Christian Pulisic

the wes

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Easing him is one thing but there are people who suggested he should be loaned out!

And those people to put it bluntly dont have a fucking clue. The supercup, Newcastle sub apperance and tonights sub appearance, he made a huge impact in all. 

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Ought to be starting against Burnley

Not too sure I'd throw him in against a physical side like Burnley - away from home at that - but he definitely deserves to start games after his recent impact from the bench. Unfair to judge his starts based on performances from 2 months ago!

Not too sure I'd throw him in against a physical side like Burnley - away from home at that - but he definitely deserves to start games after his recent impact from the bench. Unfair to judge his starts based on performances from 2 months ago!
We don't exactly have a host of options right now and Mount should be dropped/rested at the very least.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Hasn't scored for us but already got 5 assists, this despite his limited playing time. Has more than anyone else in the team right now. 

I don’t care if he scores zero goals as long as he plays like today. We have many players who can score goals - Tammy, Michy, Ruben, Mount, Batshuayi - creating chances like that is a mote unique skill than finishing. If he gets more playing time he can easily finish the season with 15-20 assists, 

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/frank-lampard-chelsea-ajax-pulisic-17136307

Christian Pulisic, does it looked like he's settled now?

"The performance tonight and his last couple of performances off the bench show something of that of course, because he’s come on and made differences.

"In terms of handling him, I basically tried to shut my ears to too much of the outside talk. With a big player, there’s a lot said and if you listen to it all the time, you can wonder what you’re doing.

"I understood the quality of Christian. I understood his young age. He’s just turned 21 recently and it’s a big move for him. And I have other options for him in those areas. Let’s give him full credit.

"He wants to know what I want for him, what the PL is like, what his new team-mates are like, that’s not always going to be an easy road.

"I’ve just stayed calm with it, I see the big picture with him. I want him to be successful at this club because he’s a good lad, he wants to do very well, that’s very clear.
"Acting like he’s acting, training like he’s trained the last two or three weeks, playing like he’s played the last two or three weeks obviously makes me very, very happy."

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Against Burnley is the perfect game for him... they will play a low block more than likely, limiting space in behind so having someone who can take players out of the game is huge. Even more so because he is affecting games. I mean if your worried about the physical side of it I guess Mount and Callum shouldnt play either? They arent much more physical than he is. 

I like how Lampard is bringing Pulisic along slowly. He is showing flashes of what he will be. I am a fan of his, but you have to look at his short comings too. When he gets winded he has a habit of disappearing trying to get his stamina back. He does it often on the US team. He needs to get stronger and more endurance. He does need to play full games to rotate other starters out for rest. I really don't think he is strong enough or has the endurance that CHO and Willian have right now. He can get there, but he is not there right now. Just my opinion.

It will be interesting to see if this story gets legs. I know the US media will beat it to death if there is any truth to Pulisic contacting Barca directly about a transfer.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/10/24/chelsea-transfer-news-pulisic-barcelona-talks/

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/chelsea-christian-pulisic-michy-batshuayi-17143373

Asked if he felt his performance in Amsterdam and at home to Newcastle last Saturday has proven a point, Pulisic said: "I’m never gonna let that [not playing] put me down, I’m going to keep fighting because this is where I want to be. 

"I came here for a reason, I want to be here and I want to make a difference. Whenever I get that opportunity I want to keep working hard."

Lampard has also spoken about the importance of his squad, the need for those who have not been starting regularly to be prepared at every moment. This was the second game in a row where the head coach’s substitutions have changed the game’s dynamic.

“Definitely, he says that all of the time," Pulisic added. "We’re a team, we need every single player on the roster. I’m really happy with how it’s gone.

“We have a great mix of youth and experienced players and I think that’s the reason why we’ve been getting great results lately. I think that’s kind of coming together. We have a great balance."

Of his own performance, Pulisic added: “I was given another opportunity to go in and the manager told me: ‘go in, make an impact, make a difference’ and I’m happy I was able to help a little bit with that.”

The 21-year-old is showing more signs of his potential after an unconvincing start to life at Stamford Bridge. However, he insists that his obstructed path to regular minutes has not dented his confidence.

"I’m never gonna let that put me down by not playing, I’m going to keep fighting because this is where I want to be,” he said. “I came here for a reason, I want to be here and I want to make a difference. Whenever I get that opportunity I want to keep working hard.

“I go in to give absolutely everything and do the best I can with the opportunity I’m given. I’m happy with the short time I was given to make an assist, make a difference. Obviously I want to be on the field.”

The thing I like about pulisic he puts the ball into dangerous areas were our strikers can score from when willian gets into them positions 9 out of 10 times willian picks the wrong choices I can see Pulisic getting alot of assists this season  

Although he's earned it I probably won't start him Vs Burnley purely because I think he will struggle against that type of opponent at the minute.

If I were Lamps I'd call him in the office and tell him he's not starting at Turf Moor but go on to say he will start at Watford.