• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud
    • Morata (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Good win and thoroughly deserved. Dominated that game. MOTM is a tough one. For me it has to be out of Luiz, Kante and Jorginho. All three were top class. Luiz won everything in the air and that assist was just top class. If Van Dijk put in that performance today, you would hear all about it but because it is Luiz, this won't be discussed much. He was literally sensational. Kante was back to being Kante. Recovering possession and making constant interceptions. Jorginho was class. Dictated that game and not sure if he missed a pass. Sensational. We have the most clean sheets in the league after Liverpool in the league with 9. Quite impressive and more than City now too. 5 points ahead of Arsenal and only 2 points behind Spurs with our next 2 games, ones we should be winning comfortably at home too. We should make the top 4 chances more secure. Nice way to end the year.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

This is nothing like Conte-ball at all under Sarri. Second half of last season we would regularly allow even small teams to dominate the run of play for large stretches of games. We often had no clue whatsoever positionally. Under Sarri, the ball retention, the pressing, the winning of the ball back, and the positions our players take up to receive the ball and form passing triangles is miles better than it's ever been.

The problem is we have literally one player in attack that scares anyone. Giroud is a good backup option but when he starts like today and has two CB focused in on him it's very difficult. When Morata plays he's soft as butter. Willian scores once every 15 matches it feels like. Pedro is clinical when he gets a good sight at goal but that doesn't happen often enough. Both Kovacic and Barkley seem scared to shoot most of the time.

Compare this to Liverpool, City, Spuds, and even Arse who each have at least THREE attackers who teams worry about,

Our issue goes beyond our forwards, we have a very stale midfield lack the creativity to break teams open. City has the creativity of David and Bernardo Silva, Liverpool has a hard working midfield but they compensate that with two really good FB that exploit team out wide. And City have good FB when healthy.

We lack the creativity in midfield to break team open, we have absolutely no threat from our FB to stretch the opposition. 

Sarri has to make hard to choices to fix those issues, and quite frankly i am not confident. The fact that Alonso has been dog shit for so long, and he has not even given Emerson a single start league play tells me a lot. 

44 minutes ago, mccg said:

I'm sure Spurs + Arsenal would have taken a win over a "horrendous" lol performance (not considering palace took 7/9 last 3 games,nor a london derby, nor xmas period madness and away  lol is a wee bit of footie ignorance on your behalf imho )

If you think narrowly scrapping a win against crystal is an indication of progress than I’m afraid you’re the one who is in denial. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that if you block hazard our entire attacking tempo goes flat. The Premier League has become extremely competitive and unpredictable these past couple of seasons. As I said before I’m happy with the 3 points but I’m not going delude my self and assume that everything is back on track. Changes need to be made in order for us to go to the next level and compete for the league. If you’re content with reaching top four like spurs fans every season that’s your point of view. 

36 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

If you think narrowly scrapping a win against crystal is an indication of progress than I’m afraid you’re the one who is in denial. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that if you block hazard our entire attacking tempo goes flat. The Premier League has become extremely competitive and unpredictable these past couple of seasons. As I said before I’m happy with the 3 points but I’m not going delude my self and assume that everything is back on track. Changes need to be made in order for us to go to the next level and compete for the league. If you’re content with reaching top four like spurs fans every season that’s your point of view. 

Don't think i mentioned anything about progress if u read my comment doh ,  obvious u and other youngsters on this site havn't followed CFC for long enough(alot of dodgy xmas results) or not played football seriously to know about the physical and mental side of playing alot of games in quick succession . You and many others are fucking deluded if you thought we were going to win the league this season, my view... if Hazard stays ...Sarri stays... and we don't get a transfer ban... i expect us to b changeling for everything next season, if Sarri and the board strengthen big time in most areas , that on here  ,we think we need pimping up big time. Top 4 this year , win a Cup or 2 if your not content with that , go back to your bedroom and stick on your vr helmet!

Ok couple of things I need to address regarding your idiotic comment: 

1- if you have any modicum intelligence and bothered to read my post, I said getting top 4 is our priority this season, and challenging for the title next season. I never once implied we are title contenders, but I suppose that went over your head.

2- who the hell are you to dictate who are and who are not genuine Chelsea fans. I’ve been supporting Chelsea for 18 years since the days of ken bates, watching players like Zola, Hasselbaink, Jesper Grønkjær, and Dennis Wise. I’ve seen the good times and bad times of Chelsea, and I don’t need someone like you to tell me how to be a Chelsea supporter. Here is a friendly advise mccg, don’t make assumptions and generalizations about people you don’t even know, because you’ll wind up embarrassing yourself. If my comment in any way triggered you, go cry in a corner

Sarri colud be compared to Conte, he at least tried to play something from the back... but to compare this to Mourinho's team, with Azpi LB and Ivanović at RB, with no clear possesion game at all.

I mean, you know Palace couldn't create chances in big part because we kept the ball for such long periods? It's not like this great possesion doesn't bring anything, even without penetration.

To me it's clear that Giroud and Willian are not high level players, and you can't expect miracles with them. You could literally see Willian ruining the attacks when he should be the first one to ease burden on Eden. And Giroud not even winning arial duels, misplacing passes (things he is known for).

Also, 4-3-3 should be formation in which main goal threat are wingers (and striker ofc), with midfield providing control, so don't be so harsh on them. Be harsh on Willian and strikers. Even on he-is-not-fast-but-at-least-he-scores Alonso.

I am content with Sarri so far, I would prefer more flexibility, less Alonso and Willian in our team, but he added many many good, MODERN things to our game.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Don't think i mentioned anything about progress if u read my comment doh ,  obvious u and other youngsters on this site havn't followed CFC for long enough(alot of dodgy xmas results) or not played football seriously to know about the physical and mental side of playing alot of games in quick succession . You and many others are fucking deluded if you thought we were going to win the league this season, my view... if Hazard stays ...Sarri stays... and we don't get a transfer ban... i expect us to b changeling for everything next season, if Sarri and the board strengthen big time in most areas , that on here  ,we think we need pimping up big time. Top 4 this year , win a Cup or 2 if your not content with that , go back to your bedroom and stick on your vr helmet!

1- if you have any modicum intelligence and bothered to read my post, I said getting top 4 is our priority this season, and challenging for the title next season. I never once implied we are title contenders, but I suppose that went over your head.

2- who the hell are you to dictate who are and who are not genuine Chelsea fans. I’ve been supporting Chelsea for 18 years since the days of ken bates, watching players like Zola, Hasselbaink, Jesper Grønkjær, and Dennis Wise. I’ve seen the good times and bad times of Chelsea, and I don’t need someone like you to tell me how to be a Chelsea supporter. Here is a friendly advise mccg, don’t make assumptions and generalizations about people you don’t even know, because you’ll wind up embarrassing yourself. If my comment in any way triggered you, go cry in a corner

Never mind about all that, there must have been some racist chanting in the away end.

After all, all the recent allegations have been 100% true and backed up with bans and fines, not just quietly forgotten.

Thank god for Kick it Out, and that it's not just ex footballers  that need some justification to stay on high salaries.

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Never mind about all that, there must have been some racist chanting in the away end.

After all, all the recent allegations have been 100% true and backed up with bans and fines, not just quietly forgotten.

Thank god for Kick it Out, and that it's not just ex footballers  that need some justification to stay on high salaries.

I don't get why the Spurs guy only got a the fine yet a 4 year ban and no major fuss made about it. I know he said he meant nothing but you can't deny that incident or misread it or anything. 

1 hour ago, fmsch24 said:

I was responding to your sad comment after CFC winning the game and 3 pts "If you think narrowly scrapping a win against crystal is an indication of progress than I’m afraid you’re the one who is in denial. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that if you block hazard our entire attacking tempo goes flat. The Premier League has become extremely competitive and unpredictable these past couple of seasons. As I said before I’m happy with the 3 points but I’m not going delude my self and assume that everything is back on track. Changes need to be made in order for us to go to the next level and compete for the league. If you’re content with reaching top four like spurs fans every season that’s your point of view" not any other comment , and the way u responded point 1 point 2 lol ,and the fact u had to count the exact years  lol , keep 1 hand clapping in your room , CFC can do without your kind of support! Are u name calling already on this forum?

7 hours ago, mccg said:

I was responding to your sad comment after CFC winning the game and 3 pts "If you think narrowly scrapping a win against crystal is an indication of progress than I’m afraid you’re the one who is in denial. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to come to the conclusion that if you block hazard our entire attacking tempo goes flat. The Premier League has become extremely competitive and unpredictable these past couple of seasons. As I said before I’m happy with the 3 points but I’m not going delude my self and assume that everything is back on track. Changes need to be made in order for us to go to the next level and compete for the league. If you’re content with reaching top four like spurs fans every season that’s your point of view" not any other comment , and the way u responded point 1 point 2 lol ,and the fact u had to count the exact years  lol , keep 1 hand clapping in your room , CFC can do without your kind of support! Are u name calling already on this forum?

“ Obvious u and other youngsters havn’t followed CFC for long enough” I believe you made that comment mccg. That’s the reason why I mentioned my years of support, since you assumed I was a new Chelsea supporter. I’m open to constructive criticism and debate regarding Chelsea, but when you make condescending remarks and constantly use lol like a child, I figured that’s the kind response you’re accustomed  to. Unlike you I respect other people’s point of view, and realize at the end of the day despite our differences in opinion we’re Chelsea supporters and care about Chelsea’s success. If that bothers you in some way than that’s a sad day for you.

12 hours ago, fmsch24 said:

Liverpool also "scraped" a win against Palace and City were beat by them. While i accept this wasn't the best performance ever we were probably a lot more comfortable in general play than any other team will be at Selhurst this season.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Liverpool also "scraped" a win against Palace and City were beat by them. While i accept this wasn't the best performance ever we were probably a lot more comfortable in general play than any other team will be at Selhurst this season.

Fair point. I guess I’m a little anxious because the margins of getting top 4 is very thin. Even though Arsenal lost form the’re still 5 points behind. Manchester United are rejuvenated under OGS. I guess we’ll have to take each game as it comes and hope for the best.

21 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

Fair point. I guess I’m a little anxious because the margins of getting top 4 is very thin. Even though Arsenal lost form the’re still 5 points behind. Manchester United are rejuvenated under OGS. I guess we’ll have to take each game as it comes and hope for the best.

I don't think either have enough to overhaul us tbh, Arsenal because they aren't good enough and United because they are too far behind.

If we lose our CL spot next season i think it will be because they win the European competitions with us in 4th, which would be awful.

14 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

I know he said he meant nothing but you can't deny that incident or misread it or anything. 

Yes pressure from the media for the club  to ''do something''.

The only certainty was that he wasn't prosecuted by the Met for saying 'black cunt' as there was no proof

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I don't think either have enough to overhaul us tbh, Arsenal because they aren't good enough and United because they are too far behind.

If we lose our CL spot next season i think it will be because they win the European competitions with us in 4th, which would be awful.

I completely forgot about that possibility. Hopefully that scenario doesn’t happen. You’re right I think we are the better team. All we have to do is build our confidence. I genuinely believe Sarri will take Chelsea forward with his tactics, just needs a little like klopp and pep. On a side not I’m happy Spurs lost, to me them winning the league is a doomsday scenario 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Is it really a scenario? Is it in the rules? I remember us doing this thing to Tottenham back in 2012 but I thought They had changed since then. And I remember Man United winning the EL under Mourinho and 5 English clubs in the next season.

So just wondering here….