Christian Pulisic

the wes

On 13/06/2019 at 11:01 AM, BlueLyon said:

Regardless of his potential and talent

Question 1: can he cope with physical demands of PL?

Question 2: can he stay injury free?

Those two are most important for him to even have a chance to succeed here.

1. Bundesliga is barely a lightweight league, same questions probably werent asked of the likes of Gundogan, Aubamayang, Sane, Son and whoever else. 

2. He had one bad year with injuries and fitness yes but think at his age, a full pre season here and a few months to adapt he will be fine.

To me it seems like a great season for him to start. 

A season where it basically considered a write of, so no pressure at all. 

If he does comes good, no doubt he will be face of the club next season. 

Lets see how he does in the new season. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

To me it seems like a great season for him to start. 

A season where it basically considered a write of, so no pressure at all. 

If he does comes good, no doubt he will be face of the club next season. 

Lets see how he does in the new season. 

I agree but you could of also put this in the new manager thread just changing the name to Lampard:)

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Class, mega excited to see this lad.

only concern I have is he is so slight of frame, with no Eden super-arse to bull his way through traffic, so I hope he can take the punishment as it is surely coming, the EPL is brutally physical, more so each and every year

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

only concern I have is he is so slight of frame, with no Eden super-arse to bull his way through traffic, so I hope he can take the punishment as it is surely coming, the EPL is brutally physical, more so each and every year

Bulking up a bit would help but think the most important thing is, whether he can be aggressive and show tenacity when needed. As @OneMoSalah mentioned above, there are a lot of similar build players (from the Bundesliga or elsewhere) and they can handle the physicality of the Premier League. Also, think back to Oscar. Had (still has) a small looking frame but showed he can handle the physical demands in England. 

Hope Frank doesn't play it safe by starting the seasons with Willian and Pedro as our starting wingers. As was mentioned, this season will essentially be a "free hit" where we surely won't be competing near the top of the table so there's no point in using the same stake, average attack.

This season's should be all about bedding in young players and establishing a set way of playing. Take the risk of starting Pulisic from opening match and letting him earn his place right away.

Seeing a front 3 of Giroud, Pedro, and Willian for the first couple of months as Lampard gets his feet under him would be so lame.