test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,205 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, communicate said:

He was playing high close to Tammy/michy basically waiting for their flick on. Just watch how high and how close to striker Puli play compare to Willian.

I said it before, you want puli to play more drop Mount or now drop Cho. He will produce.

You would still expect Willian to be in attacking positions. It's just that he would do it differently than Pulisic because they are not the exactly the same type of players.

And by the way, Willian isn't going to play every game this season and time will tell whether he can keep his current form throughout the season. So, Lampard has to make sure things don't crumble when he doesn't play...

One thing is to come up on tired defence when leading, something else is to play from the start.

But at least he is getting some impact from the bench, thats cool.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

One thing is to come up on tired defence when leading, something else is to play from the start.

But at least he is getting some impact from the bench, thats cool.

TBF, the Southampton defence looked horrible throughout the game, tired or not. 

Vesper likes this

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

TBF, the Southampton defence looked horrible throughout the game, tired or not. 

Indeed. We could score two more.

Vesper likes this

You would still expect Willian to be in attacking positions. It's just that he would do it differently than Pulisic because they are not the exactly the same type of players.
And by the way, Willian isn't going to play every game this season and time will tell whether he can keep his current form throughout the season. So, Lampard has to make sure things don't crumble when he doesn't play...
Pedro will probably will play on the right if Willian is not available and we will play 433.

3 hours ago, communicate said:
18 hours ago, Jason said:

Pedro will probably will play on the right if Willian is not available and we will play 433.

For some reason, Pedro has been really poor so far. He needs to snap out of it like Willian has done.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

For some reason, Pedro has been really poor so far. He needs to snap out of it like Willian has done.

Pedro actually started the season really well (and Willian had a shocking start, although admittedly he was just back from his summer break) but then picked up the hamstring injury at Norwich (IIRC) and has gone off the boil since then. 

OneMoSalah, Vesper and Strike like this

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think with Pedro you need player to feed him the ball (hazard or Cesc) or link up with him (Giroud). I don't think this team is ideal for him but it is either him or Puli or CHO on the right. I think he can work well with CHO

Vesper likes this

We need to be careful with Pulisic which we end up sell him and we end up with another Salah and KDB Situation again give the kid time B.sliva wasn't brilliant in his first season now look at him he's quality now 

Muzchap, Bosnian Blue and NikkiCFC like this

https://www.espn.com/soccer/chelsea/story/3960181/pulisic-hurt-by-lille-snub-but-wont-give-up

Pulisic on being left out at Lille and coming on at Southampton...

"Of course," Pulisic said, when asked if it was difficult to be left out of the matchday squad for last week's Lille game. "You want to play, be on the field and be in the team as much as you can and it hurt not to be there, but I'm happy I got my opportunity today.

"I did the best I could with the minutes I got. I tried to help the team as best I could. Today, I guess I'm happy but I'm going to keep working harder, and I'm never going to stop to try to get more minutes.

"I'm not just going to throw a fit and give up ever, so if I'm on the bench it doesn't mean the gaffer doesn't think I'm a part of the team, I've just got to keep pushing and earn my spot.

"That's my job [to get assists]. I'm in an attacking role and I'm going to do the best I can, to try to get goals and assists. I think that's been good so far, so I just want to continue to work hard."

On not starting games...

"It's tough to say. I want to be starting, I want to be starting every game. I'm working hard in training, I want to be there, I hope everyone can see that, so with moments like this I hope I can make a case for myself.

"He [Frank Lampard] likes players who work very hard and show a lot in training and I just have to continue to do that, do my best in training and try to earn my position."

On settling into the Premier League and the price tag...

"Culture-wise, it's been easier than Germany to be honest. From the football side, I guess you could say that. Obviously, I haven't been getting as many minutes as I would like. I will just keep going, keep pushing. I know my time's going to come.

"This number [the £58 million transfer fee] doesn't mean anything to me. Obviously, I go out and try to give my best every time I'm on the pitch. I'm not sure what the price tag means to you, but I just have to keep trying to perform at my best for myself and for the team.

"You can't completely ignore it [criticism]. I don't live under a rock. I hear things, I see things, but I do my best to block it out. I'm just working hard for myself.

"The outside opinions don't matter as much to me as to what's in the team and myself and the people who care about me. So I'm just going to keep working and do my best and not worry about it."

Vesper, Muzchap, ZAPHOD2319 and 1 other like this

On 10/6/2019 at 8:28 PM, Magic Lamps said:

This is why I think he will make it eventually. Not just a pace merchant but highly intelligent player. To see the run from Michy in his back, move the ball just that inch to get the angle for the pass and then time it perfectly shows a mature understanding of the game. 

Its all about how consistently he can do it.

He is definately young and will have to work hard to adjust the league, but he has talent.

The question is can he become consistent. Willy has amazing game sometimes but that happens rarely and thats why he just doesnt cut it.

13 hours ago, communicate said:

I think with Pedro you need player to feed him the ball (hazard or Cesc) or link up with him (Giroud). I don't think this team is ideal for him but it is either him or Puli or CHO on the right. I think he can work well with CHO

fair points

For me very simple, 

19 hours ago, the wes said:

We need to be careful with Pulisic which we end up sell him and we end up with another Salah and KDB Situation again give the kid time B.sliva wasn't brilliant in his first season now look at him he's quality now 

We won't sell him. We bought him for 60 m, we have two winger who are 30+ in our team why sell him. 

IMO pulisic can play well with Willian or CHO. Let Willian and CHO be the creator and Puli can focus on just running behind. 

Muzchap likes this

14 hours ago, communicate said:

For me very simple, 

We won't sell him. We bought him for 60 m, we have two winger who are 30+ in our team why sell him. 

IMO pulisic can play well with Willian or CHO. Let Willian and CHO be the creator and Puli can focus on just running behind. 

Willian the creator...you are having a laugh mate :D

Sir Mikel OBE likes this