Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Moneyball (2011)

I put this off for a while because of the fact it was a movie about a sport I have no interest in, but you don't need to know anything about Baseball to get into this. It's an underdog story with depth, about out-thinking and changing the established order.

9/10

The book is even better. (In fact, the writer, Michael Lewis has written some fantastic (non-fiction) books. Liar's Poker about Wall Street greed in the 80's is fascinating. I haven't read his newest one "Flash Boys" about some more stock market BS but I will get to it. :) What I love about Moneyball (and I do know and love baseball) is that the whole concept is brilliant. It's about using analytics to see what actually causes winning and how that differs from perspective on what causes winning. People thought that hits mattered but in the end, what matters more is not making outs. The whole analytical aspect has spread to every sport but it's still in its nascent stage in football.

@Madmax- Untouchables is a flawed film but has a few excellent set pieces. De Palma is an over the top director. The scene on the stairs is taken directly from The Eisentsein masterpiece Battleship Potemkin but it's a great one. Haven't seen it in a long time but from what I recall, De Niro doesn't have that many scenes. It's much more a..(shudder) Kevin Costner movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe it's not quite as good as the other Marvel movies but the film is quite solid and fun as it offers a different tone, mood and direction. The movie is much more light hearted but still able to have the right balance between the serious and funny moments. And the battle scenes were quite good. 7.7/10.

Watched the amazing spider-man 2 recently and was a bit disappointed with the story-lline but Emma Stone( :wub::wub::wub: ) and Andrew Garfield were absolutely marvellous.Almost cried when Gwen died :cry:

7/10 for me.

Dude, that's a pretty serious spoiler for a movie that was released a month ago. I know and many people do, but you can't just put that out there or you will ruin things for people.

Dude, that's a pretty serious spoiler for a movie that was released a month ago. I know and many people do, but you can't just put that out there or you will ruin things for people.

And by quoting him, you made sure those who missed it the first time could see it the second time.

Lebanese Rocket Society

Unofficial space programme by lebanese students in the 1960s. Amazing, all amateur stuff with no govt backing, and no militaristic intentions.

Yet they managed to get rockets into space up to 90 miles above earth