Christian Pulisic

the wes

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Was Conte really hated? I thought the excuses created for him at one point (second half of second season) in some quarters was only topped by the one's for Torres.

He certainly wasnt loved. Especially around the time Costa was thanked for the "seasono", and the most gutless coaching display ever seen when we didnt even try to do anything against Manchester City. Vast majority on here at least were happy to see the back of him

No matter if he ends up good or not, there will always be "we should have paid 30m more to get Sancho". Because Sancho is also english, will be and is better player and looks like perfect Hazard replacement. 

This comment will likely get alot of hate though.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

No matter if he ends up good or not, there will always be "we should have paid 30m more to get Sancho". Because Sancho is also english, will be and is better player and looks like perfect Hazard replacement. 

Not really because Sancho will sign for us in around 10 months :P

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sancho wasn't available last summer for any price and certainly not on a buy in January to loan back basis like we would have had to do due to the ban.

We may still go for Sancho if/when he becomes available.

7 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Dortmund will laugh at you with 60m bid. For Sancho they will want at least double of that. 

Sancho wasn't available last summer for any price and certainly not on a buy in January to loan back basis like we would have had to do due to the ban.
Players are normally always available at Dortmund for a price. Just look at Dembele as the prime example.

Sancho would command £125m+.

As for Pulisic he reminds me a bit of Loftus before last season.

Not in style (obviously) but in the sense that he has a lot of talent and the idea of him is great but it's currently not really translating into reality.

Hopefully at some point it comes together for Christian like it did for Ruben.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Players are normally always available at Dortmund for a price. Just look at Dembele as the prime example.

Sancho would command £125m+.

Even so, at that point (six months of regular playing time) it would have been crazy to drop that much on him, but I'm still not that convinced they would have sold him so soon (given it looked like he was dragging them to the title at the point we went for Christian) and even if they would, I don't think he would have left, certainly not for us at a time the uncertainty around his best mate Odoi was at it's peak.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

Players are normally always available at Dortmund for a price. Just look at Dembele as the prime example

Indeed but Dembele has sure gone off the rails at Barcelona.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Sancho would command £125m+

With that ugly beard of his, he’s not even worth that much! :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As for Pulisic he reminds me a bit of Loftus before last season.

Not in style (obviously) but in the sense that he has a lot of talent and the idea of him is great but it's currently not really translating into reality.

Hopefully at some point it comes together for Christian like it did for Ruben.

It’s unfortunate that he has that price tag hanging over him. He hasn’t set the world alight yet but the effort is there, the quality is there and you can see what he brings to the team and what he tries to do. It’s just like you said, it hasn’t quite clicked for him yet. The perception of him would be different if he had come from the academy. 

Even so, at that point (six months of regular playing time) it would have been crazy to drop that much on him, but I'm still not that convinced they would have sold him so soon (given it looked like he was dragging them to the title at the point we went for Christian) and even if they would, I don't think he would have left, certainly not for us at a time the uncertainty around his best mate Odoi was at it's peak.

I'm not disagreeing with your point and personally still ain't sold. However, he has plenty of opportunities to impress, none more so than the Euros (partly on home soil).

Indeed but Dembele has sure gone off the rails at Barcelona.

He hasn't been able to cope mentally with the massive jump in a relatively short time.

Guy's living like a student according to reports (gaming all night & turning up to things late or not at all).

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

And 60m on bvb bench warmer wasnt crazy?

30 minutes ago, communicate said:

Dortmund will laugh at you with 60m bid. For Sancho they will want at least double of that. 

Thats why I said 90m :) Sancho is now obviously worth more, but back then we could pull something off.

37 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not really because Sancho will sign for us in around 10 months :P

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Id love that but even if we wanted, he is worth 120-150m now. Even with the cash we have (likely we will rival real, barca, psg, city after we couldnt spend much due to ban), I dont see us pulling this deal. Not with Odoi and Pulisic already at the club. 

We simply missed this train, but maybe he ends up here by some miracle.

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Id love that but even if we wanted, he is worth 120-150m now. Even with the cash we have (likely we will rival real, barca, psg, city after we couldnt spend much due to ban), I dont see us pulling this deal. Not with Odoi and Pulisic already at the club. 

We simply missed this train, but maybe he ends up here by some miracle.

If it's between us and United I think we could do it. We clearly have a much clearer direction going forward than United, Jadon is best mates with Callum and was a Chelsea fan as a kid.

Hopefully he will look at his peers all coming through here and say "I want to play with them and make history with them".

However if Pep let's go of his usual stubbornness (not giving a player another chance to play for him if they reject him once) or worse Real and Barca knock hard we will face an uphill battle.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

And 60m on bvb bench warmer wasnt crazy?

Thats why I said 90m :) Sancho is now obviously worth more, but back then we could pull something off.

But dortmund didn't want to sell him unless of course we gave them crazy money. They will say no for 90 m. 

I like Sancho, where do you think you want to play him. 

CHO - Tammy - Sancho 

Mount - Kante - RLC

Emerson-tomori-rudiger-james

Look absolutely mouthwatering but mount playing deeper, I don't know. 

I think Sancho will end up at United or psg (if neymar is gone) . This is just me. 

Rasford - Martial - Sancho 

MF - Pogba

Mctominay 

LB - Mcguire - lindelof - awb

Man that is one expensive team to build though. They need a really good lb that will stay fit, a really good MF like kante. That is 200 - 250 m with Sancho, and they have spent 150 m + this season alone. 

I am new to this forum as I am a Dortmund fan (sorry) and I was browsing this because being an American, I wanted to get a sense of how Pulisic was being viewed.  I created an account to clear up one somewhat glaring misconception.  I read over and over that Puli was "benched" in favor of Sancho at Dortmund.  That is simply not accurate.  He had an injury and it took a long time for him to return to form.  But when he did return to form at the end of last season, he became a regular starter again.  Recall that last year the Bundesliga title race went down to the last weekend, so that every game was potentially critical.  Puli started all three of the last games.  Dortmund made clear they were trying to bring him back slow which is why his time was limited for a while.

That being said, his history at Dortmund is still a cause for concern. I remember a few years ago, Pato burst on the scene at AC Milan, and he was tagged as a future Player of the Year winner.  However, he was derailed by a series of minor injuries that most players bounce back from fairly quickly, never to be seen on the international stage again.  The fact that Puli took so long to recover his form at Dortmund raises the specter that he might be another Pato--prone to injury and less able to recover.    

Right now,I think his biggest problem is people like me.  Here I am, a Dortmund fan, lurking about on a Chelsea fan forum just because one american plays there.  Unlike other nations, Puli is virtually the sole focus of attention, and the pressure for him to be the savior of American soccer football is immense.  I cant help but wonder if that is getting to him as other than the Super Cup, he has been more tentative and played with less enthusiasm, than he ever was at Dortmund.