• Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I would lay wager Marina has no clue who Jovic and Haller even are, lolol

It wouldn't surprise me if Marina didn't know who Roman Abramovich is and vice versa.

Today was one of those rare occasions where it actually wasn't Alonso's side that was the problem. Chillwell was having a stroll in the park with the freedom of the entire right side in the second half. I swear it seemed like Rüdiger was caught out on an island numerous times all the way near the touchline. Where was Azpi?

Pedro was woeful on that side too. He looked like a spirit took over his body and he lost all his abilities. Shocking.

Just got back home from the game and what a poor performance. Hazard was completely off it today and never seen him that poor before. Willian was poor as was Pedro and basically every other player in the team. I thought Luiz actually had a good game and Rudiger didn't do much wrong either and Kepa was good also. Everyone else was shocking. Kante was a headless chicken this game. He was all over the place but barely could keep up and was awful in possession and again looked lost in that role which is a shame after looking at home against City. I don't understand why Sarri took Jorginho off for Fabregas when he should of brought on Barkley for Kante or Jorginho. Bemusing decision. We keep offering Arsenal the chance to play catch up. It is really pissing me off. Why can't we just put together a successful string of victories, but we have games like today, Wolves etc, games where we should be winning where we fuck up. Barkley needed to come on. Don't understand why he kept Barkley on the bench and Kante in that RCM role when Barkley offers much more of a goalscoring threat. Fabregas offered nothing when he came on also. Azpi got roasted all game.

Credit to Leicester though. They fought hard all game and played well. Mendy done a Kante type performance today. Chilwell was MOTM for me. Was absolutely fantastic all game, defensively and offensively. One of the best LB performances I have seen and that is not an exaggeration.

So back on level with Arsenal and a tough game in the week. We just love making life difficult for ourselves.

10 minutes ago, Stats said:

Just got back home from the game and what a poor performance. Hazard was completely off it today and never seen him that poor before. Willian was poor as was Pedro and basically every other player in the team. I thought Luiz actually had a good game and Rudiger didn't do much wrong either and Kepa was good also. Everyone else was shocking. Kante was a headless chicken this game. He was all over the place but barely could keep up and was awful in possession and again looked lost in that role which is a shame after looking at home against City. I don't understand why Sarri took Jorginho off for Fabregas when he should of brought on Barkley for Kante or Jorginho. Bemusing decision. We keep offering Arsenal the chance to play catch up. It is really pissing me off. Why can't we just put together a successful string of victories, but we have games like today, Wolves etc, games where we should be winning where we fuck up. Barkley needed to come on. Don't understand why he kept Barkley on the bench and Kante in that RCM role when Barkley offers much more of a goalscoring threat. Fabregas offered nothing when he came on also. Azpi got roasted all game.

Credit to Leicester though. They fought hard all game and played well. Mendy done a Kante type performance today. Chilwell was MOTM for me. Was absolutely fantastic all game, defensively and offensively. One of the best LB performances I have seen and that is not an exaggeration.

So back on level with Arsenal and a tough game in the week. We just love making life difficult for ourselves.

mate, i feel so sorry for loyal fans like you that go to stadium to watch this crap, it must be so frustrating watching the team play like this. The fans deserve much better from that lot, these players need a proper kick up the ass, they should be ashamed to wear the Chelsea badge. Cheers

One of the biggest issues is also Jorginho.

Ever since he was found out by Everton and then again by spuds, he is a shadow of himself.

He was immense prior to that and we were winning and playing good football. Then it went downhill.

If he is in the squad to keep possesion but we do fuck all with that possesion, its absolutely pointless to have him in first 11.

Kante is also playing in wrong role too because of Jorginho and Sarri.

Sarri needs to get his shit sorted. Playing Eden and Kante who are our best players out of position, playing Willian and Alonso who suck and Jorginho who has little to no impact. 

Dont get me wrong, Jorg is important but for the sake of nice ball rotation and possesion stats, it brings 10 other problems to the table that have to be adressed. 

Sarri will have to change something. You cant fuck up the entire midfield just to accommodate Jorginho.

And Willian playing worst football in ages, but instead of dropping him, Sarri puts him in his favourite place and instead throws our best attacker Eden in false 9 where he cant thrive as much. Eden on left, Pedro in middle because of his runs and tactical understanding and Willian on right is how we should play until we find new cf. Didnt Pedro sometimes play false nine in barca before? 

But just because Eden can hold on ball better, yeah lets just play him in middle because of that and completely fuck up his entire impact he can give from the wings. We have been crap in chance creation before but now its travesty looking at Willian, Alonso, Pedro and Azpi try to create something from flanks.

Also I have feeling the players just dont give a shit as much as they could. They started well under Sarri when they thought we can race for the title. Then realised pool and city are simply too much and they cared less and less with every game. 

Now that the title is completely off, they stopped giving a shit and its clear in games against "lesser" sides.

The problem today wasn’t the midfield.Jorginho  actually made some very good interceptions in the first half and Kovacic IMO had one of his best games.

We just don’t use the wide areas when we attack.We  are either trying to penetrate through the center(but we don’t have the proper striker to hold the ball ) or wait for Willian/Pedro to come up with something.Our full-backs can’t beat a man 1v1   if their lifes depended on it because of their lack of speed and lack of any dribbling skills.And every world class full-back i can think of is both fast and a very good dribbler.

We have enough time until next season to resolve “the full-back problem” but  I am not sure our club can do it.

6 minutes ago, 0007 said:

The problem today wasn’t the midfield.Jorginho  actually made some very good interceptions in the first half and Kovacic IMO had one of his best games.

We just don’t use the wide areas when we attack.We  are either trying to penetrate through the center(but we don’t have the proper striker to hold the ball ) or wait for Willian/Pedro to come up with something.Our full-backs can’t beat a man 1v1   if their lifes depended on it because of their lack of speed and lack of any dribbling skills.And every world class full-back i can think of is both fast and a very good dribbler.

We have enough time until next season to resolve “the full-back problem” but  I am not sure our club can do it.

Offensively they were poor. No passing threat, no chance creation, no one is threat from distance because they cant shoot.

Leicester parked 9 players infront of goal, so it wasnt hard for our mid to pass around. But when they got close to their goal, we couldnt create almost nothing. Its cool they can pass rings around opponent in middle of the pitch, but that helps us very little in attack. When they get close no one has clue what to do. 

Defensively, when Leicester marched forward, our midfield was nonexistent, they just blasted through middle or the flanks. But thats to be expected when you have slim jimmy in DM spot. 

Lol seem folks are really stuck on the fullbacks... 

alonso was unlucky there... good run and finish

played well in the first and poorly in the second.

The starting lineup might have been just too defensive, which was a choice by the manager, but I reckon this can only work in counter attacking situations. When the opposition sits, the false nine becomes very ineffective.

tbf we just don’t have enough goals in these players esp considering none of them can score from outside the box. Something that needs to be fixed with either Ross, RLC, or going shopping.

vardy is such an interesting striker, and at the same time not a good option for a big club (too reliant on pace and spaces).

Well ir seems I had the best afternoon and I was sat in the hospital!

Making lunch half hour before the game, opened a tin of anchovies up and sliced my blinkin hand open on the tin!! 8 stitches! Always summet eh!

Not sure if I could handle watching the game after these comments Might end up listening to Leonard Cohen drinking brandy!

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I'd also keep an eye on United. They are only 8 points behind us and have easy looking games coming up...