test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fulham Broadway

Last Film You Watched

Started by Fulham Broadway,

1,774 posts in this topic

@Spike

Another good Julien Temple offering seeing as youre in the States would be '' Requiem for Detroit.''

A documentary about the decay and industrial collapse of America's fourth largest city

also - '' Joe Strummer :The Future is Unwritten''

Depends what type/genre youre after. Good shout about Kes-I like anything usually by Ken Loach-Riff Raff , Land and Freedom, Wind that Shakes the Barley etc. He has unique style that simetime comes off of using unknown actors, giving them the script and saying get on with it.

Also recommend most things by Mike Leigh -Naked, Another Year, Life is Sweet etc

A good black comedy would be Sightseers.

Also films by Julien Temple usually worth a watch -things like Filth and the Fury about the Sex Pistols

And then there's Temple's Absolute Beginners.................................Should have been good, should have been great.

You could try 'The Big Man (Liam Neeson, etc), Get Carter (Michael Caine), A Clockwork Orange (Must see), Scum and Straw Dogs (Also must see), amongst others,

If your a fan of musical's with a difference, then Absolute Beginners aside, I give you 'Tommy' and raise you 'Quadrophenia'

Fulham Broadway likes this

And then there's Temple's Absolute Beginners.................................Should have been good, should have been great.

You could try 'The Big Man (Liam Neeson, etc), Get Carter (Michael Caine), A Clockwork Orange (Must see), Scum and Straw Dogs (Also must see), amongst others,

If your a fan of musical's with a difference, then Absolute Beginners aside, I give you 'Tommy' and raise you 'Quadrophenia'

Quadrophenia-good shout.

Thought of a few more now you mentioned Clockwork Orange. 2001 Space Odyssey, Long Good Friday, Trainspotting, Wickerman, If, Local Hero, Brazil.

Changingman_2000 likes this

Quadrophenia-good shout.

Thought of a few more now you mentioned Clockwork Orange. 2001 Space Odyssey, Long Good Friday, Trainspotting, Wickerman, If, Local Hero, Brazil.

Aye, that list there ticks all the boxes. How could I forget Trainspotting! And, Mr Broadway, how about 'Nil by Mouth'? More recent times, have you tried out 'The Angel's Share'? Good point to the movie and funny as fuck in parts. This clip, wee taster, when Glasgow visits Edinburgh........

Fulham Broadway likes this

Aye, that list there ticks all the boxes. How could I forget Trainspotting! And, Mr Broadway, how about 'Nil by Mouth'? More recent times, have you tried out 'The Angel's Share'? Good point to the movie and funny as fuck in parts. This clip, wee taster, when Glasgow visits Edinburgh........

Cheers CM -another to add to the list "what the fuck they put it there for ?" :D

Yeah 'Nil by Mouth' grim but sterling work by Ms Burke

Changingman_2000 likes this

Just watched 6 Years with Teissa Farmiga. Alright movie about a dysfunctional young couple in college that have been together for 6 years.

Being Flynn-Amazing movie. Robert DeNiro is great in this. Good movie about a writer who's pretty fucked up and his homeless dad. Check it out.

Career Opportunities (1991): ∞/10

forget the movie, it's all about a young Jennifer Connelly who is the sexiest woman to have ever lived, i would have been fine watching her ride that horse for 2 hours instead of the movie

proof that god exist, i don't believe nature can produce something like that

a stunning creature, looking at her is like drinking fresh water on a hot summer's day

DYC. likes this

My brother watched it at 2am. He said the same thing. I may have to go see it.

I watched it at 1am, it was the premiere in Hungarry. The cinema was full and everybody was excited as children.

The Revenant (2015): 8.5/10

a spectacular movie, the cinematography is breathtaking, some of the scenes are just incredibly well made

the story is very simplistic though

best movie i've seen from 2015 so far

The Revenant (2015): 8.5/10

a spectacular movie, the cinematography is breathtaking, some of the scenes are just incredibly well made

the story is very simplistic though

best movie i've seen from 2015 so far

Can Leo win his Oscar?

Star Wars 6/10

a female Luke Skywalker

after we had a female Mad Max

next up: the female Ghostbusters

hold on to your butts folks

Is there something wrong with female protagonists? It's good, a move away from white males dominating cinema. I loved Star Wars and I've never seen the originals and saw the new ones years ago.

Can Leo win his Oscar?

Is there something wrong with female protagonists? It's good, a move away from white males dominating cinema. I loved Star Wars and I've never seen the originals and saw the new ones years ago.

Leo could win the oscar yes

nothing wrong with female protagonists, it's the in your face feminism that takes you out of the movie, you don't feel like you're watching a movie but some kind of a propaganda video

i'm half expecting a female batman movie to show up some time soon

iseah100 likes this

Leo could win the oscar yes

nothing wrong with female protagonists, it's the in your face feminism that takes you out of the movie, you don't feel like you're watching a movie but some kind of a propaganda video

I totally disagree. I think Rey was great. She was extremely likeable and killed it in her role. Doesn't seem in your face at all, just seems like that's the way it went.
Rmpr and Amblève. like this

Why would it be feminist? So Die Hard is a male chauvinistic movie? If a movie has a female protagonist it instantly becomes feminist? Male hero, female hero, whatever. A good film is a good film, a bad one is a bad one.

Amblève. and Rmpr like this