Christian Pulisic

the wes

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Well didnt people want to see him play this season? In a 433 with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic as the 3 in MF, there is no other position for him than a wide one. 

The funny thing is that Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic are defensive players. Mount would be great there, but I expect RLC to be the player that gives us more space and speed in midfield just like last season

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Well didnt people want to see him play this season? In a 433 with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic as the 3 in MF, there is no other position for him than a wide one. 

Yeah but never expected Mount to suddenly play out wide. He was playing in the No.10 role earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Yeah but never expected Mount to suddenly play out wide. He was playing in the No.10 role earlier in the season.

True but I still think 4231 isnt as good a fit as 433. When Ruben comes back he will be in midfield too and Mount will still probably be playing as a wide 10.

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

True but I still think 4231 isnt as good a fit as 433. When Ruben comes back he will be in midfield too and Mount will still probably be playing as a wide 10.

(1) It depends on whether Ruben can stay fit and have the stamina to play consecutive matches and (2) Ruben and Mount playing on the same side might not exactly work from a tactical POV, with both potentially occupying the same space going forward. 

(1) It depends on whether Ruben can stay fit and have the stamina to play consecutive matches and (2) Ruben and Mount playing on the same side might not exactly work from a tactical POV, with both potentially occupying the same space going forward. 
I understand what you're saying...but disagree. Theoretically, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, even KDB you could argue "occupying the same space". But practically it doesn't cause them many problems. Intelligent players figure it out and interchange well. Ruben is also a deeper player than mount should be at this point. Ruben is at his best box to box. Mount is currently better higher up. That may change, and I have no doubt they'll be competing for the same/similar positions in the future, but they can play together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Although I didn't expect him to get zero minutes this week I did say he needed to be took out of the firing line a bit.

He was great Vs Liverpool and all right against Norwich but against Leicester and Sheffield United to say he was largely anonymous is being kind.

Remember when Conte kept playing 21 year old Christensen through his shit spell only to damage him further? 

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Please tell me this is a joke?

No Im pretty serious. He's not at a level wheres hes ready for us. His price tag was based on potential.

The same people begging to see him on here will slag him off as soon as he proves why he isnt playing right now. Hell, I remember Kalou getting the treatment on here when he was, at that point, at a higher level skill wise than Pulisic is right now. He'd be set up for failure if he was forced out there right now, and that would be bad for all parties involved.

No Im pretty serious. He's not at a level wheres hes ready for us. His price tag was based on potential.

The same people begging to see him on here will slag him off as soon as he proves why he isnt playing right now. Hell, I remember Kalou getting the treatment on here when he was, at that point, at a higher level skill wise than Pulisic is right now. He'd be set up for failure if he was forced out there right now, and that would be bad for all parties involved.

The club didn't envisage paying such a fee to loan him out to a lesser side after buying him from a top side. Pulisic started playing for Dortmund's first team at 16 IIRC, so he's either ready to put a fight up considering those infront of him or intent on going back to Germany.

Saying he's not ready really doesn't cut it for me. We have bloody Mount & Abraham who only had Championship/Eredivisie experience prior & are now starting on the regular.

He will have the RW spot on lock down by the end of the season. But people who can't see why he is being benched just need to see his games and performances with us so far. It's a tough league and young players need time to acclimatize which Frank is rightly affording him. 

I expect him to come through, but not at the moment. 

5 hours ago, Miguelito said:

I understand what you're saying...but disagree. Theoretically, Bernardo Silva, David Silva, even KDB you could argue "occupying the same space". But practically it doesn't cause them many problems. Intelligent players figure it out and interchange well. Ruben is also a deeper player than mount should be at this point. Ruben is at his best box to box. Mount is currently better higher up. That may change, and I have no doubt they'll be competing for the same/similar positions in the future, but they can play together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Contrary to popular belief, Pep is a very2 rigid manager. His team playing like robot, so when KDB and Bernardo silva playing at the same side (They won't occupy the same space if one is playing on the left and one on the right) and when Bernardo is asked to play on the wing, he will stay wide as possible and it allow KDB to play inside. So no they don't occupy the same space.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Our midfield is giving a major headache. Only Kante has any sense of defensive mindset and the rest are just awful in defensive situations. We almost have to compromise with our selections. If only we hadn't loaned Ampadu out...

My question to you Jason, what quality will pulisic bring to our team? 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

My question to you Jason, what quality will pulisic bring to our team? 

Pace, directness, off the ball runs, ability to beat players 1 v 1. You look at yesterday's team and barring Abraham and maybe Mount, everyone likes to come to the ball, likes to have the ball at their feet and go from there. There was hardly enough threat to take advantage of the space Liverpool were giving to us at back. We have seen glimpses of what Pulisic can do when he has space to operate in, notably against RB Salzburg in pre-season and Liverpool in the Super Cup. Now, I'm not saying we would have 100% drawn or won the game yesterday and I know our sub options got limited due to the injuries, but he would have given us something different upfront if he had come on. Moreover, he works hard, can press the opposition but the thing that's majorly holding him back right now is the physicality of the league, which he's struggled to cope with. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Pace, directness, off the ball runs, ability to beat players 1 v 1. You look at yesterday's team and barring Abraham and maybe Mount, everyone likes to come to the ball, likes to have the ball at their feet and go from there. There was hardly enough threat to take advantage of the space Liverpool were giving to us at back. We have seen glimpses of what Pulisic can do when he has big space to operate in, notably against RB Salzburg in pre-season and Liverpool in the Super Cup. Now, I'm not saying we would have 100% drawn or won the game yesterday and I know our sub options got limited due to the injuries, but he would have given us something different upfront if he had come on. Moreover, he works hard, can press the opposition but the thing that's majorly holding him back right now is the physicality of the league, which he's struggled to cope with. 

I think you want somebody who make run behind. That mean you have to drop mount otherwise it is going to be very imbalance. At the same time, Mount has produced and at this point he is kinda lamp favorite player so it is difficult. 

If you play him over Willian, and he keep making run behind, somebody need to drop. Tammy is a striker, Mount will be ineffective deeper. So he will drop and play Willian role

3 hours ago, communicate said:

I think you want somebody who make run behind. That mean you have to drop mount otherwise it is going to be very imbalance. At the same time, Mount has produced and at this point he is kinda lamp favorite player so it is difficult. 

If you play him over Willian, and he keep making run behind, somebody need to drop. Tammy is a striker, Mount will be ineffective deeper. So he will drop and play Willian role

Probably been the right thing against Liverpool and Wolves who are two of the best drilled teams in the league with regards to counter attacking and making use of spaces left.

However, I think you can afford to play with Pulisic as a winger higher up the pitch in some of our games coming up if we either played with wing backs or played with the 3 in midfield we had yesterday because either of those two formations should give a better balance and platform for the attacking players to operate higher up the pitch. The likes of Mount and Pulisic are hardly like Hazard either, they will be more than willing to put the hard yards in when defending.

Pulisic just needs time. He has some very appealing attributes, namely his pace and ability and willingness to run in behind. From what I've seen too, he looks a decent finisher when in those positions and I think could become a very important weapon for us but he needs time to adapt to the pace and power of the league. Just because of the money we paid for him it's easy to forget just how young and raw he is. 

You only have to look at yesterday's opponents, Klopp ignored the clamour for Robertson and Fabinho to be chucked in immediately and gave both ample time to acclimatise (in Robertson's case the way Klopp wanted to play and in Fabinho's case both Klopp's way and adapt to the English game). He kept both out of the firing line and made sure they were ready.