Christian Pulisic

the wes

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

As if this board and owner are going to build a superteam around him, lolol.

Look at what they would have to upgrade

all these would have to go

CB Luiz we absolutely NEED a WC CB

LB Alonso  joke of a player, HORRID, plus Emerson seems shit too

RB Azpi, need to see if Reece James can take over immediately, if not but a WC RB

AMF none are remotely on a level of quality needed

LW Eden and CHO are gone, need a monster here plus another b/u great option

RW all ALL ALL must go, and we best pray to dog Pulisic is the real deal, we really need to buy another RW too, like Pepe

CF Higs is only here for a little over a year more nax (he still has not proven much at all), and we need a WC striker (Icardi, Dybala, Werner, maybe Jovic)

that's SEVEN of the 10 outfield starters that desperately need upgrading if we are going to try and ram Sarriball down the EPL's throats

Is our board really going to do all that?

look at their track record

It HAS to be done if we are going to go back to a top 10 team, let alone a CL and EPL winning team

anyone who thinks all those don't need to be fixed is suffering from normalcy bias

that is not me being a cunty, whinging bish, that's me being a realist

We’re all pretty much on the same page.

They should build not for Sarri but for Chelsea and entire organization. Your can’t get lower then this with this squad. This is the third out of 4th Chelsea season where we could end up lower then 5th in PL.

This squad is like £800m-£900m expensive and we’re like a regular Europa League participator. Not many space for maneuvers. The board of directors will either back this or the next manager this summer with great players or this club will just stay in Europa League for many more years. Simple as.

3 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

We’re all pretty much on the same page.

They should build not for Sarri but for Chelsea and entire organization. Your can’t get lower then this with this squad. This is the third out of 4th Chelsea season where we could end up lower then 5th in PL.

This squad is like £800m-£900m expensive and we’re like a regular Europa League participator. Not many space for maneuvers. The board of directors will either back this or the next manager this summer with great players or this club will just stay in Europa League for many more years. Simple as.

We turned down £620m in hard offers (NOT counting Kante) this summer. I have fully documented this on multiple posts. Furthermore, liquidating all but 3 (promoted to first team) and 8 (the new limit susposedly) of the loan army would generate another £200m or so.

Lets call it £750m just to be conservative. For that money we could have bought Mbappe and Icardi (£350m to £400m) and have £350m to £400m left to spend.

It could have been done.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Honestly it's going to be very hard for him to be regular here next season or even get minutes. 

1. Don't think Sarri will be "allowed" to bench a high-profile, 50 million+ signing (assuming Sarri will still be here next season...).

2. Also depends on what we do with Hazard, Pedro, Willian and CHO.

We have a few light weight players. Is this the product of modern football?

It shouldn't stop them having the bottle to get stuck in or go in hard tho.

Jorgi has been much more forcefull of late I got faith in the old boy.

Pully is another small framed kid. Hes got the talent, I really hope he can handle the physical side of things.

I do miss us having some strong players. Ones that hold their ground. Bully and not be bullied.

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, mccg said:

Christian Pulisic: Tottenham missed chance to sign Borussia Dortmund ace before Chelsea

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1095980/Christian-Pulisic-Tottenham-Borussia-Dortmund-Chelsea-Transfer-Champions-League

Missed, or passed?

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Incidentally, Hargreaves doesn't rate Christian much. 

I am so not convinced on Pulisic

hope he proves me wrong

I absolutely stand by my marketing claim

8 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We have a few light weight players. Is this the product of modern football?

It shouldn't stop them having the bottle to get stuck in or go in hard tho.

Jorgi has been much more forcefull of late I got faith in the old boy.

Pully is another small framed kid. Hes got the talent, I really hope he can handle the physical side of things.

I do miss us having some strong players. Ones that hold their ground. Bully and not be bullied.

Yes m8 agree, i miss our power house identity especially in Midfield , the likes of a Ballack,Essien,Lampard, or a Drogba up front , think it goes back to trying to copy the Barcelona blueprint and the type/style they played/play and the more agile/technical player?!. The perfect mix would be afew of those type again , a prototype of Ballack,Essien,Lampard would be a good start lol

I was up until 3:45am this morning so watched the game. Interesting comments relating to Christian. The commentary team mentioned his lack of game time but excused it by reminding us all that he's only twenty. Then, in the studio, Glen Hoddle was bemoaning the fact that, at eighteen, Callum should be getting more minutes, particularly at times when the result is still on the line. Seems consistency is something we only talk about in relation to pasta sauce these days.

Also, Hargreaves was on pundit duty. Among a lot else, he said there is not a chance that Christian is as good as Callum.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

1. Don't think Sarri will be "allowed" to bench a high-profile, 50 million+ signing (assuming Sarri will still be here next season...).

2. Also depends on what we do with Hazard, Pedro, Willian and CHO.

To be fair to the club, every former manager, bar one, has said he suffered no interference with team selection. The sole exception was Bobby Di Matteo who accidently let slip at a presser that he was not able to select Daniel Sturridge in the weeks leading up to his move to Liverpool.

I put that exception down to special circumstances and reckon that the club has often sacked managers but has never picked their teams.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

To be fair to the club, every former manager, bar one, has said he suffered no interference with team selection. The sole exception was Bobby Di Matteo who accidently let slip at a presser that he was not able to select Daniel Sturridge in the weeks leading up to his move to Liverpool.

I put that exception down to special circumstances and reckon that the club has often sacked managers but has never picked their teams.

Not saying Roman, Marina or whoever will tell Sarri who to pick but the pressure will definitely be there to pick Pulisic (a la CHO right now) especially if Willian/Pedro continue to be as inconsistent as they are.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. Will we at least get the summer to buy? If yes, who do we go for? Do we sell Hazard/CHO/Pedro/Willian? If no, then what are we gonna do with Hazard and/or CHO? Questions, questions, questions.