Christian Pulisic

the wes

Waiting to see what is CHO's reported wages when the contract is eventually signed. The amount that has been reported gets ridiculous with every news. 
Hard to believe that we would pay 3 players over 200k per week, especially when two of them are not even fully established players yet. 
Modern football. We aren't exactly at the top anymore, so the club are trying to bridge the gap.

I just hope this doesn't affect the club long term.

On 27/08/2019 at 11:30 PM, Jason said:

Waiting to see what is CHO's reported wages when the contract is eventually signed. The amount that has been reported gets ridiculous with every news. 

Hard to believe that we would pay 3 players over 200k per week, especially when two of them are not even fully established players yet. 

On 27/08/2019 at 11:46 PM, LAM09 said:

Modern football. We aren't exactly at the top anymore, so the club are trying to bridge the gap.

I just hope this doesn't affect the club long term.

Short of seeing a payslip, I simply will not believe that we are offering Callum even the previously reported £9m a year, nevermind £10m. I would have believed, and supported, paying Eden £20m a year but the young lads have to earn the mega deals.

The only way the figures being thrown around would make any sense, is if clubs know that there is another explosion in television money coming. If that was the case then, I could see them making their budget plans accordingly. Given that the current Premier League deal represented a real terms decrease from the previous one however, I just can't see it.

47 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I have a feeling very soon we'll compere his stats to Willian. Is he another inconsistent 5 goals max per season player? Good thing he is young and can improve a lot. 

Willian was young once.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I have a feeling very soon we'll compere his stats to Willian. Is he another inconsistent 5 goals max per season player? Good thing he is young and can improve a lot. 

Not everyone is gonna be like Willian...

4 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Maybe I've been spoilt by having Hazard here at the club for long. I've seen CHO and he's far better than pulisic. Let's hope hes still learning the league but we'll see

I don't think you can compare Pulisic and CHO because they are different kind of wingers. The former is the direct kind while the latter is the more tricky, skillful type. It's never bad to have options. 

I mentioned in here previously, Pulisic's start has been solid rather than anything spectacular. He's struggling to cope with the physicality and intensity of the league but with time, he should get used to it. Otherwise, I don't think you can fault him for his commitment or desire so far. He's clearly trying. Furthermore, he's come into a team who are undergoing a serious transition and trying to find their new selves. Would think that's a tad difficult for a 20-year-old coming into a whole different environment. Different if he had come into a fully established/settled side. We have seen glimpses of what he can do in the attacking third, particularly against Liverpool and Norwich. It would help him better if we can actually put sustained attacking pressure on the opposition. He would at least get to show his qualities a lot more. Right now, we are only putting pressure in parts, not for long periods, and have to worry more about defending than attacking. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

you can take Lozano and Pulisc, ad their entire careers together when they retire and they wont come close to Zlatan

he will end up with around 600 goals

31 top flight trophies (not counting Sweden or MLS)

13 (and counting seasons over 20 goals, and a 50 goal seasons)

a run of 11 out of 13 years as a league champion (would have had 13 in a row but Juve were stripped of 2)

12 times first team all league

8 times league player of the year

EL, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA World Club Cup Champion 

the only thing he didnt win was the CL (he had horrid luck, he left Inter Milan and went to Barca right after they (Barca) won it,, then got knocked out by Inter Milan (Mourinho's CL winners, that is when Zlatan called Pep a spineless coward with no balls, and told him to got to hell, lolol), then went to AC Milan (I wonder why!) and they got knocked out by Peps CL winners, lol

9 times Ballon d'Or finalist

Golden Foot winner (which you can only win once)

Puskas winner

FIFA All-world starting XI

all UEFA 1st team 4 times

All CL squad twice

6 times league leading scorer

all-time leading Sweden National team Scorer, in modern football, the only major Europeans with more are CR7 (2nd all time global) and Miroslav Klose (9th all time global and  all time most WC goals)

Voted multiple times 2nd greatest Swedish athlete ever (only behind Bjorn Borg)

etc etc etc etc

oh

and this

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you can take Lozano and Pulisc, ad their entire careers together when they retire and they wont come close to Zlatan

he will end up with around 600 goals

31 top flight trophies (not counting Sweden or MLS)

13 (and counting seasons over 20 goals, and a 50 goal seasons)

a run of 11 out of 13 years as a league champion (would have had 13 in a row but Juve were stripped of 2)

12 times first team all league

8 times league player of the year

EL, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA World Club Cup Champion 

the only thing he didnt win was the CL (he had horrid luck, he left Inter Milan and went to Barca right after they (Barca) won it,, then got knocked out by Inter Milan (Mourinho's CL winners, that is when Zlatan called Pep a spineless coward with no balls, and told him to got to hell, lolol), then went to AC Milan (I wonder why!) and they got knocked out by Peps CL winners, lol

9 times Ballon d'Or finalist

Golden Foot winner (which you can only win once)

Puskas winner

FIFA All-world starting XI

all UEFA 1st team 4 times

All CL squad twice

6 times league leading scorer

all-time leading Sweden National team Scorer, in modern football, the only major Europeans with more are CR7 (2nd all time global) and Miroslav Klose (9th all time global and  all time most WC goals)

Voted multiple times 2nd greatest Swedish athlete ever (only behind Bjorn Borg)

etc etc etc etc

giphy.gif

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/christian-pulisic-gushes-about-life-at-chelsea-under-frank-lampard-221256234.html?guccounter=1

SHORT HILLS, N.J. — Christian Pulisic is just four Premier League games into his career with Chelsea, but the 20-year-old U.S. national team headliner is loving life in England so far.

“It’s everything I hoped it would be and more,” Pulisic told reporters Wednesday in suburban New York City, where he and his American teammates are preparing for Friday’s friendly match against rival Mexico at the Meadowlands. “The speed, it’s very intense. The games are very intense. Every single game I’ve played so far has had a new challenge.”

Pulisic was signed from German Bundesliga power Borussia Dortmund in January for a whopping $73 million transfer fee, almost quadrupling the previous record for a U.S. player. He was loaned back to Dortmund for the final six months of last season before arriving at Stamford Bridge this summer. He’s now working under former Blues legend Frank Lampard, who took over in July after Maurizio Sarri left for Juventus.

“They’ve helped me so much over there getting accustomed to everything, and it’s been great learning under Frank,” Pulisic said of the club. “I’m still learning a lot and have a long way to go, but it’s been great so far.”

And Pulisic is enjoying playing for the former England national team midfielder, who led Chelsea to a Champions League title in 2012 before spending three seasons in MLS. Given his own history with the London club, Pulisic admitted that the younger and more approachable Lampard is probably a better fit for him than Sarri would’ve been. 

”Yeah, it worked out really well for sure,” Pulisic said. “Frank’s a great guy and he’s helped me so much. He understands where I’m coming from, and he’s done a really good job teaching us, especially a lot of the younger guys on the team and also mixing well with some of the more experienced guys. And it’s been a pleasure to work with him.”

Lampard has used Pulisic on both wings, where he faces competition from veterans like Willian as well as fellow blue-chip youngsters such as Mason Mount. He’s also taken on added responsibility compared to his four seasons in Germany. ”Learning to help more with the defensive side of things, Pulisic said, “has been a really good challenge for me as well.”

Fucking hell let's give the lad a chance, at least give him til next season to shine.

4 fucking games into a season and some of you are saying he's not shown anything yet, probably true.

But as i've said many times before this whole Chelsea setup is going to take time.

btw i am talking about Pulsic:D

KTBFFH

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Fucking hell let's give the lad a chance, at least give him til next season to shine.

4 fucking games into a season and some of you are saying he's not shown anything yet, probably true.

But as i've said many times before this whole Chelsea setup is going to take time.

btw i am talking about Pulsic:D

KTBFFH

What do people expect at 20 the finished article?. I remember someone posted on here that on his debut (he came on for about 20 minutes in the cup against Forest ) that they weren't impressed with Ampadu. !. he was 17 at the time it's just fucking baffling Willy it really is.