• Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 0007 said:

The problem today wasn’t the midfield.Jorginho  actually made some very good interceptions in the first half and Kovacic IMO had one of his best games.

We just don’t use the wide areas when we attack.We  are either trying to penetrate through the center(but we don’t have the proper striker to hold the ball ) or wait for Willian/Pedro to come up with something.Our full-backs can’t beat a man 1v1   if their lifes depended on it because of their lack of speed and lack of any dribbling skills.And every world class full-back i can think of is both fast and a very good dribbler.

We have enough time until next season to resolve “the full-back problem” but  I am not sure our club can do it.

FBs are a problem for us for around 4 years now maybe.. Probably more. 
We're crying out for ones who can actually create SOMETHING!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I'd also keep an eye on United. They are only 8 points behind us and have easy looking games coming up...

Yeah did think that.. Especially now change of manager be change of style and everything for them. Players start playing blahhh. Hopefully this is another one of those games.... 

Quite surprised nobody here talk about imo the most important thing. Our lack of response after conceding, imo that was the biggest problem. Concede goal is normal but for some reason whenever our team concede it just collapse. It happen last game and against Brighton. 

We could easily have won the bloody match.
If one of the first half chances had gone in then Leicester could n't come back.
Even if they scored an equalizer it would be different in the last half hour, so we could have won that way.
Then everybody here would say "how nice".
It was not like e.g. Spurs who outplayed us.
I mean to say the dirt is hidden under the carpet even when we win. There are huge problems to be solved.

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Quite surprised nobody here talk about imo the most important thing. Our lack of response after conceding, imo that was the biggest problem. Concede goal is normal but for some reason whenever our team concede it just collapse. It happen last game and against Brighton. 

Everybody was completely and utterly demoralised in the last half hour - except Kepa.

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Well sarri himself said that, so...

reckon our team was setup so defensive minded that it took a couple of subs to open up the game. We did have opportunities to at least tie it then.

as much as I like what sarri is doing, the result today was partly his fault. While there are no guarantees that a more attacking-minded starting xi would have fared better, reckon the odds of scoring would have been better.

of our 3 CMs Kante is the more likely to score... honestly only Pedro hazard, and alonso are likely to score a goal and that’s just not enough esp when playing at home against a good, but smaller side. Gotta risk it more... if you lose you lose trying.

13 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Also I have feeling the players just dont give a shit as much as they could. They started well under Sarri when they thought we can race for the title. Then realised pool and city are simply too much and they cared less and less with every game. 

Now that the title is completely off, they stopped giving a shit and its clear in games against "lesser" sides.

On that note, I don't think Sarri has helped matters either when he has kept on saying "we aren't title contenders" this season, similar to when Conte kept playing down our chances to win things last season.

Just now, Jason said:

On that note, I don't think Sarri has helped matters either when he has kept on saying "we aren't title contenders" this season, similar to when Conte kept playing down our chances to win things last season.

must be an italian thing

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Incredible isn't it ? Bring back Frank

we never replaced Frank and the goals he contributed season after season, no midfielder has come close to those 20 plus goals, maybe Hazard, but even so he's not ruthless enough. Just shows you what a special player we had in Lamps, he was the complete package (vision, passing, shooting, heading, defending, tackling, technique, stamina, agression, passion), and we reaped all the rewards possible with him, what i wouldn't give to have a player like him at the club again. Cheers mate

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah but to be fair Mourinho was also doing that in 2013. Remember all the talk about little horses or whatever. And that guy is known (or at least was known) as a ultimate winner type

2 hours ago, Jason said:

At the begining of the season peeps were saying how refreshing it was to have a manager that spoke the truth.

We AREN'T title contenders not with these players.

37 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Yeah but to be fair Mourinho was also doing that in 2013. Remember all the talk about little horses or whatever. And that guy is known (or at least was known) as a ultimate winner type

With Mourinho back then, there was a sense he was telling the media one thing and telling the players another and we would have won the title had it not been for those stupid losses to Palace, Villa and Sunderland in the run-in. But with Conte/Sarri, there is certainly no sense of that. Conte was relentlessly playing down our squad last season and not just to City, even United, Liverpool, Spurs! And Sarri, from day one, has already said we aren't title contenders. Whether we actually win it or not is another matter but from a manager's perspective, he should be motivating the players to be positive. 

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

At the begining of the season peeps were saying how refreshing it was to have a manager that spoke the truth.

We AREN'T title contenders not with these players.

But it's debatable whether it's a right thing for our manager to be saying that out loud from day one, especially when this squad have won the league twice in last four seasons despite having average players. If Sarri says that with 10 games to go, then fine but before the ball has even been kicked? No. And mind you, he sort of changed his mind when we almost beat Liverpool earlier this season.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

But it's debatable whether it's a right thing for our manager to be saying that out loud from day one, especially when this squad have won the league twice in last four seasons despite having average players. If Sarri says that with 10 games to go, then fine but before the ball has even been kicked? No. And mind you, he sort of changed his mind when we almost beat Liverpool earlier this season.

Yeah OK

But what I really dont get is why our lads ALL of them just cant manage to keep any comtinuity of form? They go from playing like they did in the 2nd half vs Shitty to the ramshackled mess they turn into. It baffles me.