Christian Pulisic

the wes

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pulisic has 4 as his most. 

Traore had 5 last year. 

Like I said, if this is the level we are going for, get Traore. World class dribbler and will beat players for days. People over complicate things. Live wires like him who can dribble and take on people can really open up their game on a better team. Look at Sane. No one rated him prior to him going to City. I remember people on here dreading the thought of him coming when he was linked with us. That turned out well. 

I rated Sane. Big. Wasn't here then. I go into great detail on players in other leagues I fancy, many of them very young.

I dont rate Traore. Sorry. If he is the level of player we are chasing I might as well be a Watford punter. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Traore had 5 last year. 

Like I said, if this is the level we are going for, get Traore. World class dribbler and will beat players for days. People over complicate things. Live wires like him who can dribble and take on people can really open up their game on a better team. Look at Sane. No one rated him prior to him going to City. I remember people on here dreading the thought of him coming when he was linked with us. That turned out well. 

:doh:

Sane always had potential. You can tell he had a decent peg on him but needed direction. 

I'm not even going to entertain the idea of us buying Taore.... I have my limits.

Pulisic is a far better prospect than Traore.

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Traore had 5 last year. 

Sane was highly rated before he went City. There was a lot of hype about him. He was tearing it apart at Schalke. I genuinely don't recall fans being against Sane. I knew City were getting a very good player and potential world class player. There was definitely a different perception to how people perceived Sane compared to the likes of Pulisic and Traore.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Thor said:

If this is the level of player we are going for, I would rather get Adama Traore. 

More talented, quicker, and he has at least been improving unlike Pulisic. His end product has been getting better, while Pulisic has been demoted to the bench. 

I was listening to Wolves fans last night talking about their opinion that Traore should not start for their club. (He hasn't been starting, but he did yesterday.)

It reminded me of a conversation I had with someone on here who accused me of foolishly commenting about Traore when I had never seen him play in the Premier League. Not withstanding that I had in fact seen Traore play top flight football, you can tell what a player's attributes are wherever you watch him. I stick to what I said then; Traore is not good enough for Chelsea. I'd have thought that his struggles to get in the Wolves team would be even more evidence of that fact.

I hope people are not seriously suggesting Adama Traore. We often complain about Willian's football IQ (or lack thereof) but in comparison to Traore he is like prime Zidane. Traore is nowhere near good enough for top6 clubs.
He's not even good enough to be a regular for a newly promoted side.

I like this kid Pulisic he as the potential to be a good player and to get him at rumoured £45m is a bargain in today's transfer market he reminds me of overmars the way he dribbles past players 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I like this kid Pulisic he as the potential to be a good player and to get him at rumoured £45m is a bargain in today's transfer market he reminds me of overmars the way he dribbles past players 

He dribbles and then nothing.

There is alot of development that he needs.

Sure he might be superstar one day. There is no denying he has the talent.

BUT is he realy going to get those chances here? We truly suck with youth and as soon he doesnt perform to expectations, there will be pressure. The club isnt patient and they will not let him develop in peace.

IMO we need already established player, someone who is ready to jump to bigger club, like Hazard was in 2012.

If we get starter AND Pulisic, then it would make sense.

But there is also CHO. Why the hell not just develop CHO instead of Pulisic? Here comes the idiotic board again with their stupid ideas and then they fuck it all up. Kdb and Salah doing wonders while we favoured Willian and Oscar. 

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

BUT is he realy going to get those chances here? We truly suck with youth and as soon he doesnt perform to expectations, there will be pressure. The club isnt patient and they will not let him develop in peace.

IMO we need already established player, someone who is ready to jump to bigger club, like Hazard was in 2012.

But there is also CHO. Why the hell not just develop CHO instead of Pulisic? Here comes the idiotic board again with their stupid ideas and then they fuck it all up. Kdb and Salah doing wonders while we favoured Willian and Oscar. 

People do realize that we going after Pulisic is not because we are gonna (or might?) sell CHO, right? We have been interested in Pulisic for some time now. The interest hasn't just come from nowhere. Plus, they don't even play in the same position.

If anything, it's Willian and Pedro that need to be sold or phased out for new, young players to take their place in the team.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

People do realize that we going after Pulisic is not because we are gonna (or might?) sell CHO, right? We have been interested in Pulisic for some time now. The interest hasn't just come from nowhere. Plus. they don't even play in the same positions.

If anything, it's Willian and Pedro that need to be sold or phased out for new, young players to take their place in the team.

Exactly. Everybody going crazy over Pulisic being CHO's replacement but CHO is a LW and Pulisic is a RW. Besides, I really don't understand why people are soo against Pulisic coming here. He isn't half as bad as some are making him out to be.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Sounds exactly like Hudson-Odoi. I like him too and want to see him play more, but I think sometimes there's a bit too much hysteria with the youth players. I myself am guilty of falling into the trap of hyping up a player, they go on loan and then don't improve. The only player who continually seems to impress me and I think will be a very good player is Tammy. I really do think he'll be a top player in a few seasons. He continues to impress me with his hunger and desire during games to score. I love that about him, he doesn't give up. Unfortunately, he's too good for the Championship, but needs developing to be a PL star. He's between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

Hudson-Odoi needs games sure, but I think the overhyping needs to be brought back a bit. It's not like he's imposing himself that much in games that it's blatantly obvious he'll be a world beater or anything. At the moment, he's a young kid with potential. Playing against low level opposition in the Europa league and having an above average game is nothing to suggest he'll do big things. It's odd how many of our fans seem to have a crystal ball into the future and can see Hudson-Odoi cementing a first team place or replacing Hazard in the side. Right now it's too early to tell.

We have had some very talented youth players come through and look just as impressive, but they've gone on to look mediocre at Championship level. By all accounts, Rashford wasn't one of the best youth players at Utd's academy and certainly didn't stand out much, but now look at him. Sometimes it's not always the most impressive players who end up making it at the top level. Harry Kane is another example of that. Average and even unsuccessful loan spells, didn't look great, but came back to Spurs and now is one of the best strikers in Europe. You just can't predict every player who will make it and anybody who says otherwise is lying. 

Also, Musonda. Need I say more. One of the most talented youth players we've had, but now he's a no name. Hasn't lived up to his hype. Can we seriously say Hudson-Odoi is that much better than Charly? I can't confidently say so, no.