• Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

1 minute ago, milan.cech said:

Is it really a scenario? Is it in the rules? I remember us doing this thing to Tottenham back in 2012 but I thought They had changed since then. And I remember Man United winning the EL under Mourinho and 5 English clubs in the next season.

So just wondering here….

I think the rules have changed for just one winner (outside the top four) but if both win their respective comps with us in 4th, were done for!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tomo said:

I think the rules have changed for just one winner (outside the top four) but if both win their respective comps with us in 4th, were done for!

Ah ok. So one of them winning the thing is all right for us as long as we finish 4th. Stranger things happened, though lol.

1 hour ago, milan.cech said:

Is it really a scenario? Is it in the rules? I remember us doing this thing to Tottenham back in 2012 but I thought They had changed since then. And I remember Man United winning the EL under Mourinho and 5 English clubs in the next season.

So just wondering here….

The only way 4th place misses out on the CL is if both the CL and EL winners are EPL clubs that finish outside the top 4.

If either Manure or Arse or CFC win the EL (and are not in top 4), then the EPL sends 5 to the CL

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

If we lose our CL spot next season i think it will be because they win the European competitions with us in 4th, which would be awful.

I dont think we are guaranteed top 4 and will lose because Arsenal or United will wins the European competitions. 

We are very much in the same league this season like that of Arsenal and United (in fact United will pick up now because they will get their basics right) ... I dont see Sarri evolving and that will push us back. Yes we will keep winning the occasionally big games and mite go on a winning run which will be great for our prospect but feel consistency will be lacking.   

26 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The only way 4th place misses out on the CL is if both the CL and EL winners are EPL clubs that finish outside the top 4.

If either Manure or Arse or CFC win the EL (and are not in top 4), then the EPL sends 5 to the CL

Yes, it was already explained...

2 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Ah ok. So one of them winning the thing is all right for us as long as we finish 4th. Stranger things happened, though lol.

Imagine!! Know when the draw was made Man U looked out of it but who knows now..  And Arsenal are just weird.

We just need to keep winning and not get silly with results. That be so annoying if we slid down