Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Who am I?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3042408/ : Benjamin, a young German computer whiz, is invited to join a subversive hacker group that wants to be noticed on the world's stage.

I thought acting was not really good but the story is interesting and directing (camera work, visual effects etc.) is well done, worth watching.

Inside Out. Truly another Pixar masterpiece - bold, fun, colorful and most importantly, heart warming. Represents everything that's great about them. In fact, it's as good as Up, if not even better. The last 10 minutes absolutely nailed it. Deserves to win the Academy Award and Oscar.

9.5/10.

Red Beard (1965): 8.5/10

another fantastic movie from the master himself

sad thing is most younger people don't even know who he is

and he only received one honorary award in his lifetime, lol

without him there would be no Star Wars, no spaghetti westerns...

he influenced so many modern directors: Spielberg, George Lucas, Scorsese, Coppola...

fun fact: Spielberg, Lucas and Scorsese raised money for him to complete his movie "Kagemusha" in 1980

2s9ccyd.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Red Beard (1965): 8.5/10

another fantastic movie from the master himself

sad thing is most younger people don't even know who he is

and he only received one honorary award in his lifetime, lol

without him there would be no Star Wars, no spaghetti westerns...

he influenced so many modern directors: Spielberg, George Lucas, Scorsese, Coppola...

fun fact: Spielberg, Lucas and Scorsese raised money for him to complete his movie "Kagemusha" in 1980

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Kurosawa is awesome. Whats your favorite? I particulary liked Kagemusha, Dersu Uzala and Hidden Fortress.If you're into Japanese cinema I can also recommend films by Yasujiro Ozu. though they are very different from Kurosawa's.

Kurosawa is awesome. Whats your favorite? I particulary liked Kagemusha, Dersu Uzala and Hidden Fortress.If you're into Japanese cinema I can also recommend films by Yasujiro Ozu. though they are very different from Kurosawa's.

favorite Kurosawa movie? impossible to say, how can you distinguish between masterpieces

but if i had to choose i'd say Yojimbo, so many cool lines in that movie

"Cooper, get 2 coffins ready...maybe 3"

- Toshiro Mifune :worship:

followed closely by Seven Samurai, Rashomon, The Hidden Fortress

i'm not familiar with Yasujiro Ozu though, but i will definitely watch some of his movies now

Had a bit of a rewatch of some of me and my mates favourite foreign movies today. Here's a quick review of each:

death-note-1-1.jpg

Death Note: Really fun idea for a movie. Second time watching and was just as entertaining as the first. 7/10

zatoichi_06.jpg

Zatoichi: Really good movie and hilarious in places. Some solid action and blood. 7/10

poster5.jpg

Oldboy: Sod the Hollywood remake, I have no interest in it, the original is brilliant. Quite a brutal and hard watch at points with some brilliant action sequences thrown in. The ending is tough to watch. 9/10

Inside Out. Truly another Pixar masterpiece - bold, fun, colorful and most importantly, heart warming. Represents everything that's great about them. In fact, it's as good as Up, if not even better. The last 10 minutes absolutely nailed it. Deserves to win the Academy Award and Oscar.

9.5/10.

Up :cry:

Such a good film though,kinda moving and sad but happy and generally awww.The volcano thing at the start was a bit emotional to lol

Sinister 2-7/10-The videos still creepy.Few jumpy moments and the build up still good.Got a bit silly at the end but then again most films do

Sharknado 3-7/10-They went into space!

Housebound-9/10-So good.Fun how they managed to take the piss out of horrors yet still was quite jumpy

the Fifth Element (1997): 7.3

weird one, but good weird, kinda

lucky you, i wish i could erase it from my memory and watch it all over again

Cant think of hearing a better recommendation for a film. Theres nowt on telly tonite so its a must see.