test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nachikethas

22. Christian Pulisic

Started by nachikethas,

1,036 posts in this topic

I have a feeling the club are not that worried about Hazard leaving because they probably think Pulisic is his direct replacement. This lad needs to hit the ground sprinting. He almost doesn't stand a chance lol. 

Regardless of his potential and talent

Question 1: can he cope with physical demands of PL?

Question 2: can he stay injury free?

Those two are most important for him to even have a chance to succeed here.

Supermonkey92 likes this

On 13/06/2019 at 11:01 AM, BlueLyon said:

Regardless of his potential and talent

Question 1: can he cope with physical demands of PL?

Question 2: can he stay injury free?

Those two are most important for him to even have a chance to succeed here.

1. Bundesliga is barely a lightweight league, same questions probably werent asked of the likes of Gundogan, Aubamayang, Sane, Son and whoever else. 

2. He had one bad year with injuries and fitness yes but think at his age, a full pre season here and a few months to adapt he will be fine.

the wes likes this

To me it seems like a great season for him to start. 

A season where it basically considered a write of, so no pressure at all. 

If he does comes good, no doubt he will be face of the club next season. 

Lets see how he does in the new season. 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

To me it seems like a great season for him to start. 

A season where it basically considered a write of, so no pressure at all. 

If he does comes good, no doubt he will be face of the club next season. 

Lets see how he does in the new season. 

I agree but you could of also put this in the new manager thread just changing the name to Lampard:)

Fernando likes this

18 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Class, mega excited to see this lad.

only concern I have is he is so slight of frame, with no Eden super-arse to bull his way through traffic, so I hope he can take the punishment as it is surely coming, the EPL is brutally physical, more so each and every year

11Drogba and Johnnyeye like this

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

only concern I have is he is so slight of frame, with no Eden super-arse to bull his way through traffic, so I hope he can take the punishment as it is surely coming, the EPL is brutally physical, more so each and every year

Bulking up a bit would help but think the most important thing is, whether he can be aggressive and show tenacity when needed. As @OneMoSalah mentioned above, there are a lot of similar build players (from the Bundesliga or elsewhere) and they can handle the physicality of the Premier League. Also, think back to Oscar. Had (still has) a small looking frame but showed he can handle the physical demands in England. 

OneMoSalah likes this

4 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

But it was against pub players 

Who stopped us from getting to the world cup.

Hope Frank doesn't play it safe by starting the seasons with Willian and Pedro as our starting wingers. As was mentioned, this season will essentially be a "free hit" where we surely won't be competing near the top of the table so there's no point in using the same stake, average attack.

This season's should be all about bedding in young players and establishing a set way of playing. Take the risk of starting Pulisic from opening match and letting him earn his place right away.

Seeing a front 3 of Giroud, Pedro, and Willian for the first couple of months as Lampard gets his feet under him would be so lame.

Blue Armour, guddy6969 and !Hazard! like this

Nice little video.

More than talent, the most successful Chelsea players in the modern era have the most game intelligence. IMO