• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Change of tactics or formation etc. If we dont have the players, we have to adapt. Azpi, Kante, Alonso etc all look much worse compared to last season.

All due to this new Sarriball that isnt even working. 

I would gladly drop Alonso, but right now it wont happen. Conte had limited squad and he made changes that won us the title. 

Its absolutely pointless to accomodate whole team just so that one player (Jorginho) plays his role, even if he is doing well. 

Im not saying we should just instantly drop him or whatever, but longterm if this isnt working whats the point? 

At the end I dont care if we play possession football or more defensive. As long there is visible progress and it suits the players we have.

Right now sarriball looks extremely forced. Kante out of his place, Azpi and Alonso who are nowhere near good in attack for Sarriball. Hazard in false 9 role etc. 

If the board saw it right to spend 60m on Jorginho, they better be prepared to support Sarri with new LB and striker that fits this system. Otherwise it makes no sense. 

So apparently your real gripe isn't with Jorginho, it's with Sarri and the board.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf Klopp and Pep were insistent with their styles/philosophies and didnt get results at first but got there eventually with major upgrades more than being 'flexible". I mean Pep spent about 350m on full backs, centre backs and goalkeepers while keeping the same philosophy because the previous ones werent for his philosophy. Klopp spent big money on van Dijk, Alisson, Salah, Keita, Mane etc too. If City and Liverpool can give them a season or 2 to break in then why cant we? At least the club and Sarri have recognised our attack is letting us down. It is about time they do something about it.

Guardiola/Klopp may have insisted with his philosophy but at least he's not so stubborn to stick with the same formation or players and expect things to fall his way. With Sarri? It's do-or-die with his 4-3-3 and his group of favorite players. 

It's true that Guardiola/Klopp had the money to spend to perfect their squad but Sarri won't get that here. We aren't going to spend 300-400 million on players and make this squad his. So, if that's the case and he has players that aren't suited to his way of playing, shouldn't he then find ways to maximize the players' talent in a compatible system, rather than try forcing players that are incompatible to his? Conte once said that "every coach must be a very good tailor and adapt his beliefs to the human material he has available" but Sarri is doing the opposite and we're seeing horrendous performances and bad results.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

The problem we face is if we miss out on top 4... we lose Hazard and then we have more problems to solve.

Said it earlier, that scenario means fuck all if Real don't come calling for Hazard. 

5 minutes ago, Robchels said:

How is he more inflexible than guardiola? Because he does not start Emerson ? :) 

how do you know guardiola would start him or even have him in the roster? Maybe sarri thinks very little of Emerson (not his player) and so would guardiola.

because he does not give minutes to CHO? Again how do you know guardiola would give minutes to a 18yo who does not impress him in practice and in the few minutes he plays?

sorry I don’t think the squads are remotely comparable.

Who's talking only about the squads? 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Said it earlier, that scenario means fuck all if Real don't come calling for Hazard. 

They could get him on a cheaper deal if he forces the move though. Why wouldn't Real want to take a player of his quality on a cut price. Eden holds all the cards.

Just now, manpe said:

So apparently your real gripe isn't with Jorginho, it's with Sarri and the board.

Yup, I said before :D

Im willing to stick with Sarri but so far its just not working. Jorginho would be victim of circumstances if he was dropped, but the real culprits would be board and Sarri. Either we should continue Conte football and bring 1,2 players or get Sarri that would require 6 new players. 

Now we play Sarriball, but without proper players. We need to get players that fit this style or drop Jorginho, Sarriball and do the best we can with current lot. With Sarri or without.

That said Sarriball would always take at least two seasons to make some noise. But the current state is beyond worrying. I expected we will have problems with results, but play wise I thought our attack will be way more fluid and our defense full of holes. Similar to Klopp in Pool. That way you can work things out eventually. With us however, there are so many problems that its hard to see benefits of Sarriball at all. Bottom line, even when Klopp had shit defense and kept losing, their team was showing promise when they pushed forward. Entertaining football. What do we have? Possession on possession with zero creativity and end product. Its like the worst possible football style. Even gold Mourinho or Conte ball was more interesting because oppont obliterated us, but we survived and won.

And the worst part is that we actualy played well in august and september. With the very same players. So its not just down to bringing new lb or striker. Why? IMO Jorginho isnt as influental, Hazard is not as good and Sarri doesnt rotate one bit. 

1 minute ago, DDA said:

They could get him on a cheaper deal if he forces the move though. Why wouldn't Real want to take a player of his quality on a cut price. Eden holds all the cards.

True, the cut price would be a factor but he still might cost them a lot and if one of Neymar/Mbappe is available, pretty certain Real will go for one of the two rather than Hazard. Hazard will have nowhere to go if Real don't come for him.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

True, the cut price would be a factor but he still might cost them a lot and if one of Neymar/Mbappe is available, pretty certain Real will go for one of the two rather than Hazard. Hazard will have nowhere to go if Real don't come for him.

Wolves?

Sounds like we were robbed by the linesman again.

I know its like clutching at straws, but when you face a team that just sits and parks the bus, even one chance like that can go a long way.

Plus, I hate it when linesman make decisions in favor of the defending team in close call situations.

Cowardly approach, for the cowardly style of football favored by majority of the teams in this league today. That's why they won't bring in VAR for things like this.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Sounds like we were robbed by the linesman again.

I know its like clutching at straws, but when you face a team that just sits and parks the bus, even once chance like that can go a long way.

Plus, I hate it when linesman make decisions in favor of the defending team in close call situations.

Cowardly approach, for the cowardly style of football favored by majority of the teams in this league today.

It's a disgusting truth that 80% of the teams in the Prem play against us with the sytle Mourinho introduced to us. Karma.

Just now, DDA said:

It's a disgusting truth that 80% of the teams in the Prem play against us with the sytle Mourinho introduced to us. Karma.

Yeah that's true.

And apparently, the entertainment factor comes from the small team sticking it to the big team, even if it means a 0-0. Nothing to do with scoring goals.

Anyway, we kept a clean sheet. I'm grateful for that.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:19 AM, Stats said:

We like to do cat and mouse with Arsenal so I am expecting dropped points. For some weird reason, we don't like developing more than a 3 point gap over Arsenal for long.

JINX!

And few games ago, we were 11 (ELEVEN!) points clear of United. Now, only 6 and they're starting to bang in the goals! :doh: :rant: Thankfully(?), they go to Spurs next...