Christian Pulisic

the wes

1 minute ago, Robchels said:

Well you get arguments from every side there. He still ruptured his achilles tho, so perhaps he just wasn’t ready to play a lot then? Sarri was a good manager who in my book had more rights than wrongs. I was surprised by his take on the game even if perhaps did not have the players for it.

Well, his injury was kinda unlucky as it came from a goal kick.

Thing is the 4231 is a shambles. The change of formations has been better, 343 or 433.

But mount is Frank's man. So he moves wide to accommodate the extra defender or midfielder rather than be dropped.

This means Pulisic is going up against Mount, CHO, Pedro and Willian for 2 spots!

He's fucked this season unless frank gives him a chance and sticks with him for a few games in a row. He needs the same opportunity and patience as mount, Abraham and tomori have been given.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If Lampard doesn't see Pulisic as first choice right now and Pedro is ahead of him, then I see no point to even risk the latter in a League Cup game. 

Pedro potentially not playing 3 games in a row (don't expect him to start against Brighton)?

Spreading game time seems like the logical option. We don't want to thrust players in going by our dreadful injury record thus far.

Just now, Jason said:

Well, his injury was kinda unlucky as it came from a goal kick.

Not sure... achiles usually suggests a weakness there, often from overplaying, which is relative of course. He played little early on then a lot all of the sudden. Perhaps his body just wasn’t used to that yet.

if the club and frank are doing some specific work with pulisic, they cannot publicly say it. So, it’s hard for us to know whether what frank says is really all there is to it.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Pedro potentially not playing 3 games in a row (don't expect him to start against Brighton)?

Spreading game time seems like the logical option. We don't want to thrust players in going by our dreadful injury record thus far.

Maybe he will? We have Lille in the Champions League after Brighton. A bit perplexed by Lampard's obsession with Willian so far and is Mount really gonna be a wide player now? :carlo: 

6 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Thing is the 4231 is a shambles. The change of formations has been better, 343 or 433.

But mount is Frank's man. So he moves wide to accommodate the extra defender or midfielder rather than be dropped.

This means Pulisic is going up against Mount, CHO, Pedro and Willian for 2 spots!

He's fucked this season unless frank gives him a chance and sticks with him for a few games in a row. He needs the same opportunity and patience as mount, Abraham and tomori have been given.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Our midfield is giving a major headache. Only Kante has any sense of defensive mindset and the rest are just awful in defensive situations. We almost have to compromise with our selections. If only we hadn't loaned Ampadu out...

Maybe he will? We have Lille in the Champions League after Brighton. A bit perplexed by Lampard's obsession with Willian so far and is Mount really gonna be a wide player now? :carlo: 

Willian starting says all you need to know about how Lampard views our other options. 

Seems like the "youngsters" are going to be almost untouchable unless for injury. This sort of favouritism is something I hate with a passion.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Waiting to see when Mount has a dip in form...

It´s not like Pulisic is this world class player that would destroy Liverpool. He was not good enough for Dortmund. Mount presses way better than Pulisic and he has more physicality. I would be happy if Mount would work on his creativity though. We do not have creative players right now. Jorginho is not able to make those fabrepasses,even though he sometimes sees the right passes.

15 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

It´s not like Pulisic is this world class player that would destroy Liverpool. He was not good enough for Dortmund. Mount presses way better than Pulisic and he has more physicality.

Not sure why you went there when that wasn't even the point to begin with. In any case, I'd say Mount has the benefit of having worked with Lampard already for a season and wouldn't say Pulisic is bad at pressing either considering he came from a Dortmund side who adopts that approach. The major thing he needs to improve is his physical strength.

17 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would be happy if Mount would work on his creativity though. We do not have creative players right now. Jorginho is not able to make those fabrepasses,even though he sometimes sees the right passes.

Can you blame Mount? If he's being played on one side and Willian on the other, there's practically only Abraham up front to make those forwards. Everyone else want the ball at their feet. 

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Makes no sense when he has had no minutes once again.

He's not good enough yet.

If we didnt have the transfer ban, in a perfect world, he would have been loaned out to a premier league side to learn how to place in this league.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Well didnt people want to see him play this season? In a 433 with Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic as the 3 in MF, there is no other position for him than a wide one.