Christian Pulisic

the wes

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Why do people keep on saying this? They don't even play in the same position! If anything, it's Hazard (ironically) who's blocking CHO's path to the starting XI!

We need a left footed right winger. I think that's why people are sceptical plus let's be honest if he wasn't a US national team player we wouldn't have signed him. His overhyped because of his passport. There are better players out there for his price tag. 

2 hours ago, milan.cech said:

His surname… I mean he surely has some Croatian roots so what is the pronounciation of the name? Coming from Central Europe myself and knowing the languages, I find it really weird to end it with -sik.

Him being whole life in USA probably means whole world is used to American poo-li-sik. But original it should be: poo-li-shich (like Mateo Ko-va-chich). Don't know which one he prefers.

EDIT: They even officially removed Š and Ć from surname, don't know was it him or his parents. So taking that into account, he is Pulisic, therefore American butchered version is used I guess. :( 

2 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I have no hope he'll be any good. His finishing is worse the  Willian's. 

I hope we get a shit load of US supporters and some success to keep them once Pulisic goes :P

Not a chance that Pulisic a worse finisher than willian. Willian is one of the worst scoring wingers chelsea have produced in a while. He's on the same level as malouda in terms of goalscoring, Kalou is scores more goals than willian.

33 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

Sancho is initially a left winger but he's playing on the right for Dortmund and making a reputation for himself. Left or right it's playing minutes and taking chances that matter. Hudson-odoi could very well be playing on the right wing for us but at the moment he's barely playing anywhere.

Pulisic is a young inconsistent player. We will have to be patient with him and give him minutes even when he's not performing well. We could do the same with Hudson-Odoi and ease him into the team but instead we're going to place our trust in a 64M player. There is no way whoever is in charge next season will be playing both of them at once.

OR another way of looking at it is they can share game time and provide competition to one another to improve themselves. Like you alluded to, they are still young and will be inconsistent. Putting some competition in the team will help them to remain grounded and keep them aware that they could easily lose their place any time if they don't perform. Furthermore, if CHO goes to Bayern, for instance, does he really think he will start week in week out? If anything, I'd be more concerned if Willian/Pedro (hopefully the former will leave!) stays on because they would likely see a lot of game time and especially with Sarri's stubbornness of sticking with him.

15 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

We need a left footed right winger. I think that's why people are sceptical plus let's be honest if he wasn't a US national team player we wouldn't have signed him. His overhyped because of his passport. There are better players out there for his price tag. 

Who says we necessarily need a left footed right winger? Think people are happy that we have a right winger who can help stretch play on the right without clogging up the central area like we already are(!) and provide proper contribution in the final third.

I don't deny that Pulisic's US marketability is one of the main factors we've signed him but let's not act as if he doesn't have the potential. You might not agree but he definitely has the talent to be a proper player. If everything goes to plan, then our right wing is sorted for the next 10 years. Is the price tag big? Probably but that's the state of the market these days. The quicker people start to accept that 50-60 million purchases are the 20-30 million buys of 8-10 years ago, the better. The club clearly sees this as a long term investment.

Honigstein believes the American, much like Hazard, can be deployed in multiple positions in Sarri's potential Chelsea line-up next season.

"He's very versatile, he can play across the attacking positions in midfield and he can play as a No 10," he said.

"He can play in the hole and on the wing but I don't think he is a out-and-out winger.

"He will be somebody that can play between the lines, lovely when it comes to link up play. He can also play direct but perhaps needs more maturity when it comes to the decisive moments in the final third.

"He's still a player that is growing. At 20, he is on the cusp of becoming the player that everyone in Europe believes he can be."

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

He might be Bruce Bucks US marketing golden boy, after all it's a business first and foremost, but theres no point in a marketing item if it's shoddy.

He's a good signing.

I'd imagine our US popularity will take a hit if we screw this up. :lol: 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Um...you may piss off Belgium fans here with that comment...

EDIT: I mean, is that comment even necessary? 

Well I felt that you equated Belgian market audience with South Korea's or American, which is why I felt I had to correct you. 

48 minutes ago, El P. said:

Him being whole life in USA probably means whole world is used to American poo-li-sik. But original it should be: poo-li-shich (like Mateo Ko-va-chich). Don't know which one he prefers.

EDIT: They even officially removed Š and Ć from surname, don't know was it him or his parents. So taking that into account, he is Pulisic, therefore American butchered version is used I guess. :( 

Yeah I noticed Š and Ć were removed from the name. How does it sound to you as native speaker? That must be super weird. Do you know other people having this sound -sik?

wow just read the news on the Chelsea official website, tbh im surprised we pulled this off so quickly, maybe our board is not that imcopetent, how much did we pay for him?

All i can say is welcome to Chelsea Football Club Pulisic, see you next season. I hope to see him shine for us soon, this is clearly a long term deal and he's still 20 years old, still a lot more room for improvement, but already a talented young player. Cheers

7 hours ago, El P. said:

I am sceptical about that. I think that 60-millions offer from Barca was once in a lifetime chance. Who would give that kind of money for a 30-yo, after this season in which he would score what, 5 goals?

There was no chance Barca would pay 60 mil for Willian. You need to stop blindly believing the media. 

wow just read the news on the Chelsea official website, tbh im surprised we pulled this off so quickly, maybe our board is not that imcopetent, how much did we pay for him?
All i can say is welcome to Chelsea Football Club Pulisic, see you next season. I hope to see him shine for us soon, this is clearly a long term deal and he's still 20 years old, still a lot more room for improvement, but already a talented young player. Cheers
Dortmund wanted rid & we dealt with their demands to save some money. Not that surprising tbh