Christian Pulisic

the wes

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/christian-pulisic-chelsea-definitely-see-me-as-a-winger-but-i-can-play-anywhere-a4032766.html

"You have to go in and earn your spot and prove you are worthy of being on the field," he added.

"I think they definitely see me in one of the wider areas, but I think they also know that I can play kinda anywhere across the attack. So I'm ready for wherever I need to be filled in really."

Pulisic claims he is yet to speak to Chelsea boss Sarri

https://www.football365.com/news/pulisic-claims-he-is-yet-to-speak-to-chelsea-boss-sarri

New Chelsea signing Christian Pulisic admits he has yet to speak to Maurizio Sarri after securing his £57.7million deal from Borussia Dortmund.

The Chelsea boss revealed last week he was not aware the move was going ahead until it was done and with the 20-year-old United States international returning to previous club Borussia Dortmund on loan for the remainder of the season there has been no talks between the pair.

Asked whether he has spoken to Sarri, Pulisic told ESPN FC: “No, nothing like that.

“Like I said, I’ve been here and playing with Dortmund the whole time and I’ve been focused here, but I’ll be really excited once the time comes.”

Chelsea had to pay a premium to acquire the sought-after winger despite him only having a year left on his contract but the American knows that will count for nothing when he turns up for pre-season training in the summer.

“You have to go in and earn your spot and prove you are worthy of being on the field,” he added.

“I think they definitely see me in one of the wider areas, but I think they also know that I can play kind anywhere across the attack. So I’m ready for wherever I need to be filled in really.”

snip

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Pulisic claims he is yet to speak to Chelsea boss Sarri

https://www.football365.com/news/pulisic-claims-he-is-yet-to-speak-to-chelsea-boss-sarri

New Chelsea signing Christian Pulisic admits he has yet to speak to Maurizio Sarri after securing his £57.7million deal from Borussia Dortmund.

The Chelsea boss revealed last week he was not aware the move was going ahead until it was done and with the 20-year-old United States international returning to previous club Borussia Dortmund on loan for the remainder of the season there has been no talks between the pair.

Asked whether he has spoken to Sarri, Pulisic told ESPN FC: “No, nothing like that.

“Like I said, I’ve been here and playing with Dortmund the whole time and I’ve been focused here, but I’ll be really excited once the time comes.”

Chelsea had to pay a premium to acquire the sought-after winger despite him only having a year left on his contract but the American knows that will count for nothing when he turns up for pre-season training in the summer.

“You have to go in and earn your spot and prove you are worthy of being on the field,” he added.

“I think they definitely see me in one of the wider areas, but I think they also know that I can play kind anywhere across the attack. So I’m ready for wherever I need to be filled in really.”

snip

Were they trying to create controversy with that? :lol: 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

So are folk now willing to give him a chance instead of bashing him before he plays now? Thank fuck. Looking forward to see how he does.

I  always have and always will back our new players 100% no matter what misgivings I may have before they join us.

And will remain to have their backs until they show that they were misrepresented and their skills just aren't at the level we supposed they were at.

But I think in Pulisics case he will show us how good he is and will remove the doubt from even the biggest Thomases!

We really need to give this lad a nickname!! Pully?

On 1/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, Vesper said:

this is what Silva did to Arsenal, at the Emirates, in the CL

You see that we are being linled with Andre Silva?

Like Higuain he's not scored in 7 games.

Chelsea targeting Andre Silva transfer – but need Morata to replace him at Sevilla

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8146933/chelsea-transfer-news-andre-silva-alvaro-morata-ac-milan-sevilla/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1546957729

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Pulisic taking over the right side, while Hazard and then Hudson-Odoi rule the left.

well, that's fucked, grrrrr

Chelsea were not the only club interested in spending big money to buy Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed. 

"I have to say that there was at least one more club that would have been willing to pay a sum of this magnitude," he told Ruhr Nachrichten

4 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Worried about his scoring capabilities. Makes Willian look prolific.

3 hours ago, kc_blue said:

I want to see him under Sarri.  I really think his characteristics will be a good match for the way he wants us to play.

What  the teams missing (apart from goal scorers) are getting the lads to move into positions for the likes of Jorgi,Luiz, Kovacic (and whatever new CM we get) to pass to. Plus Daves long balls looking for a big target.

Pully looks like that he is able to do that.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh god sake. He's only 20 years old, not 30. Why are people making out his numbers won't get any better? 

If we bought a proven RW and Pulisic would be his understudy, thats fine.

But him being our main RW (hopefuly we dont see more of Willian in first 11 next season)? 

He may or may not be a decent finisher in the future, but right now he is worse than Willian in that aspect. And thats no exaggeration. 

Thats all we have to know. No ifs. No buts.

People wanted sarriball and now they complain. They better be prepared to see some Willian esque games with lot of frustration by Pulisic. 

Question1: Are they prepared to give whole season to player like that, hoping he will improve? 

Question2: chelsea being absolute shite in finishing off chances; can we afford another player who cant finish? 

I love the idea we got a player with his talent and all, but it couldnt come at worse moment. We have CHO if we want to develop a talent and give him alot of playtime. And thats nice, developing a talent. But we all know Chelsea completely sucks in this. 

What we needed right now (or in summer) is a top RW so that we can actualy improve. Period. Because if keep Hazard somehow he better have a damn quality teammate on RW. Because by the time Pulisic makes it (if), Eden will be on decline. 

Liverpool went for 3 prime years attackers and they are ripping rewards. 

We needed a quality RW for ages and board buys a 20 year old who is super raw for 60m. He is completely raw, nowhere near established or polished. Being american and all, he is hyped to the mars, but atm while being good talent, he isnt anywhere near Willians level, nevermind top quality.

Facts.