Christian Pulisic

the wes

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/31/frank-lampard-reveals-what-he-loved-about-christian-pulisic-s-go?cardIndex=0-3

‘He [Pulisic] showed his quality and I love the nature of his goals where he has an intention to run behind the line and not come short,’ said Lampard, ‘and the finishing was good.

‘It is what he is going to have to do because he is going to play in the Premier League and the Champions League, this is the top end. A winger has to have the desire not just to be tidy but to be getting in behind people and then with his quality he can be a really big player for us.

‘He is a big signing for us with big potential but the big question is he has to adapt to a different league, but I have seen already a really good attitude and a willingness to listen to information. He is 20 years of age so we have to remember he is young. I am happy to work with him, I want him to improve him.’

He was born to play fast counter-attacking football. Very fast and clinical, but I don't see him doing well in crowded places. His composure was really great yesterday. Maybe he is player like Pedro.

23 minutes ago, El P. said:

He was born to play fast counter-attacking football. Very fast and clinical, but I don't see him doing well in crowded places. His composure was really great yesterday. Maybe he is player like Pedro.

That’s what people said when Salah played for Fiorentina and Roma. “Italian football is so slow, there is so much place, in England he will never have this much place to run.

It is up to us, if our style suits him he will be fine. His “horrible” end product doesn’t look so horrible, he’s been in a great shape since like April/May.

54 minutes ago, El P. said:

Nah pulisic should be fine, you want player that run behind. He can let player like Barkley, Pedro and Willian to be on the ball more

Pulisic after last night...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/08/01/christian-pulisic-on-his-first-two-goals-and-ross-barkley-brilli

‘I’m really happy to get the win, and to score my first goals for Chelsea was really great,’ Pulisic exclusively told Chelsea TV. 

‘They’re not a bad team at all, they gave us a challenge, they have some really good players, and we did a really good job to start strong. We were clinical and got the lead early so that helped.

‘All these matches are helping us prepare for the season that is coming up, we’re gaining our fitness back, we’re feeling really good and we’re excited for the start.’

Pulisic’s first goal stemmed from a neat Pedro pass over the top that released him, and his second was started by Barkley, whose exquisite long ball was delicately controlled by the American before he raced away to finish.

‘I wasn’t even sure he was going to see me! That was the one I kind of received with my face, it was funny, but what an amazing pass and obviously I did the rest.

‘Our midfield has amazing quality, and the passes they can make and the movement in there is really good. It helps me so much with my game.

‘I’m really enjoying my football at the moment. Being at a new club is amazing, I’m really happy to be here, and the guys have been really welcoming. I have enjoyed every moment of it so far.’

I think he will grow with skill and awareness. My only real concern is his genetics. Can that body take the punishment of a long season. Over the years at Dortmund he has not been really quick to heal and he often carries small nagging injuries. Of course we are also talking about his teen years. Not many teens play at that level without getting small injuries. His body can very well get stronger. It does seem he has extended his stamina. 

18 hours ago, communicate said:

That is a lot to ask. Hazard level is the best player in the league. 

You are not wrong, but then I have to remind myself that both KDB AND Salah were at our club.

IMO if City keeps KDB healthy, they are contenders for pretty much everything.

3 hours ago, Robchels said:

You are not wrong, but then I have to remind myself that both KDB AND Salah were at our club.

IMO if City keeps KDB healthy, they are contenders for pretty much everything.

They would have to be absolutely unstoppable. Because Pep doesnt have any other plan, so if someone stops their attack, they cant do shit.

And I dont think they can get there because the only team that could was that barca and they had Messi, not to mention best chemistry ever with their la masia products.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Seen by many as a replacement for Eden, I give us one defeat before many Chelsea fans are on the back of him. Football fans are fickle fuckers and they lap up what the media feed them.

Can definitely see the media jumping on him if things go wrong. He's a different player compared to Hazard FFS! Just let Pulisic become a vital player for us in his own way. 

At the very least, with Lampard, Morris and co. around, they ain't gonna let our young players take shit from the media! 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Can definitely see the media jumping on him if things go wrong. He's a different player compared to Hazard FFS! Just let Pulisic become a vital player for us in his own way. 

At the very least, with Lampard, Morris and co. around, they ain't gonna let our young players take shit from the media! 

I am going to be very patient with him, I do see his potential

I am much more concerned with our CB's and Azpi

Zouma has been a big letdown so far, as has (to a lesser extent) Tomori