• Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

It is still January. A lot of games to be still played. You can beat them but so what if you lose a 'less important' game afterwards, as you might say. Remember beating City and losing to Leicester? I will argue that all the games that follow a big game are maybe even more important. And the most important games? Probably the last 3 weekends if you are still in the race.

Lose head to head and you may not be around in the last few weeks

20 minutes ago, Vesper said:

a22dd4d519990c83dc5e0c267f765ba5.png

other than those Spuds games, we should steamroll through the rest

We should.. Only 3 inbetween But Palace has been a hiccup in the past. Depends what teams turns up this time. Problem lately no constiency. Probably best arsenal and lose to sodding bournouth. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Lose head to head and you may not be around in the last few weeks

Bulshit. You can use this argument in matches that are played in March or April. But January? That is kinda self destructory to think like that. 'Oh we lost to Arsenal/Chelsea. We still have to play 15 games but we lost it bla bla bla'.

6 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Bulshit. You can use this argument in matches that are played in March or April. But January? That is kinda self destructory to think like that. 'Oh we lost to Arsenal/Chelsea. We still have to play 15 games but we lost it bla bla bla'.

You completely miss the point.

But oh well, you can play the 'wait till it is self-evident' safe route and only talk about things when they are imminent, not try to truly think ahead and suss out true inflection points in advance

I choose to be proactive, not reactive.

So hovadina back at ya.:cig:

Arsenal look shaky in defence- we will get good chances, need to convert them and tighten up at the back. 

Please sign some Jan players- our squad is threadbare.

I hope the Board see and appreciate the longevity of the Top 3 and back Sarri.

I know not everybody is a fan- but he's getting the best out of a team Mourinho had in the relegation places...

We just need a 5 year plan and stick to it.

Technical Director immediately and then work with the manager to shape the squad full of suitable players.

If CHO wants to go - he can, doing anything at a professional level is half about ability, the rest about mental strength. He needs to develop the latter and quickly. That's just my opinion though. 

2 hours ago, zekinjo said:

We’re looking bad. So far not good from Sarri at all for me. 

We have shown that WE CAN play some amazing football under Sarri.

The whole problem is that we dont keep our fuckin form. And that goes for every player like it or not.

Theres something wrong with our character and personality.

They need to be able to find a 2nd gear. Some intensity. Directness.

We need players that offer us different options instead of a like for like substitution.

We need a soddin DOF and a board who know what they are doing, with a passion for Chelsea or who just want us to be at our best and will back a manager to let him do the job he is hired to do.

Until that happens no matter what manager we have it will be the same old song.

Nice performance by Hazard and Kovacic. Not much else to say other than I don't want to see Alonso and Willian anymore and I am still not a fan of Jorginho's MF. Sort of pointless having a weak CM sit in front of two CBs who can pass, esp. while we do nothing with possession.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Great reacting from us yesterday, the annoying this is it shouldn't of been a reaction.

That Leicester game will do my head in for weeks, the only saving grace is the fact they beat City.

We need to be careful cause so did the Seagulls!

It's all ifs and buts but if we hadn't lost those dumb games to Wolves and Leicester, we would actually be above City (and Spurs) right now, which would have been quite something.

And not saying we're great all of a sudden because we aren't, but only Liverpool (18), Spurs and West Ham (both 15) have picked up more points than us in the last six league games...

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all ifs and buts but if we hadn't lost those dumb games to Wolves and Leicester, we would actually be above City (and Spurs) right now, which would have been quite something.

And not saying we're great all of a sudden because we aren't, but only Liverpool (18), Spurs and West Ham (both 15) have picked up more points than us in the last six league games...

Those 2 draw v Everton (Home nil nil grr) and West Ham, and arguably the Home 2 2 to Manure did my head in too. Take away Manure, add in Wolves and Leicester and that is 10 dropped, easily winnable points.