test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

670 posts in this topic

He trains with his dad in the off season, plus he got a bit of rest at Dortmund. It is not like he came off a grinding season where he played most of the matches.

He has never in his life played a 60 games season, hardly played in 2018, had a winter break. Had weeks off before the gold cup. He will be rested and fresh AF and he should be match fit already thanks to the gold cup. 

https://www.soccerbible.com/interviews/2019/07/christian-pulisic-talks-chelsea-move-london-life-premier-league-memories/

What players and teams did you watch? What moments standout from your childhood watching the Premier League?

I remember so clearly when Chelsea won the league in 2005 with Drogba, Lampard, Terry; that team was amazing, or when Aguero scored on the last match day to give City the title. Those exciting stories were what made me love the Premier League growing up. To be in the position I am in now is just a dream.

Have you been able to get a bit of a fan experience with Chelsea before you’ve got the playing experience?

Yeah, this year I have been able to watch Chelsea as both a fan but also as part of the team, they had a great season so that’s something the club can be proud of. I’ve always admired the winning mentality at Chelsea, that’s an environment that I can’t wait to be a part of.

How does it feel to now put a Chelsea shirt on? Will it be a surreal experience to have your name on a Premier League shirt?

Yeah, absolutely. I always wanted it to happen, it was a big dream of mine, but now that it’s actually here I don’t want to take it for granted. It really is special. It’s just a huge honour and this wave of emotions just washes over you when you put it on for the first time.

He also spoke about other things in there. I just picked out the Chelsea related questions/answers.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Most of pulisic goals for BvB and USA are inside the box I would like to see him shoot more from outside the box 

RJBOfficial likes this

Pulisic is a young player with high potential. He is not replacing Hazard. Maybe in a couple of years in the best case scenario. Anyway, it will be difficult for us to compete next season with the like of Real, Barcelona, Juventus, Atletico, Man City, PSG, Bayern, etc. I am afraid we are not playing in the same league anymore. Hope I am proved wrong.

Bosnian Blue and Fernando like this

59 minutes ago, Tomo said:

We won't replace Hazard directly but as Lampard alluded to in his presser there's more than one way to skin a cat.

While Hazard was here and especially on the pitch he was the talisman, the one players looked too to make things happen. The way to go now will probably be a more collective effort going forward which is what we saw for the most part last season when he was not playing.

Exactly while this isnt the best comparison I see it as a similar situation to when Neymar left Barca and what Real should have done. 

They strengthened as a team rather than relying on Neymar Messi and Suarez, being more reserved and less flamboyant using Rakitic and Paulinho to solidify the team defensively. Although we arent lucky enough to have those ilk of players like Messi and Suarez in offensive positions we still have got to look at it as a chance to let others come to the fore and not just look to one player for inspiration as well as being able to build up other areas of the team to be stronger in other aspects.

I still think with Hazard gone and if Sarri remained we would have seen a more functional front 3 like he had at Napoli as opposed to everyone just passing to Eden for him to dribble past X amount of players etc or just expect him to make things happen. I hope Lampard can get a more functional front 3 as that part let us down after a good start last season. The likes of Willian, Pedrox CHO and Pulisic will need to play faster, with less touches, being more direct than our wide players did at time last season to fully exploit what I believe will be a similar philosophy although not as ridgid as Sarris.

While it will take some time I do expect big things from Christian.

bigbluewillie likes this

He is well spoken and very much a team player. There was a lot made about Sancho at Dortmond. What was missed by some that didn't follow Dortmund while Pulisic played there, was how much Christian was a class act to Sancho and all of his teammates. He is a very nice kid. An interview with Sancho about Pulisic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2819976-jadon-sancho-says-christian-pulisic-inspired-him-to-leave-man-city-for-dortmund.amp.html

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He is well spoken and very much a team player. There was a lot made about Sancho at Dortmond. What was missed by some that didn't follow Dortmund while Pulisic played there, was how much Christian was a class act to Sancho and all of his teammates. He is a very nice kid. An interview with Sancho about Pulisic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2819976-jadon-sancho-says-christian-pulisic-inspired-him-to-leave-man-city-for-dortmund.amp.html

His piece for The Players' Tribune after US failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup was impressive. Articulated his points about himself, problems facing the USMNT etc very well especially when he was still in his teens!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/christian-pulisic-usmnt-world-cup

ZAPHOD2319 and Clockwork like this

Hope the commentators doing our games and the pundits don't start the whole "he's a direct replacement for Hazard" bullshit. They will hopefully be smart enough to realize that that's not what he is and that's not was the club intended him to be when we bought him.

He's still a young player with loads of potential. He isn't expected to come in and immedietly destroy the league and carry the side like Eden was. I don't really feel like hearing the comparison all season long.

Our fans as well need to just let him be his own player. We need to keep our expectations in check.

I'm with Hazard. Pulisic has some growth left, but he has the right coaches and players around him to do so. He still needs to produce in games and practice, but he can grow here.

the wes likes this