Christian Pulisic

the wes

Hopefully people who have been apprehensive will be proved wrong by this Christian this season. I do hope he doesnt take the 10 shirt though. I dont know who will, few interesting numbers avaliable in the squad this season, 4, 9, 10. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Wow. Lad had literally no holiday, went straight back to the club. 

Thats great to see 

Great to see of course but I'm not so sure how smart that is in the long run. He isn't used to lack of winter break either. Well I guess there will be plenty of rotation in that position anyways

18 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Great to see of course but I'm not so sure how smart that is in the long run. He isn't used to lack of winter break either. Well I guess there will be plenty of rotation in that position anyways

He hasn't played huge quantities of football this season and I'm sure someone mentioned he had a 2-3 weeks break between the end of the German season and playing for America so I can't see this burning him out.

Agree with the winter break, although the Premier League is bringing some form of equivalent in this season. I'm sure Lampard will manage and rotate where necessary to keep things fresh this season.

15 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

He actually took his break after the Bundesliga season ended; took 2-3 weeks off before joining up with US for the Gold Cup last month and of course, he took another week off last week after the tournament. Think he should be fine as the Gold Cup wasn't a draining, long tournament like the World Cup and he had a decent amount of time off and I'm sure Lampard and co. will manage his game time as well.

And speaking of winter break, the Premier League will have one from this season onward (https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-winter-break-201920-when-is-it-and-how-long-does-it-last-a4166181.html) but it'll be in February as opposed to December-January like in other leagues.

https://www.soccerbible.com/interviews/2019/07/christian-pulisic-talks-chelsea-move-london-life-premier-league-memories/

What players and teams did you watch? What moments standout from your childhood watching the Premier League?

I remember so clearly when Chelsea won the league in 2005 with Drogba, Lampard, Terry; that team was amazing, or when Aguero scored on the last match day to give City the title. Those exciting stories were what made me love the Premier League growing up. To be in the position I am in now is just a dream.

Have you been able to get a bit of a fan experience with Chelsea before you’ve got the playing experience?

Yeah, this year I have been able to watch Chelsea as both a fan but also as part of the team, they had a great season so that’s something the club can be proud of. I’ve always admired the winning mentality at Chelsea, that’s an environment that I can’t wait to be a part of.

How does it feel to now put a Chelsea shirt on? Will it be a surreal experience to have your name on a Premier League shirt?

Yeah, absolutely. I always wanted it to happen, it was a big dream of mine, but now that it’s actually here I don’t want to take it for granted. It really is special. It’s just a huge honour and this wave of emotions just washes over you when you put it on for the first time.

He also spoke about other things in there. I just picked out the Chelsea related questions/answers.

Pulisic is a young player with high potential. He is not replacing Hazard. Maybe in a couple of years in the best case scenario. Anyway, it will be difficult for us to compete next season with the like of Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Atletico, Man City, PSG, Bayern, etc. I am afraid we are not playing in the same league anymore. Hope I am proved wrong.

59 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We won't replace Hazard directly but as Lampard alluded to in his presser there's more than one way to skin a cat.

While Hazard was here and especially on the pitch he was the talisman, the one players looked too to make things happen. The way to go now will probably be a more collective effort going forward which is what we saw for the most part last season when he was not playing.

Exactly while this isnt the best comparison I see it as a similar situation to when Neymar left Barca and what Real should have done. 

They strengthened as a team rather than relying on Neymar Messi and Suarez, being more reserved and less flamboyant using Rakitic and Paulinho to solidify the team defensively. Although we arent lucky enough to have those ilk of players like Messi and Suarez in offensive positions we still have got to look at it as a chance to let others come to the fore and not just look to one player for inspiration as well as being able to build up other areas of the team to be stronger in other aspects.

I still think with Hazard gone and if Sarri remained we would have seen a more functional front 3 like he had at Napoli as opposed to everyone just passing to Eden for him to dribble past X amount of players etc or just expect him to make things happen. I hope Lampard can get a more functional front 3 as that part let us down after a good start last season. The likes of Willian, Pedrox CHO and Pulisic will need to play faster, with less touches, being more direct than our wide players did at time last season to fully exploit what I believe will be a similar philosophy although not as ridgid as Sarris.

While it will take some time I do expect big things from Christian.