Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Will do!

Fair warning; it's a David Lynch film. However I believe his best was Blue Velvet; hands down. Mulholland Dr. while a damn good film can feel really disconnected and unfocused at times. Whereas Blue Velvet keeps all the Lynch insanity and while keeping a stronger focus on the mystery.

P.S They are both nothing at all like Inception. Inception is a SciFi Thriller while Mulholland Dr. and Blue Velvet are Surreal Mysteries.

The last flim I watched was the Princess Bride. Good watch, I really enjoyed it.

Fair warning; it's a David Lynch film. However I believe his best was Blue Velvet; hands down. Mulholland Dr. while a damn good film can feel really disconnected and unfocused at times. Whereas Blue Velvet keeps all the Lynch insanity and while keeping a stronger focus on the mystery.

P.S They are both nothing at all like Inception. Inception is a SciFi Thriller while Mulholland Dr. and Blue Velvet are Surreal Mysteries.

The last flim I watched was the Princess Bride. Good watch, I really enjoyed it.

I did not say it was simmilar. Audiences who tend to like Christopher Nolan movies, tend to enjoy David Lynch`s. He is a surrealist director, that explains why his movies feel disconnected at times.

Muholland Drive is the most racional of his amazing works. I totally agree his masterpiece is Blue Veltet, do not recommend it to a 1st time Lynch viewer though...

His films make you intrigued. You MUST rewatched it at least once to fully understand all the messages he wants to transmit. But once you get used to his line of thought, it is not close to insanity.

I always felt Nolan's Memento was a attempt to translate to Hollywood some of Lynch`s influence on him. Christopher has said inummerous times he is a great fan of Lynch...

I did not say it was simmilar. Audiences who tend to like Christopher Nolan movies, tend to enjoy David Lynch`s. He is a surrealist director, that explains why his movies feel disconnected.

Muholland Drive is the most racional of his amazing works. I totally agree his masterpiece is Blue Veltet, do not recommend it to a 1st time Lynch viewer though...

You kind of implied it when you said if you like Inception you'll like Mulholland Dr. And I already said that he was a surrealist... Also it's 'rational' not 'racional'.

Anyway they good movies that aren't for everyone.

You kind of implied it when you said if you like Inception you'll like Mulholland Dr. And I already said that he was a surrealist... Also it's 'rational' not 'racional'.

Anyway they good movies that aren't for everyone.

HAHAHAHA, racional, is in portuguese. So embarassing, sorry if I did not born with english imprinted in my brain. I bet you speak portuguese exceptionally!

Kind of, tend, etc. All of these terms are not 100% guaranteed. So yes, I KIND OF implied.

Btw, I dont get "they arent for everyone". No movie is for everyone, just like no music or book is for everyone...

HAHAHAHA, racional, is in portuguese. So embarassing, sorry if I did not born with english imprinted in my brain. I bet you speak portuguese exceptionally!

Kind of, tend, etc. All of these terms are not 100% guaranteed. So yes, I KIND OF implied.

Btw, I dont get "they arent for everyone". No movie is for everyone, just like no music or book is for everyone...

No need to be passive aggressive about it. I was just trying to help your English.

I mean in the general sense of things, it an expression that is fairly common in Australian English. They aren't the most acessible films because of their style and subject matter. Compared to something like Iron Man (i.e. a Hollywood blockbuster), they are relatively obscure and odd. I know many people that dislike Lynch because of his unconventional style.

No need to be passive aggressive about it. I was just trying to help your English.

I mean in the general sense of things, it an expression that is fairly common in Australian English. They aren't the most acessible films because of their style and subject matter. Compared to something like Iron Man (i.e. a Hollywood blockbuster), they are relatively obscure and odd. I know many people that dislike Lynch because of his unconventional style.

I was beeing completely ironic the entire post.

I do know what the expression means in pratical terms, I just disagree.

Sorry to be rude, but I dont find any better way to say it. David Lynch is not made for dumbs (I am in no way saiyng the people you know are, please). That is one main reason why some fellows dont like Lynch at all, they dont understand it. Another main reason (I blame it on Hollywood), people got used to the idea that movies are made to relax, they do not want to think and concentrate, they feel this should be made only when reading, it is not. There are both books and movies made to entertain and to put your brain to work.

Nolan`s movies are a little bit hard to follow if you dont pay attention (specially Memento) and they always put you inside the story, making you puzzle everything together even after the movie ends. That is why many viewers enjoy both directors...

I was beeing completely ironic the entire post.

I do know what the expression means in pratical terms, I just disagree.

Sorry to be rude, but I dont find any better way to say it. David Lynch is not made for dumbs (I am in no way saiyng the people you know are, please). That is one main reason why some fellows dont like Lynch at all, they dont understand it. Another main reason (I blame it on Hollywood), people got used to the idea that movies are made to relax, they do not want to think and concentrate, they feel this should be made only when reading, it is not. There are both books and movies made to entertain and to put your brain to work.

Nolan`s movies are a little bit hard to follow if you dont pay attention (specially Memento) and they always put you inside the story, making you puzzle everything together even after the movie ends. That is why many viewers enjoy both directors...

This is a good read about irony! You've reminded me off it...

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

Well the friend I have in mind cares nothing for Lynch but Memento is one of his favourites. It's not the difficult subject matter and presentation that bothers him but the surrealist nature. He is fine with complex films but the just plain old dislikes surealism. But yeah, it is Hollywood's fault.

This is a good read about irony! You've reminded me off it...

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/irony

Well the friend I have in mind cares nothing for Lynch but Memento is one of his favourites. It's not the difficult subject matter and presentation that bothers him but the surrealist nature. He is fine with complex films but the just plain old dislikes surealism. But yeah, it is Hollywood's fault.

The irony stuff is already off topic but lets go: Great article, the problem is he only uses one of the definitions and aplications of irony, it has got way more complex than what he explained.

About your friend, there are people that just dont like it. It happens with anything in this Universe, it aint the primary reason though!

Anyways, let Steve watch and decide whether he like it or not. I will be suprised if he find it to be a scrub, but we can only wait...

Watched the 2004's Phantom of the Opera earlier. Love the singing and background music but perhaps, there were too much of that in the movie. Got bored of it when it reached the latter stages of the film. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

I shall get this and give it a watch!

I just found it emotional, i like the blood diamond types of movies on the other side of the world.

Studied about the Rwanda before, and to think that was a true story, it what makes it so great.

And plus the most underrated actor in the world is in it, Don Cheadle.

Princess Bride turned 25 this year. Cary Elwess was on CNN a few days ago to talk about it. An absolute classic! Very few movies have such memorable lines. As for Lynch, I agree, i find his work very mixed. I actually liked Mulholland drive the most (amd not just because of the rather um...sexy scenes) but Blue Velvet is excellent as well. Mulholland drive took me a couple of watches to figure out but it was worth it. (alternative explanations exist, but I think I've got it.) The Elephant Man was very good and the Straight Story was good as well although very un-Lynch-like. Also, the first season of Twin Peaks was fantastic. (Then, it devolved into mostly nonsense). Lynch is amazing at a few things. He creates incredibly evocative scenes, sort of surrealistic dreams, often with music used in a peculiar but awesome way-his use of music is second to none (so good in fact, that H+M is using Lana Del Rey in an ad singing Blue Velvet, copying Lynch). He is also excellent and portraying the rot underneath seemingly "decent" society. And then he also likes doubling of his female characters which is something I like perhaps because so many auteurs have used it (Hitchcock, Bergman, Bunuel, etc...).

Princess Bride turned 25 this year. Cary Elwess was on CNN a few days ago to talk about it. An absolute classic! Very few movies have such memorable lines. As for Lynch, I agree, i find his work very mixed. I actually liked Mulholland drive the most (amd not just because of the rather um...sexy scenes) but Blue Velvet is excellent as well. Mulholland drive took me a couple of watches to figure out but it was worth it. (alternative explanations exist, but I think I've got it.) The Elephant Man was very good and the Straight Story was good as well although very un-Lynch-like. Also, the first season of Twin Peaks was fantastic. (Then, it devolved into mostly nonsense). Lynch is amazing at a few things. He creates incredibly evocative scenes, sort of surrealistic dreams, often with music used in a peculiar but awesome way-his use of music is second to none (so good in fact, that H+M is using Lana Del Rey in an ad singing Blue Velvet, copying Lynch). He is also excellent and portraying the rot underneath seemingly "decent" society. And then he also likes doubling of his female characters which is something I like perhaps because so many auteurs have used it (Hitchcock, Bergman, Bunuel, etc...).

My name is Spike Spiegel. You killed my father; prepare to die!