Adrien Rabiot

Unionjack

I'd prefer someone else and last reports Ive read said he was off to Barca but -

Chelsea and Tottenham table offers for PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1063322/Chelsea-Tottenham-table-PSG-Adrien-Rabiot-Barcelona-transfer-news-gossip

Rabiot.thumb.png.740bfba1eaab91f9427a055a7600e568.png

Good player, not sure what him signing means for Kante because theyd be competing for the same position more than likely, as a box to box nidfielder rsthee than the most advanced midfielder. At PSG over the last however many seasons he was a real vital cog in their team along with Motta and Verratti. Frozen out now he wont resign with PSG but I think getting him on a free transfer would be a hugely shrewd move.

54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good player, not sure what him signing means for Kante because theyd be competing for the same position more than likely, as a box to box nidfielder rsthee than the most advanced midfielder. At PSG over the last however many seasons he was a real vital cog in their team along with Motta and Verratti. Frozen out now he wont resign with PSG but I think getting him on a free transfer would be a hugely shrewd move.

You forgot to say he is one major dickhead. 

Not sure we need more players with shit attitude.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

You forgot to say he is one major dickhead. 

Not sure we need more players with shit attitude.

Fair enough, there is talk of him being arrogant but hes hardly a flight risk like a Balotelli or something. 

The fact he doesnt fancy a new deal at PSG or didnt fancy being a reserve list option for France in the summer at the world cup is hardly a huge issue for me, wouldnt say its a shit attitude, he is a good footballer who knows he's a good footballer and in the end his decision went against him where as it could have went against Deschamps if France didnt do so well for instance. 

The more players with shit attitude? Suppose this is Willian, Alonso, Morata, Drinkwater etc cause nobody likes are these players or thinks they can be improved on? Although every time we have won the league the year after its mainly the key players whos attitude have been pretty questionable... 

In regards to Rabiot on the cheap or on a free, would be a very shrewd move. If he goes to Barca or any other big team,on a free, at his age, experience and quality it will be a bargain.... 

Tottenham Hotspur will not transfer Adrien Rabiot from Paris Saint Germain

https://hotspurhq.com/2018/12/24/tottenham-hotspur-will-not-sign-adrien-rabiot/

It has been reported that PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot will make a move to FC Barcelona, not Tottenham. This may disappoint some supporters since Spurs were a possible destination for the Frenchman.

Many players are being talked about when it comes to upcoming transfers. One of the most talked about players is Paris Saint Germain’s Adrien Rabiot. Though not a high-scorer, Rabiot serves as a level-headed connection between defense and offense.

The Frenchman has been linked with several clubs including Juventus, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottenham. Needless to say, he is a hot item.

Now, though, it is reported that FC Barcelona is almost a certain destination for him.

While there has been much talk and many rumors, Barcelona seem the closest to actually taking action. It looks as if Rabiot will stay put in PSG until the end of the season and then Barcelona will close the deal.

Also, it is believed that Thomas Meunier backs this claim up. Meunier is a teammate of Rabiot’s in Paris. He said ‘The fact that an offer arrives for him from such a big club is something that you can’t rule out at his age, in that position, and in the face of such a proposition it’s hard to say no.’ “Big club” is believed to mean Barcelona.

Many believe Tottenham should make some signings this January. This may be because several players have gotten injured recently and are still out. These include Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier, and Mousa Dembele. All three players are midfielders, like Rabiot.

snip

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Tottenham Hotspur will not transfer Adrien Rabiot from Paris Saint Germain

https://hotspurhq.com/2018/12/24/tottenham-hotspur-will-not-sign-adrien-rabiot/

It has been reported that PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot will make a move to FC Barcelona, not Tottenham. This may disappoint some supporters since Spurs were a possible destination for the Frenchman.

Many players are being talked about when it comes to upcoming transfers. One of the most talked about players is Paris Saint Germain’s Adrien Rabiot. Though not a high-scorer, Rabiot serves as a level-headed connection between defense and offense.

The Frenchman has been linked with several clubs including Juventus, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottenham. Needless to say, he is a hot item.

Now, though, it is reported that FC Barcelona is almost a certain destination for him.

While there has been much talk and many rumors, Barcelona seem the closest to actually taking action. It looks as if Rabiot will stay put in PSG until the end of the season and then Barcelona will close the deal.

Also, it is believed that Thomas Meunier backs this claim up. Meunier is a teammate of Rabiot’s in Paris. He said ‘The fact that an offer arrives for him from such a big club is something that you can’t rule out at his age, in that position, and in the face of such a proposition it’s hard to say no.’ “Big club” is believed to mean Barcelona.

Many believe Tottenham should make some signings this January. This may be because several players have gotten injured recently and are still out. These include Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier, and Mousa Dembele. All three players are midfielders, like Rabiot.

snip

Dont nreally eed anyone helping our opponents! Hoe they all catch some strange bug that lasts 5 months!

Evil.jpg.cd98712c56a8546f271e849d7f09819d.jpg

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Fair enough, there is talk of him being arrogant but hes hardly a flight risk like a Balotelli or something. 

The fact he doesnt fancy a new deal at PSG or didnt fancy being a reserve list option for France in the summer at the world cup is hardly a huge issue for me, wouldnt say its a shit attitude, he is a good footballer who knows he's a good footballer and in the end his decision went against him where as it could have went against Deschamps if France didnt do so well for instance. 

The more players with shit attitude? Suppose this is Willian, Alonso, Morata, Drinkwater etc cause nobody likes are these players or thinks they can be improved on? Although every time we have won the league the year after its mainly the key players whos attitude have been pretty questionable... 

In regards to Rabiot on the cheap or on a free, would be a very shrewd move. If he goes to Barca or any other big team,on a free, at his age, experience and quality it will be a bargain.... 

Yea I get you.

But we need players that will fire up the squad when we are down, not bitch around. We need players that will work hard and not complain if they get benched, thinking they are bigger than the team.

Rabiot could be Psg captain or sth and one of french leaders in future, but his complaints that he doesnt like to play as holdind mid, that he wants bigger paycheck, that he doesnt want to be backup ruined all that. Just a very toxic character to have.

And he isnt even that wow player. For that b2b role, I think he isnt suited for our midfield. We need dynamic player next to Jorginho, someone that can break through the lines. Rabiot just isnt that. He can pass well, but thats about it.

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

For that b2b role, I think he isnt suited for our midfield. We need dynamic player next to Jorginho, someone that can break through the lines. Rabiot just isnt that. He can pass well, but thats about it.

So you want to pull Kante?

Because the AMF Hamsik role is the only open MF position with Sarriball, as Jorginho and Kante will not be dropped.

I do not want Rabiot either btw.

I think a cracking MF for us would be

Pablo Sarabia AMF (15 goals, 8 assists so far for Sevilla)

Nicolò Barella B to B

Jorgihno DH DMF

Kante is always going to be a square peg in round hole

I will never stop beating drum to move him back to a floating destroyer behind Jorginho

and in front of a back 3 CB (Rudiger, Luiz, Azpi) set up

Kante covers so much ground he would be like a fourth CB

the 3 MFers in front of him give width

as does the front 3

Only 2 other options are to drop him completely and sell him (or save him for when Sarri is sacked)

or to completely change formation

either to a double pivot 4-2-3-1

or a trad back 3  setup like a 3 4 3 or 3 5 2 (as opposed to that experimental 3 1 3 3 of mine)

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So you want to pull Kante?

Because the AMF Hamsik role is the only open MF position with Sarriball, as Jorginho and Kante will not be dropped.

I do not want Rabiot either btw.

I think a cracking MF for us would be

Pablo Sarabia AMF (15 goals, 8 assists so far for Sevilla)

Nicolò Barella B to B

Jorgihno DH DMF

Kante is always going to be a square peg in round hole

I will never stop beating drum to move him back to a floating destroyer behind Jorginho

and in front of a back 3 CB (Rudiger, Luiz, Azpi) set up

Kante covers so much ground he would be like a fourth CB

the 3 MFers in front of him give width

as does the front 3

Only 2 other options are to drop him completely and sell him (or save him for when Sarri is sacked)

or to completely change formation

either to a double pivot 4-2-3-1

or a trad back 3  setup like a 3 4 3 or 3 5 2 (as opposed to that experimental 3 1 3 3 of mine)

No I would keep Kante and Jorginho, but in place of Kovacic, I wouldnt want Rabiot, but someone with more dynamic to his game.

On 25/12/2018 at 3:10 PM, BlueLyon said:

No I would keep Kante and Jorginho, but in place of Kovacic, I wouldnt want Rabiot, but someone with more dynamic to his game.

Sarabia is the answer. Or Kai Havertz (he is going to Bayern so is off the board). Isco isnt even THAT much of a scorer. We need a scoring AMF. RLC and Barkley are clearly not it.

I am still not sold on Kante in new role. Something is going to have to give (transfer market-wise or formation-wise) or Sarri will be out the door by next Christmas.

There is no way the current team can play Sarriball to a 4th place or higher level. We have far too many massive holes to plug. A big reason we had that unbeaten streak was an huge amount of sitters missed by other teams. That is starting to catch up to us, and we are also missing sitters now.

I also think that many are banking 90% of their hopes on Higuain coming here in January and banging in 20 goals over the last half of season. I just cannot see that happening.

We all had better hope I am just dead wrong.

Hazard truly needs to go on a tear. He is pretty much our only true goal scoring threat, except on the rare days Pedro is on fire.

If no business is done in January and Sarri still somehow leads us to 4th place (3rd is looking very hard as Spuds are on a tear and looking better each week) and also wins the EL, he should be global manager of the year, hands down.

We only have 5 truly first class players and one is our GK. Of the other 4 (Rudiger, Kante, Eden, Jorginho) 2 of them are being played out of position (when Hazard is deployed as a false nine). Jorginho has been able to be neutralised a lot lately due to the lack of the other midfielders offering up much of a scoring threat, as well as the fullbacks being slow and out of position. Other teams quickly found out that pressing the hell out of Jorginho is a key to partially shutting us down. 

Azpi is not a true Sarriball RB, and is also not playing up to his level of last 4 or 5 years. I think father time is catching up (especially due to the insane amount of minutes he has logged over past 5 years).

The rest of the team is simply not good enough as a whole. 3 of them are disasters. Alonso, Willian, and whatever striker we trot out. Kovacic is not, nor will he ever be, an AMF. Barkley has been a bust, and RLC has been inconsistent. Pedro is hit or miss and is injury prone. Luiz, whilst has had a good run the last several games, is still a time bomb waiting to happen. 

We need a lot of upgrades. No idea if that will occur. 

I would love to see some variance in our formations. All the truly top managers do it. Sarri is too stubborn I think. It is either get him the right players or we can forget about CL and titles for a good long spell.

No way he can win much in way of trophies or titles or even qualify for CL with this current team, especially if Arse goes on another huge unbeaten streak, then there is absolutely zero chance.

It isn't like many of us didn't predict this. It has been a downward drift since the board asininely refused to back Conte with upgrades of his choosing after he won the league.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs boosted as Barcelona release statement on Adrien Rabiot

His contract with Paris Saint-Germain expires in the summer and he will be free to thrash out a deal with another club in January

https://www.football.london/premier-league/arsenal-chelsea-spurs-boosted-barcelona-15612123

Barcelona have denied that they have reached an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

The 23-year-old is free to speak to discuss offers for the summer from January 1 as his contract expires in the summer of 2019.

In order to rebuff claims that they had made an illegal approach, the Catalans have gone public to dismiss claims the player has already signed a deal to join them.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur have all been linked to the Frenchman whose abilities in the middle of the park could prove useful to all three clubs.

Snip

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Hm Bayern, Barca or us? What can we offer him more? Guaranteed playing time?

Plenty of players we've missed out on before to so called lesser clubs and we too have won the race to sign players over the likes of Barcelona in the past.

There could be many factors. Perhaps he'll prefer to play in England, we may offer better wages, sell him a better project, etc.

Unless Barca are guaranteeing him a starting position, which they will not, I assume, he is a fool to leave PSG IMHO.

If he goes there, surely that must cock up the de Jong/de Ligt double deal a bit.

Their MF will be crazy crowded if both Rabiot and de Jong come.

Rabiot, de Jong, Rakitic, Artur, Vidal, Coutinho, Samper, Busquets, Rafinha, Aleña, and Denis Suarez (who is being sold)

Thats 11, (soon 10) MFers! Roflmaooo.

Signing those 2 (de Ligt/de Jong), PLUS Jovic or Piątek, would be a MASSIVE statement by us and might keep Eden from leaving.

Hell, cheeky bid for Coutinho (supposedly he is being quietly shopped, with (god no!) the bin-dippers considering a grab-back.)

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

Unless Barca are guaranteeing him a starting position, which they will not, I assume, he is a fool to leave PSG IMHO.

If he goes there, surely that must cock up the de Jong/de Ligt double deal a bit.

Their MF will be crazy crowded if both Rabiot and de Jong come.

Rabiot, de Jong, Rakitic, Artur, Vidal, Coutinho, Samper, Busquets, Rafinha, Aleña, and Denis Suarez (who is being sold)

Thats 11, (soon 10) MFers! Roflmaooo.

Signing those 2 (de Ligt/de Jong), PLUS Jovic or Piątek, would be a MASSIVE statement by us and might keep Eden from leaving.

Hell, cheeky bid for Coutinho (supposedly he is being quietly shopped, with (god no!) the bin-dippers considering a grab-back.)

You dream just as big as me mate! c3d6fc4080340be8e51a040dc30777fc.gif

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You