Christian Pulisic

the wes

On 15.8.2019 at 2:54 AM, Robchels said:

Pull some pics of Eden when he joined...

hope pulisic doesn’t bulk up the same way Eden did... ;) 

Pulisic is clearly a short ectomorph so no chance of that happening till his 40ies

On 15/08/2019 at 5:49 PM, the wes said:

Chelsea’s new Arjen Robben’

Among those to have been left out of the XI at Old Trafford but thrived in the 2-2 draw at the Vodafone Arena was Christian Pulisic who, alongside N’Golo Kante, were the club’s standout performers.

His slick movement and twinkle-toed feet gave Joe Gomez plenty of food for thought, and Cascarino believes his style is reminiscent to that of former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben.

He added: “I don’t remember a young Eden Hazard being as quick and direct and there’s no reason Pulisic can’t develop into a player of Hazard’s standing.

“Pulisic reminds me of Arjen Robben, you cannot stop him one-on-one because you don’t know which way he’s going to go and his pace is devastating. He will be a massive asset for Frank Lampard this season.”

https://www.squawka.com/en/news/chelsea-youngsters-not-ready-first-team#bF0ugQlxD4IK1MV7.99

Must admit, despite Cascarino talking nonsense some of the time, this is a more valid comparison than saying Pulisic is like Hazard. I can see his acceleration and directness being a huge tool for us this next however many years. His final ball hasn't been as bad as I thought it would of been too so thats also a plus. He showed v Liverpool he can also affect the game in the final third setting up Giroud and scoring a great goal that got ruled out for offside. Wouldnt go as far as saying I was expecting a great first season but the early signs are indicate there are good things to come from this guy. 

11 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Hopefully he just needs time to settle in the PL, so far he looks out of his depth.

Still 1+assist. He is not great so far but having moments.

Would say Pulisic has been solid rather than spectacular so far (works hard at both end of the pitch, though could do with bulking up a little), which is probably what you want from a 20-year-old coming to a new team (a team that is undergoing transition no less), new league etc.

Plays like his age. Dangerous against Liverpool, a shadow against Leicester.

More like the Leicester game today but with an assist and he got in better positions. Just made the wrong decisions. It'll be interesting to compare him with CHO who is 2 years younger.

Mount has clearly played the most first team football, he's the most consistent.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Stats said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49438133

This article reporting that he is on £230,000 a week. The first time I have seen a link in regards to his wages. Wonder how true that is. If that is true that is a lot of money. Wow.

Increased presence in the US marked liked priced in.

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/49438133

This article reporting that he is on £2350,000 a week. The first time I have seen a link in regards to his wages. Wonder how true that is. If that is true that is a lot of money. Wow.

I really doubt we're suddenly hammering our wage structure through the roof.

I really doubt we're suddenly hammering our wage structure through the roof.
We're supposedly doing it with CHO (ignore the "potential" noise), so it would hardly be surprising.

Gone are the days where JT was the highest paid.

Just so yall know how hard they are marketing Pulisic in the US, the DISH icon for Premier League has been the English Lion for years. That has been replaced with Pulisic celebrating a goal. At least DISH is making him the face of the EPL.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Just so yall know how hard they are marketing Pulisic in the US, the DISH icon for Premier League has been the English Lion for years. That has been replaced with Pulisic celebrating a goal. At least DISH is making him the face of the EPL.

That's fine, my problem is seeing Willian's face on Sky sports YouTube channel as our face of the club or Barkley's in some other places. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

We're supposedly doing it with CHO (ignore the "potential" noise), so it would hardly be surprising.

Gone are the days where JT was the highest paid.

Waiting to see what is CHO's reported wages when the contract is eventually signed. The amount that has been reported gets ridiculous with every news. 

Hard to believe that we would pay 3 players over 200k per week, especially when two of them are not even fully established players yet.