Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Just recently graduated from my master's degree couple of months ago, finally have some real free time now. I talked to my superhero-movies-geek friend, he laughed and told me I have missed a lot. So, I just watched Guardian of the Galaxy Vol 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther two days ago. Wonder Woman, clip about the death of superman in Dawn of Justice movie on Youtube, Justice League and Star Wars The Last Jedi (not a superhero movie but oh well) yesterday. I regret it, should have watched the yesterday films first rather than the Marvel ones.

Waiting for the Infinity Wars Blu-ray rip come out first, before continue watching the series. Oh, forgot to mention that Gal Gadot and Daisy Ridley are doing awesome jobs there. And they are so beautiful.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, Unionjack said:

The only compiter games Ive ever played were a couple of the very early ones that were in the pubs mid 70s. Galaxiana,Astroids and Pacman. Where there was a repetetive movement you could learnif you played enoug

It used to be weird seeing middle aged geezers playing Space Invaders in the pub. It does make me laugh when people go on about kids playing video games all the time if they were around when we were kids we would be playing them all the time as well.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It used to be weird seeing middle aged geezers playing Space Invaders in the pub. It does make me laugh when people go on about kids playing video games all the time if they were around when we were kids we would be playing them all the time as well.

It was a new thing then tho weren't it mate. My local was a spit n sawdust one with a bar football, jukebox, 2 one arm bandits and a all day card game. No lounge,only women were alkis and nobody even looked up if there was a scrap going on.

Then in came Pong Pong and everyone wondered what the big box in the corner was that made noises! Everyone got into it with big bets going down too. There was a brek then came that gun fighting one. Based on the Pong theme tho. very basic. But then mid to late 70s came the big ones Asteroids, that tamk game (cant remember the name., and my fave Galaxians. The pubs made loadsa money on them and I remember some firm coming in and trying to force the manager to use their machines but he made them change their minds!

Not been into them tho since those ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 9:31 PM, Unionjack said:

Watched a couple of good ones in the last week I would recommend.

Terminal - I'm sure the US market will love it being a Brit hitman flick  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4463816/

The only compiter games Ive ever played were a couple of the very early ones that were in the pubs mid 70s. Galaxiana,Astroids and Pacman. Where there was a repetetive movement you could learnif you played enough.

But this was nothing like them lol Ready Player One https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1677720/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Game Night - good ending I thought. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2704998/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

All available from your friendly torrent site c6076c73e51511811c81e79d24683ae5.gif

Have you seen Lucky Number Slevin? Not everyone knows that movie but it is a good crime movie, a bit funny too.

I like its song. Whenever I listen to it I recommend the movie to someone. :D

2 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Have you seen Lucky Number Slevin? Not everyone knows that movie but it is a good crime movie, a bit funny too.

I like its song. Whenever I listen to it I recommend the movie to someone. :D

Course. Its a classic!

I dont like TV series cause I really dont like waiting for the next weeks program. So I normally wait till the series finishes then grab them all and watch them in 1 sitting.

Did it with a few lately.

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Iron Fist

The Defenders

Altered Carbon

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Course. Its a classic!

I dont like TV series cause I really dont like waiting for the next weeks program. So I normally wait till the series finishes then grab them all and watch them in 1 sitting.

Did it with a few lately.

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Iron Fist

The Defenders

Altered Carbon

This starts tomorrow. It is supposed to be good. It is based on a book written by the author who also wrote Gone Girl.So I'll be looking for its torrent on hot Monday.

50 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This starts tomorrow. It is supposed to be good. It is based on a book written by the author who also wrote Gone Girl.So I'll be looking for its torrent on hot Monday.

Yeah had a looksee at that already. Looks a bit slow. I dont think you can beat Brit detective series.

What torrent site are you on

Just now, Unionjack said:

Yeah had a looksee at that already. Looks a bit slow. I dont think you can beat Brit detective series.

I love British mystery series but HBO does quality shows usually. First season of True Detective was amazing. This looks a bit more creepy.

16 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I love British mystery series but HBO does quality shows usually. First season of True Detective was amazing. This looks a bit more creepy.

Yeah that 1st season of True Detective was good.

Just got 3rd season of Twin Peaks and last season of LOST to watch again

I got invites to TORRENTDAYif you want one.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah that 1st season of True Detective was good.

Just got 3rd season of Twin Peaks and last season of LOST to watch again

I got invites to TORRENTDAYif you want one.

Thanks a lot. I think I won't have any trouble but if I have I send you a pm on Monday.

American Assassin, Deadpool 2 and the Avengers Infinity War are probably the newest ones I've watched, although think American Assassin came out last year.

Hopefully get a chance to watch the new Ant Man movie whenever its out, as well as the new Sicario movie. What a year Josh Brolin has had.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:24 PM, Duppy Conqueror said:

The Notebook. 

was my wife`s choice..gotta sacrifice my own happiness sometimes..

Good brownie points tho eh ;) Save them up and cash them in when you really need them!!

On 7/7/2018 at 10:07 PM, OneMoSalah said:

American Assassin, Deadpool 2 and the Avengers Infinity War are probably the newest ones I've watched, although think American Assassin came out last year.

Hopefully get a chance to watch the new Ant Man movie whenever its out, as well as the new Sicario movie. What a year Josh Brolin has had.

Just grabbed Deadpool 2 as its the 1st clean copy theres been so far.

Theres an Ant Man and Wasp just out today and watchable if you cant be asked to wait.

Just grabbed Jurrasic World so will see how they re hashed that. Dont know how many options there are of crazy big lizards going off the head.

• 2 months later...

As this isnt a film post and as we dont have a General TV thread (was sure there was one) and as the thread to  Mr Robot has been archived I didn't know where else to post this. But if any Mod or Admin finds out please move it - Ta!!

I watched the opening episode when it started then went away travelling and never got back into it.

But I do that with a lot of good series and find myself downloading multiple series and having a couple of days doing nowt but watch them/

Well I did that with Mr Robot. Got all 3 series from my fave local friendly torrent site and just watched season 1. Have put the other 2 seasons on a data stick to take and watch on my hols lol

But I found myself wondering summet I wonder if anyone can help me with.

As it SEEMS SO FAR that Elliot has many umm social and mental issues,, is one of them that he has Multiple Personality Disorder??

Is Mr Robot an imagined character OR Is Mr Robot real and ELLIOT the imagined character??

Theres a couple of things that make me ask like when Mr Robot tells Elliot that 'They Can See Me'

And as Mr Robot has formed the group Elliot joined he has been around longer.

Yet Elliot lives at his Mums.

And whats with Elliots sister Darlene? She must be imagined too if Mr Robot is real!!

I love series like this that you dont know fuck all really and it forever makes you keep asking questions!

Its a bastard watching it on my own as theres nobody to nudge and keep asking them

So I'm nudging you lot!

WTF is going on????

• 1 month later...

just watched Bohemian Rhapsody and i must say Rami Malek blew me away with his portrayal of Freddie Mercury, immaculate performance, it felt you were watching the real Freddie, thats how good it was, the other band members were brilliant too, great chemistry between the actors, the soundtrack is brilliant as well, i feel the oscar buzz. As for the real man himself, very unfortunate that he has gone too soon to AIDS desease back then, a terrible virus that has killed millions so far, but one thing is certain, the man sure could sing and had an amazing and powerful voice, along with his energy on stage, Queen is one of the best bands ever. Cheers

Last good movie I saw was Bone Tomahawk.  It's a slow burn, but the ending is full of tension.

It's not new.  I get a lot of movie recommendations from this site:  https://agoodmovietowatch.com/

It's a lot of under the radar kind of stuff.

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

just watched Bohemian Rhapsody and i must say Rami Malek blew me away with his portrayal of Freddie Mercury, immaculate performance, it felt you were watching the real Freddie, thats how good it was, the other band members were brilliant too, great chemistry between the actors, the soundtrack is brilliant as well, i feel the oscar buzz. As for the real man himself, very unfortunate that he has gone too soon to AIDS desease back then, a terrible virus that has killed millions so far, but one thing is certain, the man sure could sing and had an amazing and powerful voice, along with his energy on stage, Queen is one of the best bands ever. Cheers

I went to see it twice, the 2nd time I took my friend and his girlfriend to see it since they like Queen, but can't afford tickets that much. That's how much I liked watching it on big screen with a sound system you can't have at home - goosebumps guaranteed. The story was rather shallow and rushed considering true depth of Freddie and Queen, we didn't really learn anything new, but what they did do they did very well. I just wish some things weren't as rushed and vague, for example Jim Hutton felt like some random minor character in his life. Should have been a 3+ hour marathon to get beyond scratching the surface.

Acting was superb. I watch Mr. Robot so at first it was strange, I was thinking to myself that Elliot was on Adderall again (who watches Robot understands). :D But boy did he deliver, and can you believe that the Live Aid performance was the very first thing they shot? The way he was thrown in the deep end and he nailed it. Oscar nomination at least, for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 9:31 PM, manpe said:

I went to see it twice, the 2nd time I took my friend and his girlfriend to see it since they like Queen, but can't afford tickets that much. That's how much I liked watching it on big screen with a sound system you can't have at home - goosebumps guaranteed. The story was rather shallow and rushed considering true depth of Freddie and Queen, we didn't really learn anything new, but what they did do they did very well. I just wish some things weren't as rushed and vague, for example Jim Hutton felt like some random minor character in his life. Should have been a 3+ hour marathon to get beyond scratching the surface.

Acting was superb. I watch Mr. Robot so at first it was strange, I was thinking to myself that Elliot was on Adderall again (who watches Robot understands). :D But boy did he deliver, and can you believe that the Live Aid performance was the very first thing they shot? The way he was thrown in the deep end and he nailed it. Oscar nomination at least, for sure.

Bud please read post 3 above you and tell me what you think yeah.

I will start this by saying that when I watched these 2 films I was very stoned. Not that heavy sink you in your chair stoned but the heady, sharp thinking, productive stoned that doesn't happen often.

Well we was sitting on the beach with a fire going and my friend had her laptop and said lets watch a film. OK says me.

The first one was Stranger Than Fiction https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420223/

about a guy that begins hearing the narrator of the film who is actually a writer writing about him as some non fictional person!! VERY GOOD!!

The next one did my head in! Got me thinking very deep. Predestination https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2397535/?ref_=nv_sr_1  Thought the ending was going to be summet else but I wont give it away cause I really do recommend it stoned or not!! Please give it a looksee.