test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,019 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't think pulisic is key here. Willian is the key. I said it multiple times, if you want Puli to play and play well right now, you need to drop Mount and just play Puli on the left high close to Tammy and he will play and produce. 

You know CHO is our starting LW? Mount is midfielder (who played winger only because of injuries). When Willian level drops (we know will happen) Puli will start as RW (his best position).

You know CHO is our starting LW? Mount is midfielder (who played winger only because of injuries). When Willian level drops (we know will happen) Puli will start as RW (his best position).

Cho has started one game. I don't count league game. I can see Puli played well with CHO who can feed people.

Just wondering, since when you look at football with, I don't know, such as a narrow minded view? 
I don't get what you mean by being narrow minded. It is about playing player in their best role depending on their skill set.

Forget our two winger. Lets look at our two fb. I don't think we need stat to say that our lb go forward more compare to our rb. But does that mean Azpi will stay back 100% of the time, of course not. What is the different between our fb situation and winger situation?

58 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't get what you mean by being narrow minded. It is about playing player in their best role depending on their skill set.

Forget our two winger. Lets look at our two fb. I don't think we need stat to say that our lb go forward more compare to our rb. But does that mean Azpi will stay back 100% of the time, of course not. What is the different between our fb situation and winger situation?

Apologies. Maybe the better way of saying this is, you seem to be pigeonholing players into specific roles for some reason - like if Player A plays, then Player B can't play OR if Player A does this, then Player B must do this. Like why this all of a sudden? Maybe my memory has failed me here but I don't seem to recall you doing this under previous managers, especially with some of them being a lot more rigid with their system/players than Lampard. I believe the players, especially the attacking players are good enough to play various roles in the XI and do well without needing A, B or C to happen first. 

On 10/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, LAM09 said:

How is Kalou in the slightest bit similar to Pulisic after all is said and done, do tell?  

Kalou cost a relatively small sum from the Dutch league whilst Pulisic was playing at a whole different level in his teens. People are obviously going to expect completely different things from both players as a result.

Seems like you're stretching to vindicate your stance.

He's similar in that he will be attacked, especially on here, if hes allowed to play when hes not ready.

One need only look at last night, him crying on the bench when he was pulled after a poor display(only slightly better than his Cuban performance) shows that. If the fans get on his back here he will revert to a below average player, ands that helps nobody here.

He's similar in that he will be attacked, especially on here, if hes allowed to play when hes not ready.

One need only look at last night, him crying on the bench when he was pulled after a poor display(only slightly better than his Cuban performance) shows that. If the fans get on his back here he will revert to a below average player, ands that helps nobody here.

Attacked? People have the right to criticize him and playing him now or in 2025 won't change much.

I have no idea what happened with the NT, but crying under such circumstances is rather peculiar; he's the only one that can change his fortunes around. I'm sure 99% of people here want to see him succeed in some capacity.

You'll need to drop this defensive approach at some point.

Sir Mikel OBE likes this

I would'nt call it crying. He was very frustrated and covering his face. I can also understand the frustration. He is doing everything he can and things are not moving fast enough for him. This could be the best thing to up his game, time will tell. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I have no idea what happened with the NT, but crying under such circumstances is rather peculiar; he's the only one that can change his fortunes around. I'm sure 99% of people here want to see him succeed in some capacity.

We'd all be stunned, and bitterly disappointed, if this is not true.

LAM09 likes this

We'd all be stunned, and bitterly disappointed, if this is not true.
Precisely. However, you've got people around here saying "the knives have been out" since he signed. I'm like, c'mon!

No one to my knowledge has voiced their desire to see Pulisic fail.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Who's the 1%? :ph34r:

And SOME capacity? :carlo: 

Who's the 1%? 

And SOME capacity? :carlo: 

You'll have to get your detective shoes on.

Success can be viewed in multiple ways, so that's why I said "some" rather than mention a specific expectation.

Jason likes this

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Attacked? People have the right to criticize him and playing him now or in 2025 won't change much.

You'll need to drop this defensive approach at some point.

Of course people have a right to attack him, but anybody who watches his mentality and him play know hes not ready to play here.

It was the summation of the expectation on him, and his inability to handle it. Plus it was the first time we had lost to Canada in multiple generations. Hard times are ahead here.

Of course people have a right to attack him, but anybody who watches his mentality and him play know hes not ready to play here.

It was the summation of the expectation on him, and his inability to handle it. Plus it was the first time we had lost to Canada in multiple generations. Hard times are ahead here.
I couldn't disagree more with the first bit. Please explain what's the difference between a German team fighting for the league & CL regulars to us, a team in transition?

This is probably the only opportunity a player like himself will be given a a decent amount time rather than being shoved aside like multiple youngsters/poor signings during Roman's rein. I can't echo this sentiment enough anymore.

It was 0-0 when he came off, so the his reaction/loss wasn't exactly down to him.

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I couldn't disagree more with the first bit. Please explain what's the difference between a German team fighting for the league & CL regulars to us, a team in transition?

This is probably the only opportunity a player like himself will be given a a decent amount time rather than being shoved aside like multiple youngsters/poor signings during Roman's rein. I can't echo this sentiment enough anymore.

It was 0-0 when he came off, so the his reaction/loss wasn't exactly down to him.

The difference is the level of expectation, especially from his home media.

German Americans might be the largest ethnic group here, but we are 100% the child of England and everything that comes with it in terms of football. Every second of his time here has been covered by all of our media in a way not seen with an American player since Donovan was at Everton. Its a completely different ball game him being here.

I do agree that this is probably his best opportunity, right now, to play here. I think if he gets gametime elsewhere he could easily come back here and be a starter. This would be in the future though.

The loss wasnt down to him, but his performance was bad enough to get him subbed off after an hour. It was a bad managerial performance though....by a guy in over his head whose brother wont dare fire him.

He needs to get stronger if he wants to play in PL.

He should be doing all the possible workout in the gym and train as much as possible. Thats a start.

Then he will be more comfortable and will be able to use his talent to focus on playing football in england.

But if he is going to be whining or complaining, he can blame only himself.

1905didierblue likes this

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

German Americans might be the largest ethnic group here, but we are 100% the child of England and everything that comes with it in terms of football. Every second of his time here has been covered by all of our media in a way not seen with an American player since Donovan was at Everton. Its a completely different ball game him being here.

I do agree that this is probably his best opportunity, right now, to play here. I think if he gets gametime elsewhere he could easily come back here and be a starter. This would be in the future though.

The loss wasnt down to him, but his performance was bad enough to get him subbed off after an hour. It was a bad managerial performance though....by a guy in over his head whose brother wont dare fire him.

There is little difference in footballing terms, though.

You're making out as if he has to be mollycoddled at 21 for one reason or another. Ronaldo came to England at 18, spoke very little English, played for arguably the biggest club in country and his father passed away before he turned twenty but despite all of that, he managed to thrive.

I know very little about Pulisic's character aside from him being rather quiet, but at some point he'll need to look at himself and find a way to get ahead rather than being being disgruntled at lack of opportunities or what not. One thing that I'm certain is, he won't be frozen out under Lampard this season.

You're dead cert on this loan idea, which could be the end for him should your wildest dreams come to fruition. He will probably find himself further down the pecking order (low standard as is) with us being able to freely move come next summer.

Noise coming out that he was subbed early due to illness rather than "tactical reasons". Either way, I agree with your view about the manager.

Soccer gets a minute worth of coverage on hour sports news shows here. Pulisic is nowhere close to a household name here. Only those that follow the sport, which is 7% of the population know how he is doing in the EPL. If he is feeling US media pressure, he is watching very specific media. Even those of us that have followed the sport for years roll our eyes at ESPN coverage.

2 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Donovan? At Everton? Well if his time over here was well documented then I do feel sorry for anyone who had to watch that constant shit as he only played a handfulmore than 15 times in 2 loan spells and only scored 2 league goals, which by all means as a footballer in Europe, is rather shocking.

People have tonhe patient with Puli, I mean in regards to the media coverage etc he has already eclipsed what he achieved in Europe as a footballer, they should ease off and let the guy develop rather than pinning the weight of a nation on him. Even if he becomes as good as he can he can barely brunt the shoulder of a whole NT a level below him, look at Messi with Argentina and hes the greatest player whos ever kicked a ball. 

Still excited to see what he does for us this season, he will get plenty of opportunities. I really dont see why theres any rush or panic about him already.