working hard despite contributing next to no goals!

It's still early in the season but 10 of the 14 goals we've scored have come from a 20-year-old and 21-year-old. The other 4? 1 from a sub player, 1 from the penalty spot and 2 were 'bolt from the blue' strikes. Is that really sustainable? 

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What excuses? Seems you can't even be as much as neutral regarding Willian these days without being branded an apologist. I was never that huge a fan of Willian even when he was all the range but the scapegoating at this point is getting ridiculous, in pre season I read someone criticize him for having the cheek to take his entitled holiday.

I'm not so ridiculous to criticize a player for taking their entitled break etc but every time when it's pointed out that Willian consistently fails to contribute in the final third, others will say 'oh, but he does X, Y, Z to help the team' despite playing in a position that requires G and A contribution on a consistent basis. Hell, he can't even make proper decisions! Isn't that like entering the Torres territory? But if people are okay with having an inconsistent player remain in the XI, then by all means...

17 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm not so ridiculous to criticize a player for taking their entitled break etc but every time when it's pointed out that Willian consistently fails to contribute in the final third, others will say 'oh, but he does X, Y, Z to help the team' despite playing in a position that requires G and A contribution on a consistent basis. Hell, he can't even make proper decisions! Isn't that like entering the Torres territory? But if people are okay with having an inconsistent player remain in the XI, then by all means...

Legit critism fine, it's comments like "HAHAHAHAHA Willians better at doing nothing" I take issue with and the fact that post has enough likes for the heart feature to appear on the top makes it even worse.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

You criticized the keeper for defying the manager but seemingly turned a blind eye on the player who disrespected the manager who won 2 trophies with us on social media OR who decided to go for personal glory with the late penalty last week? Sounds fair...

Willian had been here long enough for a connection to have been formed on my part. When Kepa pulled that shit on Sarri he was still a new boy, theoretically.

If he had his way we probably would have scored that penalty too, but thats neither here nor there. Jorginho was confused as well, and that comes down to the manager not being clear on roles with the players beforehand.

6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Willian had been here long enough for a connection to have been formed on my part. When Kepa pulled that shit on Sarri he was still a new boy, theoretically.

If he had his way we probably would have scored that penalty too, but thats neither here nor there. Jorginho was confused as well, and that comes down to the manager not being clear on roles with the players beforehand.

So in other words, if a player has been at a club long enough, he can do whatever he wants including disrespecting the manager? Ookay...

2 hours ago, Jason said:

So in other words, if a player has been at a club long enough, he can do whatever he wants including disrespecting the manager? Ookay...

No, but he gets more of a pass than the guy nobody even knows by rational actors.

Kepa going for personal glory last season almost certainly cost us a trophy, and he gets nowhere near the same vitriol Willian gets. He's damn near the definition of club cancer but if you look on here you think it was Willian that was the biggest issue in the dressing room.

16 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

No, but he gets more of a pass than the guy nobody even knows by rational actors.

Kepa going for personal glory last season almost certainly cost us a trophy, and he gets nowhere near the same vitriol Willian gets. He's damn near the definition of club cancer but if you look on here you think it was Willian that was the biggest issue in the dressing room.

That’s just nonsense double standard. Why does reputation matter? Disrespect is disrespect. If you’re gonna criticize someone for being disrespectful, then it should be applied across the board, not picking and choosing to condemn. What Kepa did may not have been right but at least he owned up to it. What did Willian do? Blamed it on his defenseless children!

13 hours ago, Jason said:

That’s just nonsense double standard. Why does reputation matter? Disrespect is disrespect. If you’re gonna criticize someone for being disrespectful, then it should be applied across the board, not picking and choosing to condemn. What Kepa did may not have been right but at least he owned up to it. What did Willian do? Blamed it on his defenseless children!

Of course reputation matters. Why do you think Lampard is manager of this club right now?

It(being condemnation) is not applied across the board though. One look at Kepa's topic and then Willians shows that. Conte was hated by damn near everybody on here, and was two managers ago, and that is still the sum of his character by some on here. That is an unfair standard.

14 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Of course reputation matters. Why do you think Lampard is manager of this club right now?

It(being condemnation) is not applied across the board though. One look at Kepa's topic and then Willians shows that. Conte was hated by damn near everybody on here, and was two managers ago, and that is still the sum of his character by some on here. That is an unfair standard.

Was Conte really hated? I thought the excuses created for him at one point (second half of second season) in some quarters was only topped by the one's for Torres.