Christian Pulisic

the wes

11 minutes ago, the wes said:

I hope we dont put in 70 mil for him (he's not worth that) even thorgan Hazard is having a better season. But I think he is better than willian.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I hope we dont put in 70 mil for him (he's not worth that) even thorgan Hazard is having a better season. But I think he is better than willian.

After how much we paid for Bakayoko and Drinkwater, i honestly stopped caring how much a player cost. 

I am a huge fan of Pulisic, we desperately need more goal scorers in our attack though. Not a solution to what we need. 

Not better than Pedro or Wilian currently and I'd be surprised if he ever reaches either of those players' level. I think for the crazy price he'd flop here.

We need an instant, clear upgrade in this position rather than a prospect/project that will need years to reach his potential.

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not better than Pedro or Wilian currently and I'd be surprised if he ever reaches either of those players' level. I think for the crazy price he'd flop here.

We need an instant, clear upgrade in this position rather than a prospect/project that will need years to reach his potential.

He can't be and won't be any worse than Willian. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Every transfer is a risk, no matter what or who we go for. Forget prices now, the prices are through the roof bonkers but Pulisic is a superb player, better than both Willian and Pedro by an absolute mile.

The quicker people get into their heads we would rather pay big money for players rather than play CHO and RLC's of the world the better.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No denial either.

It's never denial or affirmation, it's a standard reply straight from the PR textbook. Managers always say that, reporting this is just a waste of digital space. It's the same as players saying they have a contract with their current club (no shit sherlock!) and "you never know in football", another line you just know has been drilled into them to make their replies as boring as possible.

19 minutes ago, the wes said:

got Runner up in the Kopa Trophy award for 2018

Pulisic as number 2 and Justin Kluivert as number 3 U21's is a joke by the Kopa voters

pathetic

Pulisic doesnt even start on his own team as an even younger player (Sancho) has benched him

Matthijs de Ligt, Kai Havertz, Dayot Upamecano and now Sancho (plus probably Alexander-Arnold) are all far better than Pulisic and especially Kluivert

and I also think that Ousame Dembele and Gabriel Jesus were eligible (I might be wrong on that)

Pulisic is over-hyped because he is a yank, and Kluivert because of his father (he has ONE GOAL all year for Roma so far ffs)

I am not totally slating either one, but every other player I listed is better as of now (plus obviously Mbappe who is the best player on the planet already or will be next year)

we really should go for Nicolas Pepe for RW (and try to get Bailey on the cheap as well, as he is massively struggling but still has insane talent)

I can actually see this happening. Dortmund are dissatisfied with his progress and have enough players in that position. Also he is the biggest star in US soccer which is ou rmain foreign market so I can definitely see this making sense froma n ecnomic point of view even for 70m. I think he is decent enough but IMO not more talented than e.g. Kenedy or Bertrand Traore (both similar playing style and equally strongly left-footed) who we are/were happy to sell. But we need a RW, a left-footed one would be great too and I can still see him becoming a very good player if given the chance. 

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I can actually see this happening. Dortmund are dissatisfied with his progress and have enough players in that position. Also he is the biggest star in US soccer which is ou rmain foreign market so I can definitely see this making sense froma n ecnomic point of view even for 70m. I think he is decent enough but IMO not more talented than e.g. Kenedy or Bertrand Traore (both similar playing style and equally strongly left-footed) who we are/were happy to sell. But we need a RW, a left-footed one would be great too and I can still see him becoming a very good player if given the chance. 

He is right footed though,

He really fits what Sarri wants though; He is a high energy player that will press and work for the team, technical and one of the best young dribbler in the world, pacy and direct, intelligent and composed player always has his head up and look to make the right pass. I think he is a good fit for what Sarri wants to implement and achieve here. 

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

No. He plays RW as a right-footer. He doesnt often play inverted. 

but every goalscoring wi ger will at some point become an inverted one. Dont think it will be different with pulisic. The way modern football is set up with overlapping fullbacks makes traditional wingers redundant

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

but every goalscoring wi ger will at some point become an inverted one. Dont think it will be different with pulisic. The way modern football is set up with overlapping fullbacks makes traditional wingers redundant

If he is our replacement for Eden at LW we are so fucked. Imagine that the bans do come in. And Pulisic is the only buy before they hit.

We are looking at (until summer 2021)

GK Kepa

GK Bulka (hopefully becomes #2)

CB Rudiger

CB Luiz (shoot me now)

CB Ampadu (insane pressure for him to come good and Luiz, as he further ages into his mid 30's will become unplayable if we want more than to just qualify for EL)

CB AC (who may leave)

LB Alonso (shoot me now)

LB Emerson (who HAS to be started soon)

RB Azpi (a 30yo plus Azpi, who is already a weak Sarriball RB offensively)

RB back up (who knows, Zappacosta will soon demand a transfer, I think it HAS to be Reece James, he looks like a possible superstar BUT Sarri wont play youth)

DH DMF Jorginho

Back up? No one if Cesc goes (maybe Donkeywater!)

Hybrid DH Box to Box  Kante

Back up Donkeywater again? Kovacic I think goes back to RM and may end up (disastrously for us) with the Yids. Maybe Ampadu here?

AMF Barkley/RLC split

Back up Mount? But Sarri wont play youth.

RW Pulisic (Only if we actually buy him)

Backup Moses (if things really go tits up)

LW Willian (shoot me now!)

Back up...... a really ageing Pedro

No CHO, as he leaves due to Sarri refusing to play him

Eden leaves (that's what this is all based on)

If no Pulisic or any other winger buy, then we will have to use Musonda and Moses as backups to Willian and Pedro (if and/or when CHO and Eden leave). Maybe Kenedy instead of Musonda.

CF Morata/Giroud clusterfuck for 2 and a half more years as again, we don't do shit to fix this before bans come down

Back up Abaraham? I think we sell Bats. He looks horrid at Valencia and Sarri thinks he is shit.

THAT team for 2 and half years is staring us dead ahead if we make only one move this January (Pulisic) and then the transfer bans hit. Imagine if we don't even buy Pulisic, literally buy no one, then bans hit. If (he will) Eden leaves along with CHO, we will be lucky to finish in top 7. Sarri will perhaps be sacked by Xmas 2019 (if Eden is sold, then for sure, as we wont be able to buy for 2 years, only other option is let him leave on a free in 2020). He WILL leave if the bans come, as for sure no Europe for 1, probably 2 years as well, as we are repeat offenders.

None of this is a joke, none of this is REMOTELY farfetched. I been warning for ages of a trainwreck, far before I joined this board. I have seen ZERO done to alleviate this. In fact, most of the boards actions have made it far worse.