• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Game wasn't lost in midfield. Don't know why people are slating it. They were all three GREAT in the first half. No goal threat there but they dominated that area.

Game was lost in wide defensive areas and a blunt attack. Stop me if you've heard that before...

Exactly. Jorginho misplaced some pass here and there, but I think he was good and even solid in defense. Kante too was good, same with Kovačić.

Willian and Alonso were terrible, Pedro wasn't good and Rudiger too. Hazard is nowhere near his best at CF position.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That midfield should never start a game. Absolutely no threat posed and it just makes things harder for the front three (or 1 in today's case).

That midfield would be fine if you had two really good FB; you either penetrate through the middle or through the flanks. Right now it is coming from neither. 

11 minutes ago, Starman60 said:

very good and true post. I just have an issue with one part............. That the "Ha Ha Ha" at the start, because our situation is not funny

Well I said that because of Willian "shots". 9/10 times he tries weak, on the ground and straight at gk shot. Sure it happens sometimes, but thats his every week average. Also when Alonso missed that chance in 90th min I actualy started laughing my ass off. Usualy I would be mad, but this is comical. 

And you know they will be picked for next match again.

But dont worry we will eventualy get better

That midfield would be fine if you had two really good FB; you either penetrate through the middle or through the flanks. Right now it is coming from neither. 

We would still be lacking goals. Kovacic hasn't scored for 72 games for starters and people criticise Kante.

Willian, Alonso & Kovacic are three that shouldn't against Watford and the false nine needs to be dropped. Managers need to stop trying to shoehorn Hazard in a position where he isn't anywhere as effective.

Forget the City result

23 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Chillwell is better than Alonso by far,

Vardy is better than Giroud + Morata by far

Maddison is better than Willian + Pedro by far

You can only get away with mediocre players for long and its now showing. We can't score goals and the coach keeps playing a midfield combo with no goal contribution and expecting magic to happen. Sarri is even making things worse by not dropping the under performing players like willian and Alonso for players in form like RLC. Sarri won't last long with this attitude. 

Ricardo is a year away from being better than Azpi as a 2 way fullback

He was a huge favourite target of mine for last 3 years

And Firpo is TWICE as good as Ricardo

I didnt make him his own thread for shitz n giggles 

Just now, BlueLyon said:

And Alonso or Willian. I think we can compensate for one, but both on pitch at same time is overkill.

If we buy striker, Pedro could play on the right, Hazard on the left, so yeah, no Willian. That alone would be huge upgrade.

And yet Hudson-Odoi isn't good enough for the Prem?? 

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. 

Sick of this spineless bullshit. When are we going to get a manager with a set of nuts for fuck sake.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We would still be lacking goals. Kovacic hasn't scored for 72 games for starters and people criticise Kante.

Willian, Alonso & Kovacic are three that shouldn't against Watford and the false nine needs to be dropped. Managers need to stop trying to shoehorn Hazard in a position where he isn't anywhere as effective.

Forget the City result

True it wouldn't change our goals from midfield, but from a tactical standpoint it would suit this team. They are excellent defensively and maintaining possession, and they can cover FB runs. By having better FB they create width and overload on the flanks to spread the opposition. Right now we are neither a side that create chances from the middle or flanks. 

You never see any of our fullbacks drive to the byline, make penetrating runs into the opponents' 18 yard box and look for cutbacks to our players. You know like Mendy does. Like Robertson does. Carvajal, Marcelo, Alba. All top fullbacks are able to drive their team forward with their overlaps.

Alonso races to the byline and just stands there, either passing it back or lumping some hopeless cross into the box none of our players has a chance or reaching. He's way too slow to  commit the opposition fullback. This clown was lumping balls into the box with Hazard playing upfront!

Same thing with Azpilicueta. Way too slow. All he does is cut back when he is 1 v 1 with a defender or lump a hopeless cross into the box.

Our fullbacks offer us ZERO. Everything they contribute in attack is infront of the oppositions backline, never anything in behind. Not just Alonso but Azpi too.

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

True it wouldn't change our goals from midfield, but from a tactical standpoint it would suit this team. They are excellent defensively and maintaining possession, and they can cover FB runs. By having better FB they create width and overload on the flanks to spread the opposition. Right now we are neither a side that create chances from the middle or flanks. 

I am (I guess most of you have figured this out by now) a HUGE fullback girl

they are such key 2 positions

along with a massively creative trequartista

Emerson isn't worthy of a place on the bench, so Sarri only has one option.